Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 The segregation fence urgently needs fixing.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: The segregation fence urgently needs fixing.  (Read 8535 times)

MadFrankie

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: The segregation fence urgently needs fixing.
« Reply #45 on: March 30, 2023, 04:33:00 PM »

Well said Andrew. There are still a few of us on here who were involved with SAFE and can vouch for the effort involved (while acknowledging that circumstances then were very different to now).
There’s a fine line between independence of the club and engagement with the club but I suspect there are sufficient motivated people to make it work.
Is this the way to Mickleover
I'd rather go there than Dover

RockyRobin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 30, 2023, 04:43:34 PM »

Well said Andrew. There are still a few of us on here who were involved with SAFE and can vouch for the effort involved (while acknowledging that circumstances then were very different to now).
There’s a fine line between independence of the club and engagement with the club but I suspect there are sufficient motivated people to make it work.

Well volunteered
Bought and Brought are two different words with completely different meanings

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 30, 2023, 05:04:14 PM »

Well volunteered

Fanzine?

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 30, 2023, 05:15:23 PM »

TASC doesn't need to exisit, there's plenty of fans that can be canvassed, but the fact is the club have to stop treating fans as numbers for to avoid another truely toxic atmosphere on the next bad run
It's all my fault.

Ukrainian Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 30, 2023, 05:35:29 PM »

Well volunteered

Fanzine?

The Reliant Robin circa 1990...  Cushty

Ukrainian Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 30, 2023, 05:57:07 PM »

Well volunteered

Fanzine?

I always thought that 'Netstretcher' was a good read.

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 30, 2023, 06:05:07 PM »

Some interesting views regarding a supporters group. It's worth remembering that we're now in an age where we have a strong official social media presence where views are surely read at the very least. You then have the curious status of this forum which is unofficial and probably used by only a small minority of our fanbase yet has the occasional posts from officials on it. Add it all up and the views of the fans can be easily seen, and across a broad church. Very different from 30 people in the Noel White Suite on a Monday night asking the chairman stuff.

I would certainly say though that there needs to be some properly coordinated link between the club and it's fanbase where concerns and suggestions are logged and acted upon. A supporter liaison officer could be effective.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2023, 06:29:11 PM by Bob »

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 30, 2023, 06:38:47 PM »

To be blunt about it, I’m not sure that some of stewards that the the club hire for games would be up to stewarding if things got really tetchy.
Stood behind us rather than in front.

TheGolfRoadView

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 30, 2023, 07:30:32 PM »

Also by having just a single fence as segregation on Tuesday, this actually put stewards more at risk from incidents with either set of fans. Unfortunately this season, especially when an away team brings a few fans, we are getting a few fans , who it would appear, be happy to join in if any trouble did occur. If you are going to have segregation in the Popular Side at least have a sterile area between the two sets of fans. Though before doing that, unlike on Tuesday, actually make sure the number of away fans requires that.  Great suggestion from an earlier post about categorising games, that's surely all what is required.
I assume there will be a police presence on Saturday, but I hope the stewards are abit more clued up than they normally are, because there's obviously alot at stake, and whatever the result it could get a bit tetchy both inside and outside the ground.

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 30, 2023, 09:25:59 PM »

I'll tell you what would be ace is if we could convene "supporters' meetings" during matches as required. Many people have expressed concerns on here about Tuesday night and related issues, and I thank them for this (and thanks especially to Hashtag for raising the matter with the club) but the thing is, I dealt with the stewards pretty much single handed on Tuesday night for various reasons - I didn't ask anyone to help, people weren't aware, didn't have any plan of what could be done if they were, had other responsibilities etc.

The attitude of the stewards to me was along the lines of grow up, calm down, don't say that (although when queried, could not specify what I shouldn't say). If there were a group of us in a scheme, then if anyone had an issue on matchdays, they would raise a red flag (literal or otherwise), pass the word around, and other supporters in the scheme could come and back them up to try and sort the issue. Even if it was only half a dozen people, it might force stewards (or whoever) to take the matter seriously, especially if some of those people were recognised by the stewards as supporters' representatives. It would not require any administrative nonsense, and minimal organisation, just an informal agreement between supporters to back each other up. Any volunteers to tell me the catch(if any)?

I'll tell you another thing. It got even better on Tuesday. Just before I moved to the exit near the end of play on Tuesday, I wished Notts supporters on the pop side good luck for the rest of the season. I think they thought it was quite funny actually, but one of the stewards thought otherwise and shouted at me to "calm down". One can only wonder at the thought process...
« Last Edit: March 30, 2023, 09:30:48 PM by Hugh »

alty.fc

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 30, 2023, 09:29:20 PM »

Some interesting views regarding a supporters group. It's worth remembering that we're now in an age where we have a strong official social media presence where views are surely read at the very least. You then have the curious status of this forum which is unofficial and probably used by only a small minority of our fanbase yet has the occasional posts from officials on it. Add it all up and the views of the fans can be easily seen, and across a broad church. Very different from 30 people in the Noel White Suite on a Monday night asking the chairman stuff.

I would certainly say though that there needs to be some properly coordinated link between the club and it's fanbase where concerns and suggestions are logged and acted upon. A supporter liaison officer could be effective.
the views must be getting read as they are getting deleted
Come on you red and white........

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 30, 2023, 10:10:57 PM »

1984 arrives 39 years late.

andrewflynn

« Reply #57 on: March 31, 2023, 07:59:41 AM »

Important not to blur the lines between the Facebook supporters group and the club though mate. As petty as their moderation has been this week, the group is unofficial and moderated by fans who aren’t involved with the club.

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 31, 2023, 09:56:01 AM »

My point is the sterile area at the scoreboard IS the segregation. Read my post again it says away supporters should NOT be in the popular side period.

You said this isnt anyones fault?

No other club worries about away fans as much as us.

Torquay - no toilets or food.
Maidstone - no away hot food.
Wrexham - cap every club
York - messed our stand around.
I must disagree on Torquay they do have toilets and food for away fans,what i do not like abour plainmoor is we are put in the stand,rather than behind the goal.
Harold

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 31, 2023, 10:05:31 AM »

My point is the sterile area at the scoreboard IS the segregation. Read my post again it says away supporters should NOT be in the popular side period.

You said this isnt anyones fault?

No other club worries about away fans as much as us.

Torquay - no toilets or food.
Maidstone - no away hot food.
Wrexham - cap every club
York - messed our stand around.
I must disagree on Torquay they do have toilets and food for away fans,what i do not like abour plainmoor is we are put in the stand,rather than behind the goal.

On Saturday night earlier in the year, my only option for food was to go in the home end. Thus no away food
It's all my fault.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 The segregation fence urgently needs fixing.