PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Bromley Match Thread
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Bromley Match Thread  (Read 14825 times)

Ukrainian Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Bromley Match Thread
« Reply #75 on: February 18, 2023, 10:24:03 AM »

I’m happy with Baines, Jones has an error in him, I would love to get Kyle Ferguson back here, for some reason I have a feeling he wouldn’t be too keen to return, hence, the reason we haven’t asked the question

I agree with the above entirely. It pains me to say that EFL2 was a step too far for James and he is on the cusp at the current level.  He was excellent at the level below.

I too would love to see Kyle back again.

Ukrainian Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 18, 2023, 11:21:47 AM »

Decent CB? Baines will be playing EFL football soon, and Jones got a move from North to League 2. He had Mullarky as well.

He needs to command that area. Not be glued to his line

Toby is in the past tense and therefore can have no bearing on our recent performances (0 points from a possible 12).

I agree with you that a keeper needs to be able to command his area but that is not his exclusivity and the outfielders recent defence of set pieces and crosses has been woefully poor.

I'm sorry but I don't see the same level of performance from James Jones that he displayed in the N.L.North where he was arguably the best CB in the League.

Lewis Baines... undoubtedly heading in an upwards trajectory as you say and I completely agree with you on this one.

Please give Ollie half a Dinanga of a chance.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 18, 2023, 08:06:06 PM »

Decent CB? Baines will be playing EFL football soon, and Jones got a move from North to League 2. He had Mullarky as well.

Toby is in the past tense and therefore can have no bearing on our recent performances (0 points from a possible 12).

I agree with you that a keeper needs to be able to command his area but that is not his exclusivity and the outfielders recent defence of set pieces and crosses has been woefully poor.

I'm sorry but I don't see the same level of performance from James Jones that he displayed in the N.L.North where he was arguably the best CB in the League.

Lewis Baines... undoubtedly heading in an upwards trajectory as you say and I completely agree with you on this one.

Byrne once again showed what he is extremely good at (Shot stopping) and extremely poor at (moving off his line)
It's all my fault.

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 18, 2023, 08:12:35 PM »

Byrne once again showed what he is extremely good at (Shot stopping) and extremely poor at (moving off his line)

I massively disagree. Today was a big step forward for Byrne. For the first time that I’ve seen, he regularly came off his line and punched or caught crosses. He wasn’t perfect but for he was trying to be the keeper we need him to be.

AltyNotFaulty

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 18, 2023, 11:39:28 PM »

I massively disagree. Today was a big step forward for Byrne. For the first time that I’ve seen, he regularly came off his line and punched or caught crosses. He wasn’t perfect but for he was trying to be the keeper we need him to be.

I agree today was an improvement and Byrne made some good saves. However, his distribution was poor on a number of occasions, but we can’t get everything right over night!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Bromley Match Thread