PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Curzon v Fylde Tuesday anyone?
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Curzon v Fylde Tuesday anyone?  (Read 5231 times)

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: April 22, 2023, 06:47:17 PM »

A win for Curzon would see them up to 6th (or 5th with 3-0 or better), whilst a win for Fylde would put them in a strong position at the top and leave Curzon requiring snookers. Naturally I'll be rooting for Curzon, though admittedly Fylde would be more convenient than King's Lynn (unless you're planning to visit Norfolk Like me).

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Curzon v Fylde Tuesday anyone?
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2023, 07:16:12 PM »

A win for Curzon would see them up to 6th (or 5th with 3-0 or better), whilst a win for Fylde would put them in a strong position at the top and leave Curzon requiring snookers. Naturally I'll be rooting for Curzon, though admittedly Fylde would be more convenient than King's Lynn (unless you're planning to visit Norfolk Like me).

Oh I am planning to go to this match.

Tom Peers seems to be in top form for Curzon at the moment. You never know,they may become one of the smaller clubs to play at his level, but even if they beat AFC Fylde, anything can happen in the playoffs.

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2023, 07:35:24 PM »

And indeed in the last match - they're away at King's Lynn!  It would be a tremendous achievement for them just to make the play-offs. If not them, I would settle for Buxton.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2023, 06:42:32 AM »

What an achievement for Buxton to crash the playoffs - I could have sworn they were hovering above the relegation zone for much of the season. It seems Connor Kirby is having a very good season too - I can understand why we might have viewed him as too high risk following his injury, but he would have been useful for us - especially whilst Isaac Marriott was out.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2023, 09:31:46 AM »

What an achievement for Buxton to crash the playoffs - I could have sworn they were hovering above the relegation zone for much of the season. It seems Connor Kirby is having a very good season too - I can understand why we might have viewed him as too high risk following his injury, but he would have been useful for us - especially whilst Isaac Marriott was out.

I think he'd be a good replacement for Pringle to in the sqaud
It's all my fault.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2023, 10:49:59 AM »

Id have Kirby back in a heartbeat
Full time and proud of it

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2023, 11:00:09 AM »

Ditto!
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2023, 01:40:48 PM »

Ditto!

There's a few centre midfield options I'd be taking a look at, especially if we manage to free up a couple of squad places - one would be bringing Kirby back, and another (and rather appropriately for the title of this thread) would be the Northern Irish lad at Curzon Ashton, Dylan Boyle, who I assume we'd be in a good position to sign next year if available. Will be good to take a closer look at him tomorrow night.

andrewflynn

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2023, 02:14:54 PM »

Ditto!

There's a few centre midfield options I'd be taking a look at, especially if we manage to free up a couple of squad places - one would be bringing Kirby back, and another (and rather appropriately for the title of this thread) would be the Northern Irish lad at Curzon Ashton, Dylan Boyle, who I assume we'd be in a good position to sign next year if available. Will be good to take a closer look at him tomorrow night.

I'll chuck Declan Weeks into that list as well.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2023, 03:32:37 PM »

Seen Weeks a couple of times. He's good but imho not good enough.

PS. I'll be cheering for Buxton on Saturday!
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2023, 03:43:28 PM »

Ditto!

I'll chuck Declan Weeks into that list as well.

I think Weeks is far too embedded into Chester at the moment for that one to even be realistic, and George Glendon is contracted for another year too.

The one I think would be worth taking a look at is Charlie Caton, their number 10 who will be going back to parent club Shrewsbury in the summer.

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2023, 12:43:48 AM »

As promised,I did go to this game. AFC Fylde won 2-0 with goals in the first and fourth minutes, with their fans, who seemed very entitled, making up the majority of the crowd of 621.Both teams then had chances, but there were no further goals. They now go top, while Curzon still have a chance of the playoffs, but need to get a win at King's Lynn.

No ex-players on for Fylde,but Curzon had Josh Ollerenshaw, usually their second choice goalkeeper, Craig Mahon and Tom Peers starting and Josh Hancock coming on as sub after 60 minutes. Craig Mahon had a pretty good game at right back, but Tom had a quieter game and was substituted at half time.

As for Dylan Boyle, he looked very accomplished, and deservedly got Curzon's Man of the Match. The only thing is that we already have a small, hard-working terrier-like player in the form of Isaac Marriott and I am not sure what Boyle would add to the squad when there are other positions in much greater need of strengthening.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2023, 10:29:29 AM »

As promised,I did go to this game. AFC Fylde won 2-0 with goals in the first and fourth minutes, with their fans, who seemed very entitled, making up the majority of the crowd of 621.Both teams then had chances, but there were no further goals. They now go top, while Curzon still have a chance of the playoffs, but need to get a win at King's Lynn.

No ex-players on for Fylde,but Curzon had Josh Ollerenshaw, usually their second choice goalkeeper, Craig Mahon and Tom Peers starting and Josh Hancock coming on as sub after 60 minutes. Craig Mahon had a pretty good game at right back, but Tom had a quieter game and was substituted at half time.

As for Dylan Boyle, he looked very accomplished, and deservedly got Curzon's Man of the Match. The only thing is that we already have a small, hard-working terrier-like player in the form of Isaac Marriott and I am not sure what Boyle would add to the squad when there are other positions in much greater need of strengthening.

On the contrary I think we need to be future proofing the central midfield positions now; this lad is likely to have a higher ceiling of potential than Connor Kirby, for example - another very similar player to Isaac - and at his age I suspect he'd be happy to be an initial squad option while he gains experience at a higher level.

Given our ties with Fleetwood, he'd be high on my list.

Also I think Fylde did have one ex Robin in their ranks in the form of Danny Whitehead...?

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2023, 10:40:55 AM »

You are quite right. Danny Whitehead did play; I had completely forgotten he had played for us!

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2023, 04:40:04 PM »

You are quite right. Danny Whitehead did play; I had completely forgotten he had played for us!

Given his time with us, easily done...
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team