News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 What Team would you put out tonight??

Author Topic: What Team would you put out tonight??  (Read 3052 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: July 30, 2007, 03:48:36 PM »

I'd like to think we'll start these two friendlies with our strongest side playing, I'd like us to line up like this (assuming Peyton is fit)

Coburn

Lane
Munroe
Tinson
Peyton

Potts
Lawton
Sedgemore
Senior

Little
O'neil

With all other squad members and trialists on the bench

However, should we have a left back on trial tonight then I would like see them.

Thoughts???

Alty365

Re: What Team would you put out tonight??
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2007, 04:12:26 PM »

Of the midfielders you have listed above it seems a very attack minded lineup. I've not seen Sedgemore play but is he a Hussin/Bushell type player who will break play down and give us muscle in the middle of the park? If so that lineup might work, but if not I think we'll be horribly exposed.

Other than that I'm all for having Potts and Senior as wide players as this was an area in which we were sadly lacking last season.

Jenga

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2007, 04:22:26 PM »

I would play exactly the same lineup as you have suggested, agree 100%

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2007, 04:23:50 PM »

I'd try Ballers at left full back...
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2007, 04:49:33 PM »

Of the midfielders you have listed above it seems a very attack minded lineup. I've not seen Sedgemore play but is he a Hussin/Bushell type player who will break play down and give us muscle in the middle of the park? If so that lineup might work, but if not I think we'll be horribly exposed.

Other than that I'm all for having Potts and Senior as wide players as this was an area in which we were sadly lacking last season.

It's the side I'd play, I'd rather see us line up like this and then if we get a lead put Val and Gary Scott on yo protect it. Last season, it was the other way around and at times you wondered if we were ever going to create anything. I know that if we were as gung ho as we were against Rotherham ultimately we'd get torn apart but just a little bit more go in us would be great.

Alty365

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2007, 04:51:47 PM »

It's the side I'd play, I'd rather see us line up like this and then if we get a lead put Val and Gary Scott on yo protect it. Last season, it was the other way around and at times you wondered if we were ever going to create anything. I know that if we were as gung ho as we were against Rotherham ultimately we'd get torn apart but just a little bit more go in us would be great.

To be fair that makes a lot of sense and I can't really disagree with you, especially at home where we must look to put teams under pressure right from the start.

baldrick

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2007, 05:28:59 PM »

I would definitely play Potts on the wing. If he is fully fit he could be one of the best wingers in the division. A sort of George Armstrong type.

Butty

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2007, 06:12:26 PM »

I'd try Ballers at left full back...

nah personally i's pick myself, although i am right footed(but a good left to be fair) and yes, i used to be a left back who got put in net because our old keeper went to ireland 2 live and i suppose being 13 is a drawback but when did age count? ;D

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2007, 07:01:31 PM »

GH said he was trying to bring some youth into the side so not a problem.

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2007, 08:55:07 PM »

GH said he was trying to bring some youth into the side so not a problem.

ScottyTee?  :D
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team