« on: April 18, 2023, 09:58:23 PM »

We are indeed
Full time and proud of it

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Safe
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2023, 10:39:38 PM »

Worth remarking on with the huge turnover of players & loss of experience last summer. And then you look at Yeovil, Scunny & (probably) Torquay, huge clubs at this level but going down to regional football. It’s something that is increasingly taken for granted but this is a very hard league & a tough slog with a lot of travelling over 46 matches & for us to be comfortably clear of relegation for a 3rd consecutive season at this level is a fine achievement.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2023, 10:44:18 PM »

I wholeheartedly agree.
Just said something similar on another thread 👍
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2023, 09:27:15 AM »

Brilliant overall, to go again at this level is great stuff, hopefully we can build on the nucleus of this team and add a bit more flair and be clinical at both ends.

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2023, 09:27:46 AM »

All in all, I think it has been a good but unpredictable season, with the change from part to full time. We had a good squad, which was broken up during the January transfer window, but we managed to replace the lost players and get the results which led us to safety. My highlight was the FA Trophy run, and despite it's minor value, we are still in a cup final with a chance of some silverware.

Most importantly, we are safe from relegation and have stopped being a yo-yo club like we were prior to Phil and Neil arriving. We have the basis of a good football team for next season, with some new additions and the return of Matty Kosylo. We are also now set up to improve season on season, and ouir crowds average over 2000.

I would call that meeting the plan.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2023, 09:46:56 AM »

Been a tougher transition that anticipated.

Siged some young players who may well prove themselves in the future but loanees were need to keep us up.

Haven't got a problem with the above but doesn't feel like its my team when you have 4/5 loan players in squa, even though some have been magnificent.

Big summer on recruitment front, but well done to the board and management team for season.
Full time and proud of it

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2023, 11:07:31 AM »

Been a tougher transition that anticipated.

Siged some young players who may well prove themselves in the future but loanees were need to keep us up.

Haven't got a problem with the above but doesn't feel like its my team when you have 4/5 loan players in squa, even though some have been magnificent.

Big summer on recruitment front, but well done to the board and management team for season.

It's quite sad that the loan players (Sinclair, Miles, CCC) feel more like our players.
It's all my fault.

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2023, 09:27:46 PM »

We are indeed

I think I still have a SAFE t-shirt somewhere - the underground one, not the original.

Are Kings Of The Golf Road still going? Sadly I lost the hat I bought from them.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Safe