PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Eastleigh match thread
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Eastleigh match thread  (Read 6658 times)

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Eastleigh match thread
« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2023, 08:29:59 PM »

Really frustrating……the constant interruptions.  I suspect that they are running an automation programme of some sort and still have not sorted out how to program it during games.
It's the signal. The music is programmed to kick in when the signal drops. Professional broadcasters use ISDN lines or 4G/5G boxes that have multiple SIMs and hunt the best signal from every available network. Most non league grounds don't have ISDN lines and the equipment to ride multiple mobile networks is far from cheap. That means we have to rely on a single 4G/5G network or the club's own WiFi - and that, inevitably, means some dropouts at some grounds.

Cheers for the update

Bath Alty

• Regular First Team
  • Technically now Lechlade Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2023, 01:00:08 AM »

Back to the game today and I thought we played pretty well. E Jones was superb going forward and defensively. We should have won but for gifting them a head start and the unbelievable decision not to award a penalty when the defender not only booked the shot with his arm but then lay on the floor holding the ball in his arms until he realised ref hadn’t given the pen so he let go of it and somehow still got away with it.

Ref was ok until last 15 minutes when he lost the plot after stoping play because their player smacked a free kick straight into his mates face, ball rebounded to us. No need to stoop play for that and then restarted play with ball at their feet. Two of the most bizarre bits of refereeing I’ve seen for a long time.

Osbourne is too slow for this league. I’d rather start linney than hugill

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2023, 01:30:24 AM »

A proper "you're the ref" situation. I suppose he had to stop the game because of a possible head injury, but I'd like to know what the laws of the game say about drop balls these days. So far as I'm concerned, it should be a proper contested drop ball unless both teams agree otherwise (and I seem to remember a certain Nwankwo Kanu scoring a goal instead of giving the ball back in a cup tie between Arsenal and Sheffield United), but I'm not sure that this happens these days.

Bath Alty

• Regular First Team
  • Technically now Lechlade Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2023, 09:07:43 AM »

Rule is drop hall at feet of team in possession when whistle went. Opposition at least 4m back I think. Even if you do over react to the hall hitting someone it’s not hard to check who has the hall when you blow the whistle

(S)ALTY

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2023, 09:26:24 AM »

Really frustrating……the constant interruptions.  I suspect that they are running an automation programme of some sort and still have not sorted out how to program it during games.
It's the signal. The music is programmed to kick in when the signal drops. Professional broadcasters use ISDN lines or 4G/5G boxes that have multiple SIMs and hunt the best signal from every available network. Most non league grounds don't have ISDN lines and the equipment to ride multiple mobile networks is far from cheap. That means we have to rely on a single 4G/5G network or the club's own WiFi - and that, inevitably, means some dropouts at some grounds.

That may well be the case, but we have always been at the mercy of the home club’s Wi-Fi. Since Radio Robins has changed to the Radio Alty platform the quality of service/ reception has declined. Yesterday was particularly frustrating and probably the worst so far.

The original platform used may not have been perfect but in my view was more reliable than the current Radio Alty platform.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 19, 2023, 11:08:15 AM »

Listened on RR, appreciate the service. Seen brief highlights on BT Sort, poor start by us, need to do better as Parky says. Got back into the game and Hulme very unlucky with the offside goal a good finish, looked a clear penalty to me. Not sure where ref was, but strange not given. I assume Hugill is playing to build him up for the semi with match practice. I would also suggest Tyrese is carrying a knock, so being used sparingly. We miss MWH and need a fb at rb. Hopefully in close season we can get another winger in and hope we can sign Tyrese up. Kosylo will hopefully be back at No10 next season and firing on all cylinders. Need another keeper to challenge Ollie.

PaulClementsLaments

• Regular First Team
  • I wish I was a spaceman...
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 19, 2023, 12:47:58 PM »

That may well be the case, but we have always been at the mercy of the home club’s Wi-Fi. Since Radio Robins has changed to the Radio Alty platform the quality of service/ reception has declined. Yesterday was particularly frustrating and probably the worst so far.

The original platform used may not have been perfect but in my view was more reliable than the current Radio Alty platform.

I'm loath to criticize as I know a lot of work goes into RR and the quality of the signal at the ground, both Wi-Fi or mobile, will always dictate the service uptime. However, using the previous MixLr service did seem more reliable - I'm not sure why that wasn't continued and Radio Alty just picked up and broadcast that. There was a cost to MixLR though. The branding of RR through Radio Alty has probably increased the audience a lot but it seems to be to the detriment of the service reliability. I hasten to add, the quality of the actual commentary and content has always been superb.

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 19, 2023, 02:20:01 PM »

I have flashscore running as well as listening to RR,and i was able to pick up that they had scored their first goal while the music was playingFour of us meet up on face book in a chat room that was set up By DA i think.so was able to post that they had scored.
Harold

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 19, 2023, 06:43:57 PM »

I don't think I'm going to get too stressed about losing by the odd goal away to a team inside the playoffs - although obviously the manner in which we go about it is always going to hold its frustrations.

I do think it's worth experimenting with a different system because we should have more of a Plan B now that we're full time and have the perfect opportunity to drill it in competitive situations.

Similar to others I think my own front two would be Sinclair and Linney, especially given they were the two in particular that were unplayable when we were in blistering form. Both can play up front and would probably suit not having to do it all themselves, especially given they'd be expected to run the channels as part of that system.

Once we have Miles Welch-Hayes back - or possibly even Ross Barrows who can play at wing back - then the first thing I'd do is move Lundstram back to the middle - although I'm sure the management are aware of that.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Eastleigh match thread