PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Semi Final - Halifax Match Thread
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: Semi Final - Halifax Match Thread  (Read 13706 times)

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Semi Final - Halifax Match Thread
« Reply #60 on: April 01, 2023, 09:19:41 PM »

There's no point in appealing, it would be an absolute first in football if anything were to actually happen.

And yes of course we're allowed to moan if we're not learning from the same mistakes week in week out - the very same player equalised against us in very similar circumstances at the Shay - and on that occasion he turned James Jones inside out too.

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 01, 2023, 09:25:58 PM »

I couldn't disagree with that more.

It's a clear and obvious breach of the FA's own rules. The club should at the very least, review the footage before making a decision. The nets were being lifted up while the kicks were being taken - I am surprised that more people didn't notice.

that man showler

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 01, 2023, 10:05:01 PM »

It's a clear and obvious breach of the FA's own rules. The club should at the very least, review the footage before making a decision. The nets were being lifted up while the kicks were being taken - I am surprised that more people didn't notice.

Don't think we will appeal it TBH and IF we did and IF we were successful how do you resolve the issue,kick Halifax out of the competition,replay the game or just retake the penalties.

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 01, 2023, 10:12:16 PM »

I've never seen a penalty shootout before where there was a clear breach in the netting (bottom left of the goal). The top middle of the netting was also being moved around significantly. The footage should be reviewed and presented to the referee. My belief is that (following the events around their goal) he quite literally froze. The Halifax supporters should have been removed from the area immediately behind the goal when it became obvious they were interfering with the netting.

What the f*** were the stewards doing? They should be fired.

Is this it?

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 01, 2023, 11:57:00 PM »

Law 14 makes it absolutely clear that the netting should not be moving when the kick is taken; there is no ambiguity.  If the Club do appeal 9and they surely must) and the FA don't take action (as I'm sure they won't because they are spineless) two question have to be asked, 'what is the point of the Law?' and 'What level of interference would mean the penalty could not be taken?'  The ref had the option to retake the pen, but chose not to; I expect that was more to do with trying to avoid an increasingly volatile situation developing among the away support.  Disgraceful officiating.

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 02, 2023, 08:15:54 AM »

Don't think we will appeal it TBH and IF we did and IF we were successful how do you resolve the issue,kick Halifax out of the competition,replay the game or just retake the penalties.
I would imagine the FA would take swift and hard hitting action to impose a hefty fine on the club who staged the game for failing to control the crowd in a safe and appropriate manner.

Is this it?

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 02, 2023, 09:22:37 AM »

I would imagine the FA would take swift and hard hitting action to impose a hefty fine on the club who staged the game for failing to control the crowd in a safe and appropriate manner.
Regrettably, I think that you may be correct.  However, I imagine the ref could have stalled proceedings (and moved the shootout to the other goal?) or had the kick retaken; he did neither.

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 02, 2023, 09:35:05 AM »

Yes. Probably correct unfortunately.

The ref froze. He'll be sat somewhere in the full knowledge that he froze.

alty.fc

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 02, 2023, 09:58:42 AM »

I fear you are correct and I do hope that the company that were "stewarding" the game cover the cost in full as they failed to carry out what they were employed to deliver
Come on you red and white........

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 02, 2023, 11:55:10 AM »

An utter farce, my 1 bucket list item of seeing my team at Wembley ruined by underspending on stewards.
It's all my fault.

Bangor on Dee Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 02, 2023, 12:10:45 PM »

Absolutely gutted, proud and disappointed for the lads and us as fans.

What a roller coaster we have at Alty, its never boring that's for sure.

Keep the faith and we'll see what the future brings.

Progression now in all aspects of the club, looks good. I wouldn't swop it for the anything  :D

that man showler

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 02, 2023, 12:29:52 PM »

Reason for not been at Wembley  is we did not convert our clear cut chances  End off.

Strong summer needed

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 02, 2023, 01:24:47 PM »

Chill. We'll win the chesh

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 02, 2023, 02:25:02 PM »

Indeed. Should we have rotated yesterday and protected for Tuesday night?

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 02, 2023, 03:06:58 PM »

Indeed. Should we have rotated yesterday and protected for Tuesday night?

I think we did. Won't Linney be back on Tuesday to fire us to victory! 😉
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Semi Final - Halifax Match Thread