News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 That bloody flare....

Author Topic: That bloody flare....  (Read 2738 times)

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
That bloody flare....
« on: April 01, 2023, 07:59:06 PM »

....should not have got into the ground. Today I entered the Popular Side without the usual scanning taking place. Did we just have an "anything goes" attitude this afternoon ?

Yes I'm biter, angry, and disappointed. And yes the flare was a primary cause of our downfall.

BUT ANY TEAM WHO ARE TWO GOALS AHEAD IN A PENALTY SHOOTOUT AND THEN CONTRIVE TO LOSE IT DO NOT DESERVE TO WIN THE MATCH.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: That bloody flare....
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2023, 08:05:30 PM »

The stewards operating in front of the turnstile at the main stand were utterly clueless.

When a Halifax supporter asked which turnstile he needed to go to, one luminous-jacketed buffoon was directing him towards the Golf Road End until I intervened and pointed the visitor in the right direction.

Are they not briefed before a game to familiarise themselves with the stadium?

A waste of space (and money).
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2023, 09:20:14 PM »

The stewards operating in front of the turnstile at the main stand were utterly clueless.

When a Halifax supporter asked which turnstile he needed to go to, one luminous-jacketed buffoon was directing him towards the Golf Road End until I intervened and pointed the visitor in the right direction.

Are they not briefed before a game to familiarise themselves with the stadium?

A waste of space (and money).

I would have thought that the senior steward would have given a full briefing to all stewards prior to the ground being open for access of supporters. We have a lot to learn and improvements need to be made off the pitch, if we really do want to be known as a professionally run club, such as better stewarding improvement of toilets both male and female & snack facilities

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2023, 12:36:23 AM »

Stewards are needed at this level, no question there. These jokers have shown week after week that third party providers could not give a sh*t.

If this is the best option fans will lose out, unless they are violent in which case they will be fine.

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2023, 08:31:59 AM »

Had the shoot out been at the Golf Road end the stewards would have been lined up the crowd side of the perimeter fence just as they are during a match. You wouldn't have got near the netting and rightly so. At the away end the stewards are pitchside and stare into the free for all away supporters and don't interact at all. Is this part of the senior stewards prematch briefing? Incidentally, did we have any resident police presence yesterday?I know it's expensive but it acts as a deterrent as opposed to a reactionary solution with such a large crowd. They may well have intervened during the shoot out to maintain public order whereas the referee was out of his depth and beyond his capabilities.

alty.fc

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2023, 10:00:30 AM »

You will struggle to ever stop people secreting objects that don't show on metal detectors into a ground
Come on you red and white........

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2023, 06:10:59 PM »

Stewards are needed at this level, no question there. These jokers have shown week after week that third party providers could not give a sh*t.

If this is the best option fans will lose out, unless they are violent in which case they will be fine.

I should emphasise the fan who hit me at the Notts game was not ejected to my knowledge. The stewards did eventually go and speak to him after I complained about him. He gave them some story about being spat on (which I knew nothing about) and so far as I can tell they took no further action. The fact is though he ran from some way along the pop side to the fence (with no stewards on hand), hit me through the fence and went off again to continue watching the game. Clueless would seem to be about right.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 That bloody flare....