PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Notts County Match Thread
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Notts County Match Thread  (Read 10446 times)

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
Re: Notts County Match Thread
« Reply #45 on: March 28, 2023, 10:13:56 PM »

I’m not sure it would’ve mattered too much. They were leagues above us and nearly every other side in this division..having said that there were times where we got in behind them and created chances. You just felt that even if we had scored they would’ve found a way to come back.

Not a bad night for us all in all. We matched them in the first half, I thought and then weren’t blown away in a manner that would be detrimental for Saturday.  Notts look League 1 standard and we had our moments. Swiftly moving on I’d say

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 28, 2023, 10:16:45 PM »

My only worry is if Marriot is ok

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 28, 2023, 10:17:48 PM »

My only worry is if Marriot is ok

Subbed because he was on a yellow. He is fine.

AltyNotFaulty

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 28, 2023, 10:31:27 PM »

Wrong team, waste of subs, Pringle (thanks but time up), Elliott miles off the pace in many a game but was lost wandering today, Ollys kicking was poor and to sum
The night up, it was men (plus the refs) against boys! The worst prep possible for Saturday IMO! Half the Mag 7 would walk back into this team and replace those mentioned!

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 28, 2023, 10:38:14 PM »

Think my view is more in line with Golfroader.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Seth

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 28, 2023, 10:52:57 PM »

Wrong team, waste of subs, Pringle (thanks but time up), Elliott miles off the pace in many a game but was lost wandering today, Ollys kicking was poor and to sum
The night up, it was men (plus the refs) against boys! The worst prep possible for Saturday IMO! Half the Mag 7 would walk back into this team and replace those mentioned!
Massive overreaction. We defended well against a strong team, their 2 goals were 2 dodgy decisions and things could have gone a completely different way on a different night. Yes pringle and osbourne were poor but we already knew that

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 28, 2023, 11:00:47 PM »

Think my view is more in line with Golfroader.

Ditto. Whilst the manner of the sly free kick & the tale of two pens is frustrating they were absolutely top class. The pressing, the passing, the decision making-it was like watching a Conference version of Pep’s City I thought. IMO they play much better football then Wrexham even if they will finish second. Not sure mind why fewer then 600 away fans are allowed the last third of the Pop Side when there is a perfectly adequate terrace they haven’t filled. Seems a bit of last minute panic which is not ideal.

From our side, no one injured, no one sent off & the last 30 minutes was basically a testimonial pace, absolutely fine. We worked very hard, kept our shape & discipline & had the odd moment but now we move onto the main event.

AltyNotFaulty

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 28, 2023, 11:12:24 PM »

Massive overreaction. We defended well against a strong team, their 2 goals were 2 dodgy decisions and things could have gone a completely different way on a different night. Yes pringle and osbourne were poor but we already knew that

So you would have started with this team?

Taking Marriot off after 20 mins or so and giving Pringle a rest is great use of subs?

Ollys kicking was poor!

You agreed with the rest, so please let me know where my massive overreaction is?

Seth

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 28, 2023, 11:21:16 PM »

Taking Marriot off after 20 mins or so and giving Pringle a rest is great use of subs?

Ollys kicking was poor!

You agreed with the rest, so please let me know where my massive overreaction is?
The lineup was fine. Marriott sub was needed as a precaution to stop a potential second yellow and suspension.  The overreaction was the 'worst possible prep for saturday'. As I said we defended solidly which has put my mind at ease for Saturday

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 28, 2023, 11:21:23 PM »

Ollys kicking was poor!

Marriot was taken off just before HT as he’d already been booked & to keep him on would have risked a red card & suspension for Halifax which would have been an absolute disaster. Notts have lost twice in 40 league games this season & as widely expected were a top class outfit. To describe tonight as the ‘worst possible prep for Saturday’ is one of the most ludicrous statements I have ever read on this forum. Tonight’s game & the standard of opposition has utterly no relation to Saturday.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 28, 2023, 11:28:24 PM »

Despite what some are saying, and the suggested influence of the Referee, they were the best team I've seen at Alty this season in terms of footballing.
Wrexham may have achieved better results but aesthetically Notts far superior.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 28, 2023, 11:45:31 PM »

I really hope that Notts win in Wales on Easter Monday, and Wrexham also slip up somewhere else (and not just because I've got a fiver on Notts at 7-1 😂)

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 29, 2023, 12:04:35 AM »

It would be good to see both Notts and wrecsam go up, both sides are excellent and worthy of promotion. If I had to pick I would have Notts County’s back 5. And Wrecsam’s forward line. Macauley is excellent as was Notts no 11 Neman’s but I prefer Mullin and Olly Palmer
« Last Edit: March 29, 2023, 08:26:33 AM by distancetraveller »

AltyNotFaulty

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 29, 2023, 12:05:03 AM »

Ollys kicking was poor!

Marriot was taken off just before HT as he’d already been booked & to keep him on would have risked a red card & suspension for Halifax which would have been an absolute disaster. Notts have lost twice in 40 league games this season & as widely expected were a top class outfit. To describe tonight as the ‘worst possible prep for Saturday’ is one of the most ludicrous statements I have ever read on this forum. Tonight’s game & the standard of opposition has utterly no relation to Saturday.

It’s a game of opinions… Marriott and co shouldnt even have been put into the team! We have potentially risked a majority of our top players, injured Sinclair and put players needlessly through 90 mins. We better win on Saturday and have a fully fit team or else PP will be looking back at tonight wishing he’d made different choices!

Notts were a class outfit and the best team I’ve seen for years at ML

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 29, 2023, 12:14:45 AM »

The magnificent 7 Didn’t want full time football ..Their choice… Move on.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Notts County Match Thread