Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 The segregation fence urgently needs fixing.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: The segregation fence urgently needs fixing.  (Read 8536 times)

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: The segregation fence urgently needs fixing.
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2023, 11:25:55 AM »

if they keep leaving that useless fencing protruding along the pop side then the club should have to consider selling tickets with a restricted view at a discounted price. It looks cheap, it isn’t fit for purpose and like others say we pander to away fans a bit too much.. Most away fans know what they are getting when they visit Moss Lane, as do our fans when they travel to away games.

Strong summer needed

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2023, 11:46:00 AM »

The ground needs urgently replacing

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2023, 12:25:40 PM »

As a fan who removed from the annexed pop area i felt sullied.

I did assume that they must have brought 1000+ and needed the space, as they didn't it was a piss poor decision
Full time and proud of it

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2023, 12:42:04 PM »

I did assume that they must have brought 1000+ and needed the space, as they didn't it was a piss poor decision

The club do not care about fans who stuck by them in the Evo Stik
It's all my fault.

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2023, 02:56:50 PM »

I'm just checking. On Saturday the Halifax 900 and odd standing fans will be housed entirely on the scoreboard unroofed end. As i look from the Golf Road End i won't see any Halifax fans to the left of the scoreboard will I? Honest? The scoreboard terrace will be a sterile area and home fans who hold tickets for the pop side will terminate at the end of the covered stand before the scoreboard. I do feel I'm stating the obvious but you never know. Heaven forbid if it starts raining. Perhaps the home support could leave the stadium and allow travelling support to seek shelter? For the benefit of the Safety Officer and stewards that was said in jest. Don't consider it an option please.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2023, 02:59:57 PM »

Hope you're correct anyway!
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2023, 03:30:50 PM »

Stuck and Evo Stik. See what you did there.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2023, 03:43:31 PM »

Let's hope that there's some accountability for that capricious and short-sighted decision last evening.
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2023, 04:45:18 PM »

Stuck and Evo Stik. See what you did there.

If you saw it, I didnt 😂
It's all my fault.

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2023, 06:16:03 PM »

I'm just checking. On Saturday the Halifax 900 and odd standing fans will be housed entirely on the scoreboard unroofed end. As i look from the Golf Road End i won't see any Halifax fans to the left of the scoreboard will I? Honest? The scoreboard terrace will be a sterile area and home fans who hold tickets for the pop side will terminate at the end of the covered stand before the scoreboard. I do feel I'm stating the obvious but you never know. Heaven forbid if it starts raining. Perhaps the home support could leave the stadium and allow travelling support to seek shelter? For the benefit of the Safety Officer and stewards that was said in jest. Don't consider it an option please.

I often wonder what would have happened if we'd been playing Chester instead of Kidderminster that time it started pelting hailstones the size of golf balls!

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2023, 06:20:56 PM »

Hugh, if you haven't already done so I suggest you contact the club in respect of the failure of paid stewards to do their job. As other people have said it needs addressing before the game on Saturday.

To clarify, I remained in the vicinity until second half stoppage time to try and sort this. I spoke to several stewards and I think it is fair to say they know where I stand on this and would hope that this issue will be addressed. If there is a repeat, I will of course look out for Bill Waterson (who I know reads these pages) and tell him there is an issue and advise him to address it. If these stewards can't perform the basic functions one assumes they are there for, we should try and get some who can, no matter the cost.

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2023, 06:44:18 PM »

Shocking to hear Hugh.

Even more shocking this is still an issue.

I couldn't give a f**k how happy the away fans are in the rain. It's quieter without a roof and it's our home to make noise in. If we want to be nice give them the family stand and when it's sold out they know the situation.

Not to mention the Chequers is the best terrace in the ground for watching games.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2023, 06:55:26 PM »

Accrington are league one and havent got a roof in the away end ,  there are others , Stockport ?pop side should be the oprriority imo.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2023, 08:50:15 PM »

Hugh, if you haven't already done so I suggest you contact the club in respect of the failure of paid stewards to do their job. As other people have said it needs addressing before the game on Saturday.

To clarify, I remained in the vicinity until second half stoppage time to try and sort this. I spoke to several stewards and I think it is fair to say they know where I stand on this and would hope that this issue will be addressed. If there is a repeat, I will of course look out for Bill Waterson (who I know reads these pages) and tell him there is an issue and advise him to address it. If these stewards can't perform the basic functions one assumes they are there for, we should try and get some who can, no matter the cost.

I have contacted Bill and the club today to make a formal complaint.

Especially in light the criticism was removed from a fan Facebook page this morning.

I've made complaints to Lawrence Looney, whose reaction was to remove me from a WhatsApp chat related to voluntary work when a complaint was raised about stewards
It's all my fault.

alty.fc

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2023, 09:05:02 PM »

I have contacted Bill and the club today to make a formal complaint.

Especially in light the criticism was removed from a fan Facebook page this morning.

I've made complaints to Lawrence Looney, whose reaction was to remove me from a WhatsApp chat related to voluntary work when a complaint was raised about stewards
very poor that the fans (customers) are being censored . It feels like the club wants to be above constructive criticism
Come on you red and white........
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 The segregation fence urgently needs fixing.