Marcus
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Marcus  (Read 6589 times)

Hugo

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
Re: Marcus
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2023, 01:44:52 PM »

Good move for both parties. We didn’t see the best of him for whatever reason. I think there’s a NL player in there, I hope it goes well for him at the heed.

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2023, 01:55:03 PM »

One of the most frustrating players we've had in seasons. Wish him loads of luck except at our expense.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2023, 02:51:32 PM »

One of the most frustrating players we've had in seasons. Wish him loads of luck except at our expense.

Is he
It's all my fault.

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2023, 03:54:39 PM »

I sincerely wish Marcus all the best - never gave less than 100% and there's clearly a decent player in there.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2023, 04:02:36 PM »

I didn't realise Danny Elliott had been recalled from Gateshead by Boreham Wood - good luck if they think Marcus is going to replace him.

Elliott linked with a move to York City - he's proven at this level, maybe York have more resources than us (you'd probably think so) as he'd be great here.

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2023, 04:28:23 PM »

Yep, Danny Elliott would have been a good shout, but I really believe we have done much much better with Regan.

I actually thought we'd go for Connor Hall at Chorley.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2023, 10:30:18 PM »

Taking personal feelings out of it 10 goals in 33 isn't that bad a ratio is it?

Firstly, it's ten from nearer fifty if you count sub appearances.
Secondly, how many were tap ins?
Thirdly, how many glaring misses has he had?
Fourthly, chances to goals scored ratio probably 6 or 7 to 1 when it needs to be, at the outside, 3 or 4 to 1.

As has been said elsewhere, not NL quality sadly however nice a lad and however hard he tried.

Couldn’t care less how many were tap ins!!

It’s not quite worked out but whether it’s a lockdown/bcd thing or not I don’t know but Marcus Dinanga is comfortably better than at least half a dozen of the strikers who preceded him in the season before.

To talk of him as on a par with the all time great Alty duffers is really odd to be honest?

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2023, 10:42:00 PM »

He's not on a par with some of the duffers but he's just not good enough, full stop.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2023, 09:08:37 AM »

My abiding memory of him will him be blazing over the bar at vauxhall with just the keeper to beat

A very astute piece of business.
ParkINson's red and white army

chesteralty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2023, 01:27:04 PM »

Fourthly, chances to goals scored ratio probably 6 or 7 to 1 when it needs to be, at the outside, 3 or 4 to 1.

As has been said elsewhere, not NL quality sadly however nice a lad and however hard he tried.

It’s not quite worked out but whether it’s a lockdown/bcd thing or not I don’t know but Marcus Dinanga is comfortably better than at least half a dozen of the strikers who preceded him in the season before.

To talk of him as on a par with the all time great Alty duffers is really odd to be honest?
Not odd at all. He couldn't do the basic things required by a footballer. Never tackled anyone, never beat anyone, never won a header (it's debatable if he ever actually jumped for one), and couldn't hit a barn door.
He's right up.there with the worst.

Freddie

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2023, 02:33:49 PM »

My abiding memory of him will him be blazing over the bar at vauxhall with just the keeper to beat

A very astute piece of business.
Same... after seeing that I could no longer defend him or keep thinking that he'd turn it round at some point.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2023, 08:13:09 PM »

I hope that the board have insisted that Dinanga's transfer deal to Gateshead includes a sell-on clause.....
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2023, 08:16:18 PM »

I hope that the board have insisted that Dinanga's transfer deal to Gateshead includes a sell-on clause.....

My Facetiousnessometer has just blown up!
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2023, 10:25:38 PM »

Not odd at all. He couldn't do the basic things required by a footballer. Never tackled anyone, never beat anyone, never won a header (it's debatable if he ever actually jumped for one), and couldn't hit a barn door.
As said before on my earlier posts......not good enough at NL level but a decent NLN or NLS player.....far from being up there with some of the recent hopeless number nines we have had.
You never know, he may click at Gateshead and do a job for them
« Last Edit: February 05, 2023, 10:31:14 PM by Mick »
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2023, 10:33:36 PM »

As said before on my earlier posts......not good enough at NL level but a decent NLN or NLS player.....far from being up there with some of the recent hopeless number nines we have had.
You never know, he may click at Gateshead and do a job for them
completely agree with this . He will (when he has just a couple more seconds to think and a bit more space) be much more succesful. At this level for us he sadly had very little composure.
ParkINson's red and white army
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Marcus