Toby
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Toby  (Read 7761 times)

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Toby
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2023, 09:33:37 PM »

The way things are going Rochdale won’t be the only club getting relegated. It’s beyond a fkn joke the way players are leaving.

PP will be the next to jump ship ??

chesteralty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2023, 09:44:51 PM »

From hope to despair in a month. Always hoped at least Toby would stay. Can't think of many players I feel any kind of affinity with at all now.

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2023, 09:59:23 PM »

That's the club we are at present. PP has given Colclough and Mullarkey a chance to shine and they have. I feel both have undersold themselves in terms of who they joined.
Another rebuilding job in the summer.

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2023, 10:05:13 PM »

how about the rebuilding job they have to do now with three months of the season left?

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2023, 10:48:18 PM »

That's the club we are at present. PP has given Colclough and Mullarkey a chance to shine and they have. I feel both have undersold themselves in terms of who they joined.

I agree with Toby.....not a great move.

In terms of Ryan, Chesterfield are on a par with Notts and Wrexham and appear to be heading in the right direction. Can see any of them being promoted quickly to L1 once the difficult escape from NL has been achieved. Not sure about managers at County or Wrexham, but Paul Cook highly rated. I think Ryan has done better, but maybe could have gone into the FL.....but that assumes L1 clubs firstly met the trigger of his release and also his wage expectations.....presumably none did...or none an hours drive from Stoke
« Last Edit: January 31, 2023, 10:51:48 PM by Mick »
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Seth

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2023, 10:55:15 PM »

Who do we support if it's not the players? Who do we get behind? Very hard to support a revolving door

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2023, 11:13:29 PM »

Baines, Barrows, Byrne, Cooper, Dinanga, Gould, Hulme, Edward Jones, James Jones, Egli Kaja, Kosylo, Lundstram, Marriott, Osborne, Pringle, Goodson, and some of the youth lads.

Yes, we lost 2 (two)  contracted players. We have also signed five (?) loan players, one or two of whom, if past history is anything to go by, could end up signing permanently at some point, and should be  enough to keep us up, which many of us would have settled for a few months back. Tonight at least, when we stand on the cusp of another Cheshire Senior cup final, I insist on taking the positives. Next season will be better, and so far at least (13th in NL, CSC s/f, FAT last 16), this season aint half bad. Let's see what happens next, and what would I give for a repeat of the spirited performance we gave in front of the cameras at home to Solihull Moors in difficult circumstances last season? Obviously I'd have liked some of these players to stay, but there's no changing it now. Let's get behind our lads on Saturday, and the manager who has taken us this far.

Bath Alty

• Regular First Team
  • Technically now Lechlade Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2023, 11:23:11 PM »

I appreciate its only two contracted players but it’s two of the biggest characters. There’s not a lot of longevity in the squad after the summer changes, which were inevitable but it makes these losses have a bigger impact on fan engagement. Who of that list of players would count as a fans favourite?  Who R ya shouldn’t be a chant we sing to our own players!

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2023, 11:52:22 PM »

If they weren't favourites, they wouldn't attract interest. Smith and James Jones have gone to league clubs, plus Mooney and Johnstone to non-league clubs who could offer them a good deal. We survived losing these and we are well placed to survive this. To borrow a phrase (and I understand some may think this is a great time to do otherwise), don't panic!

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2023, 01:23:01 AM »

Rochdale Football Club are delighted to announce the signing of Toby Mullarkey from Altrincham for an undisclosed fee.

The defender joins from the National League side on a one-and-a-half-year deal, with a one-year option in the club’s favour.

Mullarkey, who was vice captain for The Robins, is excited to get going.

“I’m delighted to get it over the line,” he commented.

“I’m buzzing to be here and can’t wait to get started.

“There was a bit of interest a few weeks ago. Jim contacted my agent and it’s managed to materialise.

“I’m buzzing to be part of the squad and can’t wait to get stuck in.”

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2023/january/tobymullarkeyjoinsdale/

No doubt his 'injury' will have cleared up by the weekend...
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2023, 01:33:27 AM »

Does this move constitute a rare instance of a rat joining a sinking ship?!

Rochdale? I mean, Rochdale?! He needs to employ a better agent.

My acrimony is admittedly magnified by my long-standing loathing for that club but the manner of his departure has undoubtedly left a sour taste.

Consequently, I hope that his time at Spotland is downright miserable and he duly proceeds to score an own goal which condemns them to relegation.

Yours, in bitterness.
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2023, 07:45:43 AM »

I always got the impression Toby was a bit of a home bird and wanted something in the north west.

Surely if he wanted a move, his agent could have got him back to Crewe - or Salford or Stockport, or any of the Big Three in this league? Just like with Ryan, I would have understood if he'd ended up going to Chesterfield. They're many times bigger than Rochdale.

Given that Rochdale aren't exactly flush with cash either, I can't imagine the fee is too substantial.

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2023, 08:46:23 AM »

Maybe Toby looked around him and decided he never knew who his team mates were going to be from one week to the next and didn't want to be at a club that gave the distinct impression it was making it up as it went along.

Strong summer needed

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2023, 09:48:07 AM »

sh*thouse

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2023, 10:23:01 AM »

Maybe Toby looked around him and decided he never knew who his team mates were going to be from one week to the next and didn't want to be at a club that gave the distinct impression it was making it up as it went along.

Seems very likely. No incentive for Toby to stay
It's all my fault.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Toby