PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Oldham bounce-back party
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Oldham bounce-back party  (Read 5679 times)

Leeds Leeds Alty

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
Oldham bounce-back party
« on: April 02, 2023, 12:16:03 PM »

Get yourselves to Boundary Park on 7th April and get yesterday out of your system.

First time, to my knowledge, we have played at Boundary Park.

Easy to get to for most.

Everyone has budgeted for Wembley - that isn't happening - nothing we can do about that -  so isn't it better that we get back on the horse, carry on, and make lots of noise supporting the team.

Every proper fans gets hurt like we are are from yesterday - proper fans bounce back.

The players will be gutted - so do we swerve this match because its hurting so they run out to 117 away fans in a 7000 crowd and feel like no one cares, or do we get 1000 there out singing the home fans so that the players know we are still behind them and we love our club rain or shine?

We show character and the players will too.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Oldham bounce-back party
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2023, 12:34:20 PM »

Well I'll be there to do just that!

PS. Let's get to that other cup semi final on Tuesday as well. It'll be a new ground for me (although I've been to Canal Street a few times) 😉
« Last Edit: April 02, 2023, 12:36:08 PM by Saughall Robin »
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2023, 12:42:48 PM »

Get yourselves to Boundary Park on 7th April and get yesterday out of your system.

Easy to get to for most.

Everyone has budgeted for Wembley - that isn't happening - nothing we can do about that -  so isn't it better that we get back on the horse, carry on, and make lots of noise supporting the team.

Every proper fans gets hurt like we are are from yesterday - proper fans bounce back.

The players will be gutted - so do we swerve this match because its hurting so they run out to 117 away fans in a 7000 crowd and feel like no one cares, or do we get 1000 there out singing the home fans so that the players know we are still behind them and we love our club rain or shine?

I'd pencilled this in before the game yesterday. Last night after didn't fancy it. Changed my mind again this morning.  We Alty fans were gutted and felt an injustice. The players will have felt the same PLUS it will have dawned on most if not all of them that they may never play at Wembley. Their pain is at least double to ours. I'm going now!

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2023, 12:43:47 PM »

100%. A league double over Oldham Athletic would have been cloud cuckoo land 5 years ago. Easy do on the tram, a fantastic stadium & most people off work. Really hope people can dust themselves down & we take 500.

Ukrainian Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2023, 02:39:42 PM »

I will be there and I am going to encourage as many others to go as possible. I feel extremely proud of our team and after seeing the emotion displayed by the Manager and his young players yesterday after such an undeserved blow, I have concluded that Phil, Neil and a number of the players are showing attributes that will see them become Alty Legends and lift the Club to their true status in the form of Non-League Giants and FA Cup Giant-Killers. That is, until we make it to the EFL and then there will be a whole new chapter to write.

My final words on yesterday.  We were the better team.  We all know that we should have won and I am sure that lessons have been learnt as to what went wrong after we had dominated so much of the game and had so many chances to put it to bed.

On the pitch I am seeing us showing steady improvement year on year.  We play an entertaining brand of football and crowds are growing remarkably.

What concerns me more then anything else is the decrepit state of the ground and the lack of basic facilities (especially for away supporters).  If there is any scope we should shorten the length of the pitch slightly to enable match security personnel to stand between the perimeter rail and the goal at both ends to prevent any future interference with the nets.  Perhaps we should look at employing our own security personnel and have them trained to the industry's highest standards so that they will become an income generating asset that we can hire out to other organisations when it is prudent to do so.

I sat in the main stand yesterday and like the popular side it really needs replacing completely. In fact, there needs to be some real co-ordinated engagement between all the various stakeholders in the Club to try and get things moving towards a redevelopment of the ground.  This issue is not going to go away, nor is it going to resolve itself if a few seats are placed in the middle of the pop side.   

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2023, 02:43:44 PM »

My boy and I will be there 100%.

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2023, 02:53:40 PM »

Did we make The Guinness Book of Records for most people in a Community Sports Hall in Altrincham?

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2023, 05:57:47 PM »

Easy to get to for most.

Gutted it's on Good Friday at 3pm. Maybe next season!

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2023, 11:57:45 AM »

So, is it the Chaddy end we book via the link. Currently 364 tickets allocated to us. Don't want to end up un wrong place.

https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/tickets/oldham-athletic-away/?ftredirect=1

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2023, 12:12:26 PM »

Is it all ticket then or can we just bowl up on the day?
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2023, 02:44:07 PM »

Is it all ticket then or can we just bowl up on the day?

No mention of cash sales so far.

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2023, 03:04:33 PM »

So, is it the Chaddy end we book via the link. Currently 364 tickets allocated to us. Don't want to end up un wrong place.

https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/tickets/oldham-athletic-away/?ftredirect=1
Certainly is Dave. I got an early bird old farts ticket for the outrageous sum of £8!
Tenner on the coach saves faffing around on two trams which would be free for me but doesn't offer the good company.
Looking forward to it now after a counselling session post Halifax with the dog. He didn't say much but seemed to offer a sympathetic ear.

Leeds Leeds Alty

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2023, 12:27:16 AM »

We have sold 184 tickets so far - about 150 since yesterday.

That's the spirit friends - keep it coming and lets have a great day out.

We have earned it, and so has the team.

Ukrainian Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2023, 11:57:36 AM »

I bought two tickets last evening and the section that they have given us seemed to be filling up nicely.

swindellsworth

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2023, 12:51:50 PM »

Easy to get to for most.

Great post , let's all get there in our hundreds . Last time at BP watched them beat Southampton in the League cup QF
in 1990.  Andy Ritchie et al .
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Oldham bounce-back party