PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Stadium announcer
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Stadium announcer  (Read 4842 times)

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Stadium announcer
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2023, 08:17:02 AM »

I agree with comments above and know that many of the the comments are light hearted banter... ..but at the same time would want to highlight that the stadium announcer role is another voluntary role undertaken by a long standing supporter of the club

He managed to mess up Jordan Sinnotts memorial, gets names wrong, can't seem to olay Fanfare for the common man at the right time, music stays on tikk kick off.

Oh and played the Welsh Anthen for the England C team via YouTube
It's all my fault.

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2023, 10:01:49 AM »

it's hard to be critical of anyone doing anything for the club in their own time and purely for the love of altrincham fc, but if things can't be commented constructively the club will never improve the things that need improving.

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2023, 11:02:39 AM »

it's hard to be critical of anyone doing anything for the club in their own time and purely for the love of altrincham fc, but if things can't be commented constructively the club will never improve the things that need improving.

Totally agree. It's a very public role at the end of the day, creates an image and impression of the club and if it isn't right it should be called out. There's a way of going about it though...

Wilmslow Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2023, 11:51:35 AM »

a long standing supporter of the club
Only because of all the people walking infront of him.
Acton_Alty has now moved to Chiswick...Wilmslow!

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2023, 05:01:04 PM »

All points taken on board....do not necessarily disagree with them......speakers are poor on Popside so not aware of some of the issues mentioned......but if so it leaves three options.....leave as is - hire a professional announcer with experience - ask for a volunteer happy to swerve pre match pints and sit up at the back of stand for 23 home games
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2023, 06:14:39 PM »

I must admit that some of the OTT stadium announcers we get at away games can be irritating, and I would hope that we can remain a club with a volunteer element - just look at the stewarding!

Before Maunders left, we didn't really have much of that sort of thing. Whilst his departure was a shock, it was a time of tremendous spirit and togetherness that saw many people volunteering for different things (and I know that Ecky, for example, wouldn't have seen himself in the various roles he later undertook before that time). Yes, we want to move the club forward, but hopefully we can retain as much as possible of what we love about the club and non-league (and including the connection between staff/players and fans).

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2023, 06:34:08 PM »

Or option 4. Suggest to a hard working volunteer who generally does a difficult job very well that one or two minor tweaks might improve things a bit.

And I don't get this notion that keeps floating around that we can't be more professional or slick without losing the friendliness or family atmosphere.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2023, 06:46:01 PM »

Or option 4. Suggest to a hard working volunteer who generally does a difficult job very well that one or two minor tweaks might improve things a bit.

And I don't get this notion that keeps floating around that we can't be more professional or slick without losing the friendliness or family atmosphere.
Good shout
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2023, 06:46:29 PM »

a long standing supporter of the club
Only because of all the people walking infront of him.
and we are back in the game
ParkINson's red and white army

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2023, 06:46:58 PM »

Just my opinion, but I'd take people like Steve Murray over the current lot of "professional" stewards any day.
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Stadium announcer