PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Gateshead Match Thread
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Gateshead Match Thread  (Read 9285 times)

chesteralty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Gateshead Match Thread
« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2023, 09:58:12 AM »

Some finish from the wOrST eVeR aLtRiNcHaM pLaYeR…….
So glad I didn't have to be the only one to say this.

7 in 12 is a decent return for them...

👍 Look, we were right to let him go as he simply wasn’t converting for us. But he was always on the end of chances and had the second highest xG (if you rea
d into it) in the League after Langstaff. Clearly a confidence player that never clicked at Alty.

Never a bad player and some of the stick he got on here and in person absolutely reeked. Should be ashamed.
"Never a bad player". I presume you're joking there.
I always said he was probably a very nice person, just a terrible player for Alty.
I'm glad he seems to have found a team he can play better for.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2023, 10:03:37 AM »

Exactly. If that chance had come to him whilst playing for us, he'd have put it over the bar.
Good luck to him if he's now in a happy place.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2023, 10:08:24 AM »

Having watched the highlights, we had plenty of chances to score. Hugill and Linney had the best opportunities. But lacked the quality of finishing.

Shame we were missing our regular CH's, Perritt did well overall. Dinanga goal was a decent shot, but at that angle we should have done better.

Strong summer needed

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 11, 2023, 10:12:27 AM »

👍 Look, we were right to let him go as he simply wasn’t converting for us. But he was always on the end of chances and had the second highest xG (if you rea
d into it) in the League after Langstaff. Clearly a confidence player that never clicked at Alty.

Never a bad player and some of the stick he got on here and in person absolutely reeked. Should be ashamed.
I always said he was probably a very nice person, just a terrible player for Alty.

This

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 11, 2023, 12:59:30 PM »

I'd argue the goal Dinanga scored was exactly the type he'd score for us - given acres of space from Kyle Ferguson to comfortably get a shot away.

He'd probably have missed the ones Hugill / Linney did.

The extreme poles of opinion on here were quite something - worst to ever wear the shirt... really? - but at the same time we were right to take the fee when the opportunity arose. I think most of us will be pleased to see him doing well there, but Regan Linney is loads better.

b23

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 11, 2023, 01:00:57 PM »

I need to watch the highlights as I was at the game and Parky said we were brilliant  superb  outstanding....Hope he's right..It didnt thrill me yesterday..I know the defence was down to bare bones but...

TheGolfRoadView

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 11, 2023, 02:22:33 PM »

Personally I thought PP was a bit exaggerating how well we played yesterday and how well their keeper did. He  certainly made a few decent saves, but overall I thought Byrne was the busier keeper especially in the 1st half. We missed some decent chances especially the Hugill chance in the 1st half but we could have very easily been 2 0 down, at that point, when they should have scored with the header which hit the bar. Overall I think a draw was the most we deserved.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2023, 02:24:42 PM by TheGolfRoadView »

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 11, 2023, 03:03:58 PM »

We seem to be the club where he has been least successful.
We are also, I believe, the only club to have t
ried to play him up front on his own.

Coincidence?

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 11, 2023, 04:07:37 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6czi9iu_kWA

Some superb Pitch level highlights from Gateshead of yesterday's game here. (Would love to see more of this kind of thing for our games, adding to the already excellent Alty TV highlights of course)

Lots of chances for both sides yesterday, unfortunately Gateshead took one of theirs and we couldn't with both sides playing some really attractive football.
Overall, we're still a work in progress but despite that have still had one of our best National League seasons this century. Would love us to finish 13th or above this year and hit the 60 point mark, that would represent excellent progress on last season.

Knutty robin

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 11, 2023, 04:58:28 PM »

I think a lack of options off the bench didn't help due the maximum allowed loan players.  This needs addressing for next season.  I couldn't though understand bringing on Osborne?

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 11, 2023, 05:24:35 PM »

I think a lack of options off the bench didn't help due the maximum allowed loan players.  This needs addressing for next season.  I couldn't though understand bringing on Osborne?

I never understand us bringing on Osborne.

swindellsworth

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 11, 2023, 05:35:32 PM »

This
Did'nt rate him much personally but to label him our ' worst ever ' is well o.t.t. in my opinion . The likes of George Hudson , Ted Dickin , Dick Young , Dave Furnival , Wayne Entwistle , John McAliskey and maybe George Bowerman and Joe Piggott (second spell ) all spring to mind. I'm sure there were others too.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 11, 2023, 05:44:42 PM »

We seem to be the club where he has been least successful.
We are also, I believe, the only club to have t
ried to play him up front on his own.

Coincidence?

I did think this myself.

Both him & Jordan up front taking the workload off each other might have been more useful in hindsight, but I suspect we still would have arrived in the same place with him and we have Regan Linney now.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 11, 2023, 06:58:03 PM »

This
Did'nt rate him much personally but to label him our ' worst ever ' is well o.t.t. in my opinion . The likes of George Hudson , Ted Dickin , Dick Young , Dave Furnival , Wayne Entwistle , John McAliskey and maybe George Bowerman and Joe Piggott (second spell ) all spring to mind. I'm sure there were others too.

Of course most of the above examples were part-time players whereas Marcus was on a two year contract. On that basis he deserved every ounce of the criticism levelled at him. I could name you another dozen strikers to have graced our turf who were far worse than him (Darren Royle particularly !) but to find a comparably poor striker on a lucrative contract the only comparison was Michael ("I ate all the pies and asked for more") Twiss.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 11, 2023, 07:12:33 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6czi9iu_kWA

Some superb Pitch level highlights from Gateshead of yesterday's game here. (Would love to see more of this kind of thing for our games, adding to the already excellent Alty TV highlights of course)

Lots of chances for both sides yesterday, unfortunately Gateshead took one of theirs and we couldn't with both sides playing some really attractive football.
Overall, we're still a work in progress but despite that have still had one of our best National League seasons this century. Would love us to finish 13th or above this year and hit the 60 point mark, that would represent excellent progress on last season.

So, the secret to winning appears to be having Cher in your changing room...
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Gateshead Match Thread