Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 The segregation fence urgently needs fixing.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: The segregation fence urgently needs fixing.  (Read 8537 times)

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: The segregation fence urgently needs fixing.
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2023, 12:20:22 AM »

To be blunt about it, I’m not sure that some of stewards that the the club hire for games would be up to stewarding if things got really tetchy.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2023, 12:24:07 AM »

Hugh, if you haven't already done so I suggest you contact the club in respect of the failure of paid stewards to do their job. As other people have said it needs addressing before the game on Saturday.

To clarify, I remained in the vicinity until second half stoppage time to try and sort this. I spoke to several stewards and I think it is fair to say they know where I stand on this and would hope that this issue will be addressed. If there is a repeat, I will of course look out for Bill Waterson (who I know reads these pages) and tell him there is an issue and advise him to address it. If these stewards can't perform the basic functions one assumes they are there for, we should try and get some who can, no matter the cost.

I have contacted Bill and the club today to make a formal complaint.

Especially in light the criticism was removed from a fan Facebook page this morning.

I've made complaints to Lawrence Looney, whose reaction was to remove me from a WhatsApp chat related to voluntary work when a complaint was raised about stewards
very poor that the fans (customers) are being censored . It feels like the club wants to be above constructive criticism

If the club doesn’t like constructive criticism, then maybe it would like to tell us if they have any plans in the near future to construct a new popular side stand.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2023, 08:22:19 AM »

The club will write to me within 7-10 days of my complaint. Plenty of time for sweet FA to be done.

I'm most disappointed in Bill Waterson given how open his shock was about the stand was meant to be Altrinchams.

It's all my fault.

alty.fc

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2023, 08:29:59 AM »

To be blunt about it, I’m not sure that some of stewards that the the club hire for games would be up to stewarding if things got really tetchy.
I think we already know this from previous issues. But you put one toe inside the home yellow hatched area.....
Come on you red and white........

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2023, 08:53:16 AM »

It’s a poor do from the club & I think they know they have erred & before next season a proper policy needs putting in place. Assuming the current top two go up then only Oldham & maybe Rochdale/Chesterfield will need more then 956 away tickets next season. Everyone else we get the full length of the Pop Side no ifs or buts.

I agree with Hughesy though that the solution & opening up much needed wider ground improvements is the away end. A roof & ability to sell beer to away fans & I think a lot of the stresses we see with away followings goes away. It’s not the current boards fault that there’s been no substantial improvement to the spectating facilities in 25 years but on their watch with the increases crowds it’s come to a head.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2023, 10:02:45 AM »

It’s a poor do from the club & I think they know they have erred & before next season a proper policy needs putting in place. Assuming the current top two go up then only Oldham & maybe Rochdale/Chesterfield will need more then 956 away tickets next season. Everyone else we get the full length of the Pop Side no ifs or buts.

I agree with Hughesy though that the solution & opening up much needed wider ground improvements is the away end. A roof & ability to sell beer to away fans & I think a lot of the stresses we see with away followings goes away. It’s not the current boards fault that there’s been no substantial improvement to the spectating facilities in 25 years but on their watch with the increases crowds it’s come to a head.

We're a fairly forgiving fan base. Own up, hold their hands up and put a plan in place.

They put fans in danger by removing a sterile area, to make away fans more comfortable. They had a sterile area.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2023, 10:27:38 AM by HashtagAlty »
It's all my fault.

andrewflynn

« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2023, 10:58:10 AM »

The big issue for me is that home fans don't know what to expect from their own ground on any given match day. Where can, and can't we go? And why have decisions been taken? We're all adults, just tell us what decisions have been made and why. That's why the comms around this Saturday's game have been excellent so far.

But not every game is as big as this Saturday, so it feels like we could do with a standardised approach that communicates what we're doing with the away fans on a game by game basis.

It may help if the club created 'Categories' for projected away followings, with different crowd management approaches outlined to ensure spectator safety?

Cat A for your huge away followings that may require more than the away end, Cat B for standard segregated away end and Cat C for the more relaxed Tuesday night games when an Eastleigh-type bring 15.

Those categories and their respective descriptions could be described on the website and say, for example, we are hosting Eastleigh on a Tuesday night we could simply insert a reminder that 'Tomorrow night's match has been specified as a Category C away following and therefore..." into the match preview.

Fans know where they stand (literally) and arrive at Moss Lane knowing what to expect.

We're talking about an issue here that goes back years and we seem to be continually getting it wrong, when it seems quite simple to solve.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 30, 2023, 11:58:24 AM »

Spot on AF
It's all my fault.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 30, 2023, 12:19:23 PM »

AF for PM
Full time and proud of it

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 30, 2023, 12:43:14 PM »

Big issue for me is a simple statement

Not that fussed where I stand, but dont want to be guessing on what is happening when play is in Popside corner flag areas

Would normally stand on hoardings...even if rain....but with a bigger following it is packed with kids etc and due to serious dangers of standing two deep identified by TBC...have to move back onto terrace
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 30, 2023, 12:49:05 PM »

It's all my fault.

swindellsworth

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 30, 2023, 01:13:44 PM »

Much needed and emotive thread this . I applaud all the fans concerns , Hash , Hugh , Andrew and the rest really do speak up for us all and need to be listened to by the club and positive action taken . We all care about our Alty so much , it's how we are and always will be .

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 30, 2023, 01:58:40 PM »

The silence from the club is deafening. The moving of home fans needs to stop now.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 30, 2023, 02:42:28 PM »

As it stands i think the club have more immediate pressing matters before the next huge crowd after Saturday.

I wholeheartedly agree it needs addressing
Full time and proud of it

andrewflynn

« Reply #44 on: March 30, 2023, 03:27:10 PM »

For me, it's one that can wait to be reviewed in the summer. I don't foresee any big away attendances after this weekend. It needs the communication, safety and match day areas of the club all pulling in the same direction and that's not a ship you can turn in a few days.

It also highlights the need for a supporters' group through which these concerns can be formally raised, rather than us all just having a moan on here and hoping it gets acknowledged by the club. TASC fizzled out towards the end of the Rowley chairmanship and hasn't been picked up since. It's probably time this was looked at again, ideally independent from the club, but officially club-recognised and engaged with by a member(s) of the board.

I doubt there would be a list of suitors to organise such a thing, though.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 The segregation fence urgently needs fixing.