PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Sinclair Recalled
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Sinclair Recalled  (Read 5993 times)

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Sinclair Recalled
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2023, 10:57:24 AM »

It seems Rochdale have recalled Tyrese Sinclair.

For me it highlights the potential problems caused by over reliance on loan players

If only our gate receipts were higher eh, Phil?
It's all my fault.

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2023, 12:04:02 PM »

Sometimes I do understand what Jordan means about this forum. Honest to God.

What exactly has anyone said that you find so contemptible?

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2023, 04:30:52 PM »

I just think that we should be celebrating a really successful loan - rather than bemoaning the fact we did it in the first place.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2023, 04:41:31 PM »

I think the problem is that we all would want to celebrate a successful loan (and there have been quite a few this season) however some of us feel dependency on loanees contributes to disruptions we can do without and having our team under contract to us would be a preferable situation.
Having said that, that's been almost impossible to achieve this season. Perhaps a good close season transfer dealings can improve the situation. I'm sure Parky feels similarly and would be happier with a contracted squad with just a couple of loans.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2023, 04:45:40 PM »

I just think that we should be celebrating a really successful loan - rather than bemoaning the fact we did it in the first place.

I think it's the manner in which it has been pulled; seems a strange one tbh. I would have perhaps understand on the Sunday after Halifax; or when the manager was appointed, but this feels strange. Especially as we sent Cashman back, have little cover and have few players to pick from.
It's all my fault.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2023, 04:54:17 PM »

I'm sure we'll have plenty of options by the time we visit Nijmegan! 😉
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2023, 05:37:50 PM »

The success that Parky has had with loan players has been absolutely remarkable. Let's face it, if you're a player who has been sidelined at a club and you want to get your career back on track, Parky and Alty should be first choice.

I think, that as fans we would all love to see a situation where we could watch an Alty filled mainly with Alty players. The management will of course be fully supportive of this scenario and we have to hope that we can get there sooner rather than later. It's good for morale and also of course for continuity.

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2023, 07:46:35 PM »

Not likely. Did you hear that radio phone in on GMR about our FAT semi-final from 1978 that was unearthed a few months back? As someone not watching (or born) at the time, I think of that as one of our greatest sides, so what struck me was the amount of complaining about the way we played in the first leg against Runcorn.

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2023, 07:57:31 PM »

at this stage of the season it doesn't matter about loan players going back. i'm more concerned about a stable team being built for next time without having to look forward to three pre-seasons as new combinations get going at different stages of the season.

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2023, 09:54:50 PM »

Let's not forget that we could have had a more settled team by regularly playing Goodson, Dinanga, Jackson etc. However it was decided, correctly in my view, that we could achieve more by getting players like Newby and CCC on loan, with the result that we have amassed 53 plus points, reached an FA Trophy semi, and the CSC final. If we match this next season, with or without loan players, I shan't complain. Also worth remembering that players of the calibre of CCC are liable to be picked up by other clubs anyway even if contracted, as indeed happened with Ryan and Toby.

Of course if we could get a player on loan for a season as (almost) happened with Shotton, that would solve the problem too, however, I suspect that such loans are quite rare.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2023, 09:59:24 PM by Hugh »

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2023, 07:39:01 PM »

The success that Parky has had with loan players has been absolutely remarkable. Let's face it, if you're a player who has been sidelined at a club and you want to get your career back on track, Parky and Alty should be first choice.

I think, that as fans we would all love to see a situation where we could watch an Alty filled mainly with Alty players. The management will of course be fully supportive of this scenario and we have to hope that we can get there sooner rather than later. It's good for morale and also of course for continuity.

I totally agree with what you say about Alty and the manager being a good place for a loanee to come and get his game back on track … however it doesn’t really help us as a team going forward, we need a stable team who can get a settled side. Woking this season have 10 players  who have played 30+games this season. That’s probably why they are where they are.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2023, 12:47:48 AM by distancetraveller »

Bath Alty

• Regular First Team
  • Technically now Lechlade Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2023, 08:48:15 AM »

Good players will progress up the ladder. They only stop once they either reach their level or reach the top.  For years we were the top for part time so a stable team from year to year was possible. Now we are the bottom of the full time ladder so most players we keep for years will be those not capable of moving up (of course the will be a couple of exceptions but not a team full and not for years - see colclough, Toby etc)  loans is part of the strategy and will be for some time. We need to get used to it. Although hopefully not quite as many as this year if we get the permanent recruitment right

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2023, 04:23:33 PM »

Good players will progress up the ladder. They only stop once they either reach their level or reach the top.  For years we were the top for part time so a stable team from year to year was possible. Now we are the bottom of the full time ladder so most players we keep for years will be those not capable of moving up (of course the will be a couple of exceptions but not a team full and not for years - see colclough, Toby etc)  loans is part of the strategy and will be for some time. We need to get used to it. Although hopefully not quite as many as this year if we get the permanent recruitment right

The final seven words of your totally accurate post are key. We need to have already identified targets for next season, and they need to be totally realistic and affordable.

Trialists have proved to be an unreliable source of signings in the past.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2023, 04:50:25 PM »

Let's not forget that we could have had a more settled team by regularly playing Goodson, Dinanga, Jackson etc. However it was decided, correctly in my view, that we could achieve more by getting players like Newby and CCC on loan, with the result that we have amassed 53 plus points, reached an FA Trophy semi, and the CSC final. If we match this next season, with or without loan players, I shan't complain. Also worth remembering that players of the calibre of CCC are liable to be picked up by other clubs anyway even if contracted, as indeed happened with Ryan and Toby.

Of course if we could get a player on loan for a season as (almost) happened with Shotton, that would solve the problem too, however, I suspect that such loans are quite rare.

Absolutely right - here's the two scenarios:

Let's say we know - with hindsight - that relying on loanees this season gets us 10% extra in points. This is probably a conservative estimate in the extreme, let's face it. Do you go ahead and stick with it, or rely on players such as Brockbank & Barrows at full back, Osborne at Number 10 and Jordan or Marcus up front all year?

Of course you rely on the loanees - and we're already heading into next season with E.Jones and Perritt on the books, due to previous loan spells - who are light years ahead of Brockbank and Barrows - so we're already attacking the summer from a much higher base level already in some positions.

If people don't think the club aren't already looking at options then I'm afraid I don't know what to say - it's like people tbought we'd lost the plot after selling Coco and Toby before we'd even had the chance to announce Linney, Sinclair, Oyedele. There will be more players like these up the club's sleeve - and yes, some will be loanees.

The reliance on loanees will taper off slightly each season, that's pretty obvious. I don't know why we're still having this conversation like this strategy is going to happen every season from here on in.

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2023, 04:56:50 PM »

Maybe it's just down to the type of football I want to watch. I'd rather watch an Altrincham FC team than a Manchester United/Fleetwood/Rochdale/Preston/Stoke Reserves Select Xl. I would take the view (and I don't ask or expect anyone to agree with me) that if Altrincham FC is this reliant on loan players then the club isn't ready for this division, and shock horror and heresy hang draw and quarter me is actually maintaining its position under false pretences. But as I said in a previous post I don't really understand football.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Sinclair Recalled