PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Bracknell match thread
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9

Author Topic: Bracknell match thread  (Read 18600 times)

Ukrainian Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Bracknell match thread
« Reply #105 on: February 12, 2023, 12:49:11 PM »

Am I mistaken that the ball appears to strike the bar, not only once, but twice, in the video clip on twitter?  It was a cracking shot and was really travelling when it hit the bar and came down to earth.  It is impossible to tell from the clip whether the ball was completely over the line or not from the video footage.  It all happened too quickly. The still picture is a screenshot taken from a video clip (possibly the same one on Twitter) and it shows signs of the distortion that often occurs when an attempt is made to 'freeze' the moment.  I strongly contest that the still image is completely unreliable.

Returning to the video image, I personally find this to be the more accurate evidence, and I am sure that the ball struck the underside edge of the bar and crashed to the ground before rebounding upwards again hitting the outside edge of the bar and projecting outwards for Ollie to make a comfortable catch.

As for the net rippling, I agree that there was movement of the net, but this is not to be unexpected when the woodwork is struck so heavily that the goalposts judder causing the movement of the nets that was observed.

I am not convinced it was a goal. I find it difficult to imagine the ball bending outwards from the perpendicular to hit the bar a second time if it had crossed the line. 

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 12, 2023, 12:59:55 PM »

Definitely comes off the bar twice, how I’m not sure. No official could be expected to make an assured judgement on that with the speed etc, just glad they don’t have VAR in the Southern League!
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 12, 2023, 01:57:01 PM »

Downloaded the videos, looked frame by frame, not a fake pic. Also, you need to look frame by frame so that tells you the margins.

Really odd rock to die on from ollie's dad.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 12, 2023, 02:12:04 PM »

Given the net ripple, I'd assumed (from the other end of the ground) that the ball had struck the underside of the bar, bounced back up and hit the roof of the net inside the bar - hence why I was certain it was a goal.

It appears now that it struck the bar again and bounced out - the sheer power on the strike must have moved the netting around. That said, it still bounced behind the line.

Many of us were shown an image of the ball clearly behind the line whilst the game was still in progress - it's highly unlikely the image would have been altered in that timeframe.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 12, 2023, 02:20:09 PM »

I am not convinced it was a goal. I find it difficult to imagine the ball bending outwards from the perpendicular to hit the bar a second time if it had crossed the line.

Simple science really though, hence why we see it happen (Lampard, England world cup final etc).

If the ball strikes the underside of the bar from a reasonably lateral angle (i.e. from somewhere out on the pitch), the part of the ball that hits the bar is largely the upper side - therefore it will 'roll' across the underside of the bar and be set into a backwards direction of rotation - and often quite a rapid one.

Hence why it comes back out.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 12, 2023, 03:51:51 PM »

Great win for the lads . Wembley here we come
ParkINson's red and white army

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 12, 2023, 04:48:39 PM »

any thoughts on the game as someone who went?
It's all my fault.

Wilmslow Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 12, 2023, 06:26:16 PM »

A still taken directly from the higher res version of the video below. Definitely not a fake - but absolutely no criticism of Ollie or the officials. Impossible to save and impossible for the ref to give it from the speed it all happened and the angle and distance they saw it from.

Video: https://twitter.com/mattitude_29/status/1624501438821941251?t=KsEBXMlkGSWNAuGPVk6wfg&s=19
Acton_Alty has now moved to Chiswick...Wilmslow!

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 12, 2023, 07:34:32 PM »

any thoughts on the game as someone who went?
I thought we were the better side for the first half with a reverse scenario in the second half

They were no mugs and you can see why they are doing so well

I think the game came at a good time for us with so many new faces and gives them more time to gell

See you Tuesday x
ParkINson's red and white army

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 12, 2023, 08:59:09 PM »

Jordan looked to be holding his hamstring towards the end, will be interesting to see if he's fully fit on Tuesday or whether we have to put Regan Linney straight in.

Surely these other United lads have to feature at some point too - otherwise what's the point in the loan deal?

Would be keen to see more of Maxi Oyedele.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 12, 2023, 09:12:04 PM »

I would have thought that if we plan to play two number tens, as we did against Wrexham, he'd be a good fit for partnering Cashman.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Knutty robin

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 12, 2023, 09:29:26 PM »

Not really for this post but just read Coco was a sub again yesterday only came on after 75 mins? Must be tough for the lad after being number 1 on the team sheet for us

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 12, 2023, 10:03:59 PM »

Not really for this post but just read Coco was a sub again yesterday only came on after 75 mins? Must be tough for the lad after being number 1 on the team sheet for us

Be just as tough next season when Toby's marking him twice a year in the NL.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 12, 2023, 10:57:43 PM »

By all accounts, Toby has been impressive for Rochdale. Hope we got a decent sell on fee in there!

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 13, 2023, 08:30:47 AM »

By all accounts, Toby has been impressive for Rochdale. Hope we got a decent sell on fee in there!

Imagine his agent sees Rochdale as a stepping stone - even if they do go down - to another efl club
It's all my fault.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Bracknell match thread