PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Bracknell match thread
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9

Author Topic: Bracknell match thread  (Read 18602 times)

Wilmslow Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Bracknell match thread
« Reply #90 on: February 11, 2023, 10:12:01 PM »

Genuinely perplexed about that Bracknell "goal" in the first half. I saw the net ripple and everything!
Anyone got the photo that was doing the rounds on everyone's phone in the stands?
Acton_Alty has now moved to Chiswick...Wilmslow!

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 11, 2023, 10:25:08 PM »

Just got back. Difficult bobbly pitch, spongy as hell so not really suiting our football style. Thought we started well and good goal by Sinclair. They responded, good strike of the bar, I was stood at that end and couldn't tell it crossed the line. The referee was 40 yards away and liner was midway down the line, so would never be given if did go in. Luckily Ollie picked lose ball up as there striker was going to pounce, we then go down other end and score. Good stuff.

Second half thought we were poor, they got a lucky deflection for a goal. We then had a couple of attacks and got it too 3-1 with Quintara scoring.

Pleased were in the last 8

Armando Quitima Junior, according to the team sheet, though the website has it as Quitirna, so presumably the person who did the team sheet misread the name.

Wilmslow Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 11, 2023, 10:35:43 PM »

Genuinely perplexed about that Bracknell "goal" in the first half. I saw the net ripple and everything!
Anyone got the photo that was doing the rounds on everyone's phone in the stands?

Found it!

Video here: https://twitter.com/kamaronenglish/status/1624509757061988356?t=IlagX82-6IMlCst24125Dw&s=19

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 12, 2023, 01:42:02 AM »

And that's exactly the sort of reason why we shouldn't have goal line technology.

Seriously though, they were discussing on MOTD tonight how video game referees who don't understand football are making wrong decisions. And of course sometimes the technology knackers up, as with the sub at Stevenage a few years back. Mistakes are a part of football, why not just have the referee making them?

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 12, 2023, 09:42:17 AM »

According to the NLP, our two unused subs were called Simpson and Dixon!
I suppose United could have lent us a couple more? 🙄😂
What an error-strewn periodical it is.

PS. I only buy it when we win! 😉
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 12, 2023, 10:46:31 AM »

Just got back. Difficult bobbly pitch, spongy as hell so not really suiting our football style. Thought we started well and good goal by Sinclair. They responded, good strike of the bar, I was stood at that end and couldn't tell it crossed the line. The referee was 40 yards away and liner was midway down the line, so would never be given if did go in. Luckily Ollie picked lose ball up as there striker was going to pounce, we then go down other end and score. Good stuff.

Second half thought we were poor, they got a lucky deflection for a goal. We then had a couple of attacks and got it too 3-1 with Quintara scoring.

Pleased were in the last 8

Armando Quitima Junior, according to the team sheet, though the website has it as Quitirna, so presumably the person who did the team sheet misread the name.
Apologies for getting his name wrong, I'll do better next time. Glad he scored mind you  :D

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 12, 2023, 10:49:47 AM »

Found it!

Video here: https://twitter.com/kamaronenglish/status/1624509757061988356?t=IlagX82-6IMlCst24125Dw&s=19
I'm in the red coat on far side. I wasn't sure it had crossed the line, linesman was running, so no way he'd be sure. Even from that picture, not sure 100% over line, great shot, unlucky it didnt stay in. Fine margins. We've had a few ourselves like this. Great talking point.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 12, 2023, 10:53:41 AM »

It's over the line.

Names' on the Throphy.

Anyone at home (except Gateshead)
Full time and proud of it

Wilmslow Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 12, 2023, 11:06:12 AM »

I'm in the red coat on far side. I wasn't sure it had crossed the line, linesman was running, so no way he'd be sure. Even from that picture, not sure 100% over line

I'll grant that it wasn't as easy for the referee/assistant to spot as it was for everyone behind the goal, but it was 100% in. It's touching the side netting and there's at least one square of the net between it and the goal line.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 12, 2023, 11:32:39 AM »

Sorry Ollies dad, but thats quite cringe to request.

Ollie was well beaten by a cracking effort. The photo is real. Did the ball 100% cross the line, it looked it, and the photos show that.

I'm sure moat refs would and should give that but the ref had a mare yesterday.
It's all my fault.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 12, 2023, 11:47:21 AM »

All getting a bit weird now. Pat Bracknell on the head, take the W & onto Bromley on Tuesday night.

I see the gate given as 516 too which is a bit poor given we had 150-200 there apparently but for the smaller teams you can understand a bit of a fiddle on the gate receipts for the big occasion.

onetoothsdad

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 12, 2023, 11:52:01 AM »

Ollie was well beaten by a cracking effort. The photo is real. Did the ball 100% cross the line, it looked it, and the photos show that.

The referee would only award a goal if he was absolutely certain that the whole of the ball crossed the whole of the line. Watching the short video clip on Twitter l don't see how any ref would give a goal in that situation.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 12, 2023, 12:08:32 PM »

Seen the video and no way could it have been given. Seen the photo and it defo crossed the line so we got away with one.

As for the 'fake' picture, no words
Full time and proud of it

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 12, 2023, 12:09:38 PM »

Indeed, of all the mistakes made or goals that have gone past Ollie Byrne this season that one was absolutely unstoppable and most keepers wouldn’t have stood a chance.

What’s the problem?

andrewflynn

« Reply #104 on: February 12, 2023, 12:46:54 PM »

Trying to do his lad a favour and it’s actually having the complete reverse effect. Utter nonsense and quite sad. It was unstoppable, nothing Ollie could do.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Bracknell match thread