PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Seated away ends
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Seated away ends  (Read 5192 times)

Ideas 4 Alty

Seated away ends
« on: July 27, 2007, 10:24:41 AM »

There seems to be an increasing tendancy for BSP clubs to make away fans sit down and therefore charge them an extra couple of quid to get in. Stevenage, Cambridge and Rushden do it, FGR will do it from next season and Oxford also do it by virtue of having an all-seater stadium. I'm sure others will follow and I think it's about time we considered doing the same. I realise that the development of the ground in this way would cost a lot of money and it can't be done overnight. However, when Forest Green bring 15-20 diehards to their game at Moss Lane next season could we not look at putting them all in the seated area in front of the sponsors lounge or something and charging them full whack? I'm sure that for one game alternative arrangements could be made for the people who normally sit there?

We need to think seriously about doing this.

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Seated away ends
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2007, 11:43:31 AM »

Don’t like the idea at all, the chequers end is a quality terrace for away fans, if we are copying other clubs by raising the admission price for away fans then so be it, doesnt mean we have to spend money on seats.

Ideas 4 Alty

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2007, 11:59:51 AM »

Don’t like the idea at all, the chequers end is a quality terrace for away fans, if we are copying other clubs by raising the admission price for away fans then so be it, doesnt mean we have to spend money on seats.

Unfortunately, they can only charge increased prices for away fans on the premise that they are charging the standard price for seating. If standing room is available they must be charged the same price as home fans.

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2007, 12:21:12 PM »

We always moan when other clubs do it to us.

IMO we should forego the extra cash and keep our integrity by treating away fans fairly offering them a choice of sitting or standing.
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

samba

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2007, 01:31:44 PM »

Completely agree.  I hate the fact other clubs would force seating upon us (except in all seater stadiums, where it's to be expected) and I'd hate to do it to any other club.

louise1925

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2007, 01:34:44 PM »

I have a feeling that more and more teams will follow FGRs example, so Ideas 4 Alty does have a point.

Ideas 4 Alty

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2007, 02:01:20 PM »

It's all very well being kind and accommodating but nobody else seems to be showing us the same level of courtesy. More will follow and we should do the same - we're not running a charity here.

Jenga

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2007, 02:43:08 PM »

How much would a stand cost with a roof?

How much would the installation of the seats cost?

How many away supporters do we get on average per game?

How many years will it take us a £2 per away fan to claw our money back?

How money do we have in the bank?

A none starter for me - sorry, nice idea but lets perhaps build some nice toilets for the home supporters first  ;D

Unemployed Coalminer

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2007, 03:20:31 PM »

In my mind the 20/20 end gives the best viewing in the ground and should be available to home fans. Far too much space is given over to away fans for the majority of games. Maybe a leaf should be taken out of Accrington's book and stick them in one corner. How this could be worked out I have no idea.

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2007, 03:43:06 PM »

lets put a roof on it and have a no mans land in the middle, top atmosphere!

alty.fc

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2007, 04:50:06 PM »

We always moan when other clubs do it to us.

IMO we should forego the extra cash and keep our integrity by treating away fans fairly offering them a choice of sitting or standing.

I agree 100% with this post
Come on you red and white........

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2007, 05:58:32 PM »

It's all very well being kind and accommodating but nobody else seems to be showing us the same level of courtesy. More will follow and we should do the same - we're not running a charity here.

The majority of clubs still offer a choice for the away fan, if we are able to do the same we should.

Just because a few clubs rip away fans off that doesn't mean we have to follow.
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

Jenga

« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2007, 06:06:36 PM »

Comments made above about the 20/20 end should be the home end - I totally agree with this IF it had a roof on it and we didnt have to walk ALL the way around the ground to the bar.

Maybe we could build a subway from the 20/20 end into the bar?

UkrainianPhil

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2007, 08:28:35 PM »

Don't change your away end, it's a good traditional terrace which has a good atmosphere when there are a decent number of away fans.

What you need to do is what we need to do, and that is upgrade some of the facilities - our toilets are terrible and need sorting out and we need to drop the prices of our catering, you need to sort out your pie facilities so you don't have to spend 20 minutes queuing. At least you can still see the game I suppose. Another complaint is your crush barriers, when the away end is busy it can sometimes be hard to find your way down to the front to get out!!!

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2007, 07:28:59 AM »

I think anything other than a terrace at Chequers would be a white elephant.  Phil is right.  It just needs better facilities by it.  We need better toilets and catering across the whole ground in general (which i know is happening)

As for making away fans sit at our place when we have a large terrace, it would be more trouble than its worth.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Seated away ends