PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Wrexham Match Thread
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7

Author Topic: Wrexham Match Thread  (Read 14115 times)

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Wrexham Match Thread
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2023, 09:21:47 PM »

oh lay oh lay oh lay oh layyyyy Alty Alty!!!!

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2023, 09:34:19 PM »

I’ll settle for a Chesterfield type performance, backs against the walls and defend like trojans.

I’d also enjoy an Alty win just to shut some moaners up on here! The amount of desperate, worried people that feel we are going to implode and grow two left feet… Probably the same people that couldn’t stop moaning after a few matches.

Like many have said before me… stop moaning, get behind your team and make some noise!

As a great man one said, get your talking done early.

Ill be stood singing (one of the few that still do) for. 90 minutes, because id rather be wrong and win. However, this season,  has felt bleak during the first 10, and bleak during the middle 15 when we won most weaks.
It's all my fault.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2023, 09:36:25 PM »

Feels a bit like the circus is coming to town for me on Saturday. Live TV coverage, on course to be 5000 in & all this after a very interesting week at the club with the outgoings & the tie up with United & these promising kids coming in. All happening at Moss Lane these days. It’s a far cry from Parky’s first year in charge in the NPL.

Doubtless be a tough night but Maidstone were minutes away from taking a point off these the other week so why not. Wouldn’t want to predict the attacking part of our line up but it’s not like the back 5 & midfield two will change so it just depends on if the various newbies can hit the ground running.

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2023, 10:07:13 PM »

I’ll settle for a Chesterfield type performance, backs against the walls and defend like trojans.

I’d also enjoy an Alty win just to shut some moaners up on here! The amount of desperate, worried people that feel we are going to implode and grow two left feet… Probably the same people that couldn’t stop moaning after a few matches.

Like many have said before me… stop moaning, get behind your team and make some noise!

"Bloody Rubbish Alty"! Plus ca change...

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2023, 10:12:14 PM »

As a great man one said, get your talking done early.

Ill be stood singing (one of the few that still do) for. 90 minutes, because id rather be wrong and win. However, this season,  has felt bleak during the first 10, and bleak during the middle 15 when we won most weaks.

I'll even give up going on the pop side when we're shooting towards the Chequers End to join you if you're really up for singing for 90 minutes! I wouldn't be able to get very far along the pop side anyway.

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2023, 10:17:33 PM »

Interesting on Wrexham AFC News.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJj_Tvi_cTg

Who calls Sheffield United "Sheffield" (apart from me)? And then there's Al-trin-cham! Anyway, looks to be a first team player they signed from Charlton, as I suspected. A different planet really, and if we do much better than "0-6", we're not doing so bad, considering. But don't worry, it'll be an "exciting match"!
« Last Edit: February 01, 2023, 10:22:16 PM by Hugh »

swindellsworth

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2023, 04:59:19 AM »

According to the club site re Saturday , Wrexham have sold out their allocation of 1,656 tickets which includes entry to some of the family stand , all of the chequers end  AND 60% OF THE POPULAR SIDE !  That's effectively almost half the ground , so with the club stating they expect a crowd in excess of the Guiseley game ( 4,600 plus) , their fans can move about at their leisure whilst we are packed in like sardines .  What the hell ???

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2023, 06:46:59 AM »

According to the club site re Saturday , Wrexham have sold out their allocation of 1,656 tickets which includes entry to some of the family stand , all of the chequers end  AND 60% OF THE POPULAR SIDE !  That's effectively almost half the ground , so with the club stating they expect a crowd in excess of the Guiseley game ( 4,600 plus) , their fans can move about at their leisure whilst we are packed in like sardines .  What the hell ???

It's nowhere near half the capacity, a big chunk of the chequers end doesn't even have terracing and they are getting a slither of one entire side where they'd have to sit anyway. Hardly moving about at their leisure...

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2023, 06:49:18 AM »

This particular point was done to death on the fans Facebook group yesterday. They have the same number of tickets as Oldham or Stockport did but the council are insisting on a large sterile area between fans which means more of the Pop Side has to be left empty between the two sets of fans. End of the day we still all have the luxury of a roof, two bars to choose from & some of the Pop Side, the GRE, the standing in front of the CSH and the Main Stand. I think we can all manage for one game. It’ll be back to 1300 for Bromley at home on a Tuesday night in two weeks.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2023, 07:20:32 AM »

Are you on Nights mate or just suffering from insomnia? 😄😄
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Strong summer needed

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2023, 08:58:11 AM »

2-0 Alty

I stream therefore I am

swindellsworth

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2023, 09:41:34 AM »

Are you on Nights mate or just suffering from insomnia? 😄😄
It's all sleep deprivation  mate , worrying about Saturdays scoreline  🥺🥱😂

swindellsworth

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2023, 09:45:46 AM »

This particular point was done to death on the fans Facebook group yesterday. They have the same number of tickets as Oldham or Stockport did but the council are insisting on a large sterile area between fans which means more of the Pop Side has to be left empty between the two sets of fans. End of the day we still all have the luxury of a roof, two bars to choose from & some of the Pop Side, the GRE, the standing in front of the CSH and the Main Stand. I think we can all manage for one game. It’ll be back to 1300 for Bromley at home on a Tuesday night in two weeks.
Cheers for that SLA  , need to face up to Facebook facts 👍

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2023, 05:02:20 PM »

1-1 attendance 4966

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2023, 05:16:12 PM »