PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Seated away ends
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Seated away ends  (Read 5193 times)

Jezza

Re: Seated away ends
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2007, 10:30:24 AM »

I think ideas4alty has a point.....who wants to be nice to FGR?

I'm not sure wether you can treat away fans from different clubs differently though so we'd best ask Colin if it's in  the rules.

Sitting down away fans will reduce the atmosphere from them as well.

I would suggest a open temporary stand to go at the side of the 20/20 end and covering the terrace.

When tinpot small time clubs who fleece our 200 away fans come stick them in the temp stand or in the family stand  at £2 extra with us getting the 20/20 terrace.

Proper clubs can have the whole 20/20 end..terrace and stand for usual price.

Get the council to pay for it.

ChrisVessey CUFC

« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2007, 04:25:05 PM »

Just to correct the original poster, we charge standing prices for sitting you in the South Stand.

As it happens, the Altrincham home game could become one of the South Stand Initiative games - and if so you'll be put in the Habbin South terracing. For those who have visited the Abbey before, its the terracing to the left as you sit in the SS.

UkrainianPhil

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2007, 05:26:01 PM »

Problem with the Cambridge stand, although it's nice and smart etc, is that it's miles away from the pitch so you feel like you are watching people watching football.

By the way Chris, did you get my e-mail?

;D

ChrisVessey CUFC

« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2007, 05:28:38 PM »

I did Phil, thanks. I'll be in touch next week with a set of tricky questions for you!  :P

The reason it's so far away is because we were going to move the pitch towards that stand when we redeveloped the NRE terrace to a similar seated effort. Obviously with our financial probs it was shelved for about 15 years.

UkrainianPhil

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2007, 05:37:04 PM »

I did Phil, thanks. I'll be in touch next week with a set of tricky questions for you!  :P

The reason it's so far away is because we were going to move the pitch towards that stand when we redeveloped the NRE terrace to a similar seated effort. Obviously with our financial probs it was shelved for about 15 years.

Oh right, I didn't know that. Still, it is a smart stand and I have no complaints apart from the bizarre policy of stopping people sitting on the back row - why did they build it if you can't sit in the seats?

I've only been to one friendly so far and know next to nothing about our new players so my answers to your questions will be a load of crap - even more than usual!    ::)

ChrisVessey CUFC

« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2007, 06:20:23 PM »

Haha not sure why they won't let you sit on the back row - probably stewards wanting their authority fix.

Do you know the guy in charge of the Red n Blue message board by any chance? I posted a question about logging in as its causing all manner of problems. He's a real touchy one if you dare criticise his board, no matter how politely!

UkrainianPhil

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2007, 07:27:21 PM »

Haha not sure why they won't let you sit on the back row - probably stewards wanting their authority fix.

Do you know the guy in charge of the Red n Blue message board by any chance? I posted a question about logging in as its causing all manner of problems. He's a real touchy one if you dare criticise his board, no matter how politely!

The forum has two "owners" - one is in Australia and hasn't been heard from for quite some time, the other one also keeps a low profile for whatever reason. The moderators are thus in charge and if I was to make a list of them I couldn't. There seems to be loads of them when you look at the user list but only a couple who do anything.

I would help you if I could but there's nothing I can do. Sorry.

ChrisVessey CUFC

« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2007, 07:35:25 PM »

No worries. I just wanted to have a nosey as to what your fans were thinking about the first game.

UkrainianPhil

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2007, 08:00:07 PM »

No worries. I just wanted to have a nosey as to what your fans were thinking about the first game.

Absolutely nothing about it yet.

More stuff about the friendlies, fixture changes, Setanta, new players etc.

Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Seated away ends