Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 The segregation fence urgently needs fixing.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5

Author Topic: The segregation fence urgently needs fixing.  (Read 8542 times)

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: March 28, 2023, 10:20:28 PM »

Sorry to put a dampener on things, but the issue of the segregation fence needs addressing. To be clear, this is not an opinion. This is a statement of fact. There is a hole in the fence about head height (through which I got hit after the Notts opener) and another hole at foot height. On the pop side, about two thirds of the way towards the "Chequers" End in front of the back crush barrier (where I was pinned in by the crowd at the time of the attack, stood in my usual spot). I realise the young lads (who I don't know) were winding up the Notts supporters, but I don't see why I should become a punchbag for doing no different to what ordinary football supporters do at games.

I feel I must also point out that, not for the first time this season, stewards were not on hand when it mattered, and where any reasonable person could see they might be needed. I strongly suggest that in future they concentrate on their core responsibility of keeping people safe rather than making stuff up about season ticket holders who happen to be in the vicinity because they (the stewards) were not on hand to see what happened. It's no good reacting after the event (though better than nothing I suppose) and shows how urgently we need people who understand football and know the club.

I suggest it urgently needs sorting for the FC Halifax game, given the magnitude of the game and past events (those "sheikhs" that time for a start). Let's get on top of it before something worse happens, we should always be trying to improve.

Red Balloon

• Youth Team
    • View Profile
Re: The segregation fence urgently needs fixing.
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2023, 10:39:10 PM »

Sorry to hear off your experience this evening. With the growth of home crowds at Moss Lane, I guess that comes with a price of those in a minority who wish to spoil it for the majority.

The whole Pop Side needs pulling down ASAP, the ground is holding back the club you could strongly argue.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2023, 12:59:57 AM »

Sorry to hear Hugh.

Been said many times....The Popside is for home fans. Get fed up with not being able to use all of it and then having the view restricted by temporary fencing to the left of us whilst looking towards the Chequers corner flag

Worse still there is now more fencing to the right of the central section of the Popside which restricts the view to the Fanzone corner flag area of the pitch. No idea what this fence is for....Trafford MBC ?

« Last Edit: March 29, 2023, 01:02:11 AM by Mick »
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2023, 01:23:19 AM »

Apparently we now have a scoreboard. Since I stand on the pop side I only have other peoples' word on the subject, as it might as well be in Stamford Park for all the good it is to me.

andrewflynn

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2023, 08:29:03 AM »

Apparently we now have a scoreboard. Since I stand on the pop side I only have other peoples' word on the subject, as it might as well be in Stamford Park for all the good it is to me.

It’s in the only place it could have gone.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2023, 08:32:06 AM »

In fairness Phil, wherever you put it it will be unseen by a certain section of the ground.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2023, 08:32:52 AM »

Think this tongue in cheek comment supports / confirms the restricted view complaint, rather than being a dig at the new scoreboard
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

andrewflynn

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2023, 08:34:58 AM »

Think this tongue in cheek comment supports / confirms the restricted view complaint, rather than being a dig at the new scoreboard

Ah - whoosh! Apologies if so.

salealty

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2023, 08:47:50 AM »

Hugh, if you haven't already done so I suggest you contact the club in respect of the failure of paid stewards to do their job. As other people have said it needs addressing before the game on Saturday.

andrewflynn

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2023, 08:49:06 AM »

There must have been a mistake made somewhere because we’re planning on giving a bigger crowd less space on Saturday, so I can only assume that we’ve opened up that section for Notts County because of a big queue on the away gate, that in actuality was more than manageable within the away end itself.

I don’t profess to understand the nitty gritty of crowd control but would it not make more sense to keep that part of the ground neutral until 7:45pm, then assess the situation? The target should be to let home fans into that area of the ground once it has been confirmed that it isn’t required by visiting fans - not to shift them on to, again, roll out the red carpet for away supporters.

I watched the game from the main stand last night so I had a good vantage point to watch this all unfold. Home fans were in the final third pop side but were asked to vacate this part of the stand so that Notts County fans could move in. Huge mistake in my opinion.

Jordan Hulme suggested last Saturday’s atmosphere was flat on Radio Alty. We have the biggest game in a generation this weekend that we needed to see the lads off to. Massive own goal to stop our supporters from supporting again and we can’t put this one down to maximising revenue from a big away gate.

Very boring going over the same problem 2/3 times a season to be honest. We never learn.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2023, 08:51:35 AM »

it wasnt a mistake. It was an abuse of power of Nigel wanting to remove Altrincham fans from that section to give Notts County more space, because in his wet dreams, Altrincham fans are confined to the top 1/3rd of the pop side.

The fact the same individual as our chief safety office went and game miliseconds from trying to headbut me is another abuse of power.

We had 638 away fans. The same total crowd we used to get, that hardcore wont be tbere in 5 years during the tough spells, neither will these new fans.

Your call, Bill. Get it right.
It's all my fault.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2023, 08:57:11 AM »

The segregation fence doesn’t need fixing it needs removing, this week. The popular side looks like a scrap yard. Put away supporters in the away end. The sterile area near the scoreboard is just that a sterile
Area. We’ve no other big followings due this season. It’s time to remove all that crap (gantry aside) from that side of the ground it looks unsightly and blocks peoples lines of sight. This isn’t anyone’s fault, it’s just lack of infrastructure investment in the last few decades. A corrugated plastic Roof on the chequers end would be a temp fix to any complaints about being in the open. Maybe even as a stop gap. I would concentrate on
Getting that end of the ground sorted before anywhere else. Once it’s done there is no reason to
Give away fans any other part of the ground. A bit of reconfiguration of barriers and terracing and even some seats on the huge bit of waste land up at the back of the terrace and a corrugated plastic roof. You’ve got your 1000 terrace spaces, you’ve got your 200 seats, you’ve got your roof, now get on the away end and stay there

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2023, 09:26:46 AM »

The segregation fence doesn’t need fixing it needs removing, this week. The popular side looks like a scrap yard. Put away supporters in the away end. The sterile area near the scoreboard is just that a sterile
Area. We’ve no other big followings due this season. It’s time to remove all that crap (gantry aside) from that side of the ground it looks unsightly and blocks peoples lines of sight. This isn’t anyone’s fault, it’s just lack of infrastructure investment in the last few decades. A corrugated plastic Roof on the chequers end would be a temp fix to any complaints about being in the open. Maybe even as a stop gap. I would concentrate on
Getting that end of the ground sorted before anywhere else. Once it’s done there is no reason to
Give away fans any other part of the ground. A bit of reconfiguration of barriers and terracing and even some seats on the huge bit of waste land up at the back of the terrace and a corrugated plastic roof. You’ve got your 1000 terrace spaces, you’ve got your 200 seats, you’ve got your roof, now get on the away end and stay there

You sh*t house. It was exactly someones decision to remove Altrincham fans from a section they'd be given access to, and then give acccess to County,  removing the segregation zone.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2023, 09:28:52 AM by HashtagAlty »
It's all my fault.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2023, 09:36:41 AM »

My point is the sterile area at the scoreboard IS the segregation. Read my post again it says away supporters should NOT be in the popular side period.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2023, 09:39:18 AM by Mrs Warbouys »

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2023, 11:01:01 AM »

My point is the sterile area at the scoreboard IS the segregation. Read my post again it says away supporters should NOT be in the popular side period.

You said this isnt anyones fault?

No other club worries about away fans as much as us.

Torquay - no toilets or food.
Maidstone - no away hot food.
Wrexham - cap every club
York - messed our stand around.
It's all my fault.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team