PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Sc**thorpe down now (barring AGM cups)
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Sc**thorpe down now (barring AGM cups)  (Read 4149 times)

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Sc**thorpe down now (barring AGM cups)
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2023, 01:19:29 PM »

i drove past the moss rose on saturday and they've got a big sign outside saying something along the lines of "since 1874.". i think that's called having it both ways isn't it?

Fair play to the match programme & website & any articles penned by a certain figure at the club & occasional habitue of this forum who always rightly refers to the ‘now defunct Macclesfield Town’. Never forget they ripped off local business & cheated the tax man and have no history whatsoever.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2023, 03:05:41 PM »

i drove past the moss rose on saturday and they've got a big sign outside saying something along the lines of "since 1874.". i think that's called having it both ways isn't it?

Fair play to the match programme & website & any articles penned by a certain figure at the club & occasional habitue of this forum who always rightly refers to the ‘now defunct Macclesfield Town’. Never forget they ripped off local business & cheated the tax man and have no history whatsoever.

Much better than the nonsense shoe horned in about Wolves every other week.
It's all my fault.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2023, 03:40:46 PM »

I was there (Wolves). It was my (first) reality check watching and supporting Alty.

PS. There have been quite a few others over the years.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2023, 03:59:37 PM by Saughall Robin »
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Ukrainian Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2023, 04:27:06 PM »

I was there (Wolves). It was my (first) reality check watching and supporting Alty.

PS. There have been quite a few others over the years.

From the match day programme (Saturday 22nd January 1966)

"WELCOME TO A FINE TEAM
As we welcome Cheshire League side Altrincham to Molineux today we do so with the sincerity of club to club rather than from a high status to a lower one.  Let us assure the many thousands who will have made the trip from Cheshire that there is no condescension in our greeting to a side who, without a shadow of a doubt, have already proved themselves worthy of the place they have won in the third round of the FA Cup.

But whatever the outcome, all of us in Wolvehampton will wish them well in their outstanding effort to win the Cheshire League title for the first time in their history.  Unbeaten so far they certainly seem to be on the way towards it".
« Last Edit: April 15, 2023, 10:41:12 AM by Ukrainian Alty »

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2023, 01:48:50 AM »

Out of interest, what year was it that we became 'debt free' ?

I can't remember the exact year off hand but I'm sure it was after we got promoted in 2005 (despite Yemi Odubade's best efforts), when our total staff wages were about 2.5k, up from 1.8k in the NPL, at a time when the likes of Worksop Town were paying some 5k a week.

I suspect it was towards the end of the 6 year spell in the Conference (during which we recorded a post Maunders best of doing better than eleven Conference teams who started the season), or not long after. I'm sure it will be in the Altyfiles archives somewhere.
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Sc**thorpe down now (barring AGM cups)