PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Moss Lane
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: Moss Lane  (Read 14597 times)

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Moss Lane
« Reply #60 on: March 16, 2023, 10:28:55 AM »

Moving away from Altrincham would be catastrophic.

Oh I agree & you see the lessons of history when Runcorn left Canal St & Northwich left their original Drill Field town centre home. There’s no doubt though that Moss Lane needs serious work doing so imagine before we commit to spending millions on the place that if there is anywhere else suitable in the town (I doubt it) then we’d at least be considering that.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 16, 2023, 10:41:38 AM »

Moving away from Altrincham would be catastrophic.

I'm another to agree  hopefully bit by bit Moss Lane can be redeveoped with the Pop Side being a priority. The Golf Road and Chequers can wait but hopefully remain standing .

Alty TV

• Regular First Team
  • Alty TV
    • View Profile
    • Alty TV
« Reply #62 on: March 16, 2023, 11:27:36 AM »

With land within the town pretty much impossible to source and house prices so high I guess the nearest we'd find for the Euromillions new stadium would be Broadheath? Always thought the Cartwright's site would have a decent footprint but now being developed. Other than that we're hemmed in by green belt. In the future the proposed and controversial Timperley Wedge development might present a site?

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 16, 2023, 11:32:12 AM »

Let's buy the allotment from Trafford MBC and flip the pitch - that'll make us popular!

Make Golf Road the 'front door' and main stand with the extra room we get, housing players / hospitality etc - would have to be a hard stop at the mast, but the fan zone could be tucked away where the stand has to finish (i.e. it wouldn't go all the way down the pitch).

The new 'Golf Road End' can be the end that's currently in the allotments, with the away fans on the 'Chequers End' which is now running down the side, thus losing competitive advantage. Again this wouldn't quite run from end to end if we have to avoid that annoying sub station - but at least the ground retains some character.

Main Stand and Family Terrace can stay as they are, albeit now behind a goal. The CSH would end up outside the pitch perimeter, but that doesn't matter.

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 16, 2023, 01:00:57 PM »

Let's buy the allotment from Trafford MBC and flip the pitch - that'll make us popular!

Make Golf Road the 'front door' and main stand with the extra room we get, housing players / hospitality etc - would have to be a hard stop at the mast, but the fan zone could be tucked away where the stand has to finish (i.e. it wouldn't go all the way down the pitch).

The new 'Golf Road End' can be the end that's currently in the allotments, with the away fans on the 'Chequers End' which is now running down the side, thus losing competitive advantage. Again this wouldn't quite run from end to end if we have to avoid that annoying sub station - but at least the ground retains some character.

Main Stand and Family Terrace can stay as they are, albeit now behind a goal. The CSH would end up outside the pitch perimeter, but that doesn't matter.
My head's spinning. I'll have to sit down and do a drawing. 😂😂😂

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 16, 2023, 01:20:25 PM »

So is the pitch, apparently

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 16, 2023, 02:25:45 PM »

If we turn the pitch, build over the allotments and put up new stands, terraces and fan zones, does that mean the remains of that dead goat will lie outside the new ground?

swindellsworth

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 16, 2023, 02:46:17 PM »

There's been nothing from the club so far to suggest anything other than a re-development of ML . I believe that to be their only option tbh. The 'new stadium' looks great doesn't it , however unless someone comes in and sprinkles gold dust it's one for the dreamers.  Agree entirely that the pop side , Golf Road and chequers all need an overhaul , new stands at the first two with the popside either part or fully seated with the Golf and Chequers staying terraced , with the latter extended near to the corner .  The main stand side is problematical isn't it with the club offices etc , CSH and the sponsers lounge . Good luck with that ! at least that side of the ground doesn't look an eyesore like the rest . More immedietely how about some more bloody toilets ffs.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 16, 2023, 02:50:20 PM »

There's been nothing from the club so far to suggest anything other than a re-development of ML . I believe that to be their only option tbh. The 'new stadium' looks great doesn't it , however unless someone comes in and sprinkles gold dust it's one for the dreamers.  Agree entirely that the pop side , Golf Road and chequers all need an overhaul , new stands at the first two with the popside either part or fully seated with the Golf and Chequers staying terraced , with the latter extended near to the corner .  The main stand side is problematical isn't it with the club offices etc , CSH and the sponsers lounge . Good luck with that ! at least that side of the ground doesn't look an eyesore like the rest . More immedietely how about some more bloody toilets ffs.

No smoke without fire...
It's all my fault.

swindellsworth

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 16, 2023, 03:59:40 PM »

No smoke without fire...
I know i keep on about this Hashtag , but for us seated fans it's no joke especially quite a number with mobility issues and there is room between the two stands for a facility

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 16, 2023, 04:07:16 PM »

No smoke without fire...
I know i keep on about this Hashtag , but for us seated fans it's no joke especially quite a number with mobility issues and there is room between the two stands for a facility

Perhaps we could install commode chairs in the main stand.

swindellsworth

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 16, 2023, 04:26:37 PM »

No smoke without fire...

Perhaps we could install commode chairs in the main stand.
Over our budget 😄

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 16, 2023, 04:38:33 PM »

No smoke without fire...

Room for toilets between the main stand and sponsors stand?

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 16, 2023, 04:41:37 PM »

away end needs covering at some point
Harold

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 16, 2023, 05:14:49 PM »

No smoke without fire...

I just meant, the fact so many are discussing a move, suggested something. Agree re. toilets. the customer experience needs reviewing.
It's all my fault.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Moss Lane