PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 contacting the club
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: contacting the club  (Read 7160 times)

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
contacting the club
« on: February 15, 2023, 11:19:51 AM »

I thought as a full time club i would be able to contact them weekdays,between 0900 and1700.This is not the case,I have rung the club 3 times this morning to try and sort out my hospitality package i have won in Januarys draw.'Please leave your name and number and we will get back to you the next working day'.I live in Devon and need to book a hotel for the weekend and also sort out travel to Alty. I am trying to arrange it for the Solihul game on the 25th.
Harold

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: contacting the club
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2023, 11:34:10 AM »

I thought as a full time club i would be able to contact them weekdays,between 0900 and1700.This is not the case,I have rung the club 3 times this morning to try and sort out my hospitality package i have won in Januarys draw.'Please leave your name and number and we will get back to you the next working day'.I live in Devon and need to book a hotel for the weekend and also sort out travel to Alty. I am trying to arrange it for the Solihul game on the 25th.
You're right, we should probably spend playing wage budget on having someone answer the phone at an empty stadium.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2023, 11:54:18 AM »

I would email the club, Paul Carter. They normally respond quite quickly.

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2023, 12:45:48 PM »

Thanks Dave
Harold

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2023, 01:41:12 PM »

You're right, we should probably spend playing wage budget on having someone answer the phone at an empty stadium.

That’s a bit disingenuous, the bloke was only asking a question ffs, it could have been someone enquiring to spend some money on tickets or whatever. I’m sure all money for players is ring-fenced

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2023, 01:44:42 PM »

Paul Carter is (nearly) always at the club but is taking a day off today.  We will get this sorted for you tomorrow Harold

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2023, 01:48:09 PM »

That’s a bit disingenuous, the bloke was only asking a question ffs, it could have been someone enquiring to spend some money on tickets or whatever. I’m sure all money for players is ring-fenced
How do we ring fence the money? By not wasting money on having a receptionist which is going to be the same salary as a squad player at this level.

My point still stands.

andrewflynn

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2023, 02:04:43 PM »

Not the first I've heard of this issue, I'm afraid.

We're a professional football club and need a reliable front of house.*

Good job it wasn't the owner of a local business calling up with spare cash to sponsor the club with.

*EDIT/to add: Voluntary or otherwise. And I know for a fact the club have been approached by a very qualified volunteer for the Office Administrator role over the summer. No one got back to them.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2023, 02:10:27 PM by Andrew Flynn »

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2023, 03:53:59 PM »

for your information Amsterdam,i have supported Alty since 1963,i used to sell programs for the club on matchdays as well.I have always given to the club,ie.laying the new pitch ,being a patron and other times they needed helping out.I even had Mal Baileys shirt from the FA trophy final and a load of old programs which i gave to the club to raise Funds.There is no way i would expect the club to use player money for someone to answer phones.My point was as a fan who lives 250 miles away i needed help to sort out when i could use my Hospitality prize.As you would know living in Holland its not just a case of turning up on match day,there is hotels to book and train travel to sort in my case.
Harold

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2023, 04:48:41 PM »

thanks for the info managementGuru and cheers Ray.
Harold

Strong summer needed

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2023, 05:29:56 PM »

Where is all the dough?

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2023, 05:32:44 PM »

Where is all the dough?

Warburtons, Bolton. 😉
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2023, 06:34:22 PM »

Some pretty shocking replies on here. We live in a world now where a number can easily be diverted to a mobile even few a few hours a day . The club can then advertise the opening hours for the ability to contact the club via this channel. I agree completely with Flynny we are supposed to be a professional club now and the small investment could actually make money . Not lose it
ParkINson's red and white army

RockyRobin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2023, 06:38:32 AM »

He wasn’t just asking a question though, it was wrapped in a dig.
Bought and Brought are two different words with completely different meanings

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2023, 07:59:07 AM »

There are people at the club office every day.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 contacting the club