PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Pringle no.10
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Pringle no.10  (Read 6887 times)

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Pringle no.10
« on: February 14, 2023, 10:30:29 PM »

No.10 is an important position in our team.

Cashman looked very disinterested tonight, albeit he was out of position for a lot of the game.

Osborne had a good game but he isn't good enough to make things happen.

We are better with two wingers on the pitch, so why not try Ben for a few games at no.10. He has never been given a proper opportunity, like others. He see's passes that other's don't and can't do.

On a seperate note, Linney looks very good. Strong and confident lad. Hulme is giving his all but I feel Linney would give us more of an attacking outlet.

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Pringle no.10
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2023, 10:23:34 AM »

I know its hard to compare the NL with the Evostik league, but last night I was thinking how much we need a James Poole type player who can hold the ball and make space for other players.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2023, 10:35:23 AM »

I know its hard to compare the NL with the Evostik league, but last night I was thinking how much we need a James Poole type player who can hold the ball and make space for other players.
Need Matty back, doubt will be till next season though. We miss Josh, and would love to see Tony back in goals..

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2023, 11:56:12 AM »

Need Matty back, doubt will be till next season though. We miss Josh, and would love to see Tony back in goals..

Josh didn't look effective at this level compared to Matty, who has been a big miss.

If the management doesn't think Ben Pringle has enough in the tank to start (which might be a fair assessment), then we should at least be seeing him on the hour mark every week.

When we're withstanding intense pressure - often during periods of second halves - I don't understand why we wouldn't use him for what he's good at - getting his foot on the ball, getting us further up the pitch, and just generally making things happen. He's former Championship-level pedigree for Christ's sake.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2023, 12:16:45 PM »

Cashman looked very disinterested tonight, albeit he was out of position for a lot of the game.

We are better with two wingers on the pitch, so why not try Ben for a few games at no.10. He has never been given a proper opportunity, like others. He see's passes that other's don't and can't do.

On a seperate note, Linney looks very good. Strong and confident lad. Hulme is giving his all but I feel Linney would give us more of an attacking outlet.

Linney not turning up on time - traffic or not - is unacceptable for a lad wanting his chance at this level.
It's all my fault.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2023, 01:05:17 PM »

Linney not turning up on time - traffic or not - is unacceptable for a lad wanting his chance at this level.
Yeah totally agree.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2023, 01:19:15 PM »

Not sure Ben can hack a full 90 Mins these days otherwise I’m sure the management would pick him from the off. He is, however, an ideal substitute to give the team the impetus to kick on, once he comes on.

Personally I think the main problem we have at the present time is the inability to not concede goals which are down to individual errors or lack of concentration as a group, most of the goals we concede just lately are down to this rather than anything else, now we no longer have the likes of CCC & Ryan etc this will hurt us even more.

PS Matty Kosylo will be a much needed boost to the side once he has fully recovered from his ACL injury.
I think he is the biggest miss we have had this season along with Isaac.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2023, 01:25:15 PM by distancetraveller »

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2023, 02:20:46 PM »

The problem with using Pringle as an impact sub is that we're usually chasing the game by the time he appears. We really should be starting him, and then withdrawing him when/if he begins to fade.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2023, 02:48:36 PM »

Never seen him impress when starting tbh
Full time and proud of it

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2023, 03:20:40 PM »

Never seen him impress when starting tbh

Agreed

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2023, 03:54:48 PM »

same here
Harold

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2023, 04:51:35 PM »

Yeah I'm not sure starting him has been the answer - but we should be seeing him more regularly off the bench given he improves us instantly every time he does.

The Halifax (A) game was a perfect case in point - I don't think I've been more infuriated with the management team than I was that day - watching us get mercilessly battered for a good solid 15 minutes or so - stand there with their hands behind the back doing bugger all about it - until they eventually score.

What the bloody hell did they think would happen?

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2023, 07:12:01 PM »

Not sure Ben can hack a full 90 Mins these days otherwise I’m sure the management would pick him from the off. He is, however, an ideal substitute to give the team the impetus to kick on, once he comes on.

Personally I think the main problem we have at the present time is the inability to not concede goals which are down to individual errors or lack of concentration as a group, most of the goals we concede just lately are down to this rather than anything else, now we no longer have the likes of CCC & Ryan etc this will hurt us even more.

PS Matty Kosylo will be a much needed boost to the side once he has fully recovered from his ACL injury.
I think he is the biggest miss we have had this season along with Isaac.

However tempting or desperate it gets, we really have to play the long game with Kosylo and get him back properly rather than chucking him back in. He’s too good to damage long term.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2023, 07:16:38 PM »

I think we were told it could be next season for Kosylo weren't we?
It's a really bad injury to come back from.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

andrewflynn

« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2023, 11:27:20 AM »

I'd just draw a line under the season with Matty and treat him like a new signing in the summer.

Pringle starting isn't the answer. Never does it when he starts. Looks a world beater against sides camped out on the edge of their box, knackered.

Was non-existent against Vauxhall Motors.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Pringle no.10