PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Moss Lane
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: Moss Lane  (Read 14611 times)

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Moss Lane
« Reply #45 on: March 14, 2023, 04:55:57 PM »

Wasn't there talk of the pitch being flipped 90 degrees at one point?

On the face of it, makes sense - would give us room to have deeper stands running down each length of the pitch, and would probably just about miss the telecommunications mast - but it would go quite far into the allotment, and obviously they're under no obligation to sell.
yes this is my plan but requires a big euromillions win.  Some concern about buying up the allotments, the new houses make this difficult.
I suspect we would have to go out of town to build from scratch, how about just off the new M56 junction, plenty of space
Bernard Taylors barmy army

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 14, 2023, 05:15:34 PM »

Would make it easier to get there for me! 😉 😂
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 14, 2023, 05:46:08 PM »

Whatever the development, let's hope it develops significantly quicker than Altair!

Funnily enough, the actual Altair site itself would be brilliant wouldn't it.

If Nikal give it up, who knows...

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 14, 2023, 07:07:26 PM »

Grove Park would be better

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 14, 2023, 08:39:01 PM »

On the face of it, makes sense - would give us room to have deeper stands running down each length of the pitch, and would probably just about miss the telecommunications mast - but it would go quite far into the allotment, and obviously they're under no obligation to sell.
yes this is my plan but requires a big euromillions win.  Some concern about buying up the allotments, the new houses make this difficult.
I suspect we would have to go out of town to build from scratch, how about just off the new M56 junction, plenty of space

But difficult to get to without  car.
Land behind the 6th form/art college off delahays Rd/Green Lane?

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 14, 2023, 09:57:51 PM »

But difficult to get to without  car.
Land behind the 6th form/art college off delahays Rd/Green Lane?
That is Grove Park

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 14, 2023, 10:26:18 PM »

That's where Alty FC Juniors play!

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 15, 2023, 06:37:43 PM »

Re. pop side seating, Moss Rose (former home of the defunct Macclesfield Town) has an end with seats at the front and terracing at the back. Also Bower Fold, Stalybridge, had a central section of seating in the side stand as I recall. I'm sure a satisfactory arrangement to incorporate standing on the pop side could be found if desired.

Wilmslow Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 15, 2023, 07:22:11 PM »

Moss Rose (former home of the defunct Macclesfield Town) has an end with seats at the front and terracing at the back.
Acton_Alty has now moved to Chiswick...Wilmslow!

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 15, 2023, 08:38:47 PM »

Re. pop side seating, Moss Rose (former home of the defunct Macclesfield Town) has an end with seats at the front and terracing at the back. Also Bower Fold, Stalybridge, had a central section of seating in the side stand as I recall. I'm sure a satisfactory arrangement to incorporate standing on the pop side could be found if desired.

Not anymore Hugh. The latest Macclesfield footballing franchise have removed all the seats out of the home end terrace so it’s all standing again.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 15, 2023, 08:47:29 PM »

Think this is a live debate for the club. To get Moss Lane up to the standard of increasingly most of the grounds in our league (not to mention the EFL) will require millions & a lot of building work. Hemmed in as we are by houses on 3 sides & an allotment on the other I can see planning permissions becoming an on-going issue so exploring if there is anywhere else feasible in the town is s sensible thing to do. You think of the sides local-ish to us be that Halifax, York, Chesterfield & the stands we get put in at their grounds & then what they get at ours. It’ll be hard but we can’t stand still with the ground.

alty.fc

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 15, 2023, 09:03:02 PM »

Perhaps the Chequers End could become the Home End. It's got a better gradient. Away fans could then have Golf Road.

How would the home fans get to the CSH and fanzone?

CSH is a problem. The fanzone has a low headcount limit anyway but would be accessible from the popside.
we could build a new fan zone. A decent one with a roof and one that fits more than 100 people .
Come on you red and white........

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 15, 2023, 10:12:32 PM »

Think this is a live debate for the club. To get Moss Lane up to the standard of increasingly most of the grounds in our league (not to mention the EFL) will require millions & a lot of building work. Hemmed in as we are by houses on 3 sides & an allotment on the other I can see planning permissions becoming an on-going issue so exploring if there is anywhere else feasible in the town is s sensible thing to do. You think of the sides local-ish to us be that Halifax, York, Chesterfield & the stands we get put in at their grounds & then what they get at ours. It’ll be hard but we can’t stand still with the ground.

Given all the links we've built with the town and community over the last few years, I fear that moving somewhere further out that you can only drive to could rip that all up. I honestly can't think of anywhere reasonably central without housing nearby that could accommodate a new stadium.

I reckon the space is there for a decent size all seated popular side nearer to the perimeter fence and with a steeper seat angle but you're talking a million or two just to build that.  Then you have the chequers end which is embarrassing for this level in my opinion.

Some very difficult decisions need to be made one way or another because as you say we can't go on with the ground remaining as it is.

andrewflynn

« Reply #58 on: March 16, 2023, 08:54:29 AM »

Moving away from Altrincham would be catastrophic.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 16, 2023, 10:25:24 AM »

Moving away from Altrincham would be catastrophic.

Fully agree
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Moss Lane