PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 How many will Wrexham bring?
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: How many will Wrexham bring?  (Read 6592 times)

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: January 28, 2023, 09:13:10 PM »

I assume that table-topping Wrexham could easily bring over 2,000 for their closest NL match of the season next Saturday. If they do, will we give them the whole of the popular side? Or will we put a limit on away support or just make the whole match all-ticket? Will we give Wrexham extra seats (and I think of the Oldham match where there was apparently some Oldham in the main stand)? And how many (and who) will we bring for that matter? I assume that our capacity is still 5,000 so it should be enough but things may have to be different from normal. I certainly wouldn't be surprised by a first (regular) league crowd of over 4,000 since the 1991 Barnet game (allegedly).

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: How many will Wrexham bring?
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2023, 10:41:03 PM »

I wouldn't be surprised if they get the Family Stand as their seating area.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2023, 07:41:19 AM »

I think officially they’ve been given 1600. Chequers End, half the Pop Side & at least some (if not all) of the Family Stand. I’ve no doubt the odd one or two with a more local address to us might get in our end too. I’ve heard we are on for 4K plus which would be an incredible attendance for us.

Freddie

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2023, 09:15:16 AM »

Did we ever give Stockport this many? These numbers sound a little high.

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2023, 03:53:40 PM »

We gave Wrexham this many when they played here on a bank holiday a few years back! Personally I would be happy to give them the whole popular side if it meant a bigger crowd, but I suppose there may be problems with that.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2023, 04:13:26 PM »

We gave Wrexham this many when they played here on a bank holiday a few years back! Personally I would be happy to give them the whole popular side if it meant a bigger crowd, but I suppose there may be problems with that.

Why the f**k would you do that.

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2023, 05:34:49 PM »

What the flipping heck is going on!!

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2023, 06:39:32 PM »

A draw for Wrexam today was the ideal scenario. I suspect they will still easily beat us next Saturday

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2023, 11:21:35 AM »

I think officially they’ve been given 1600. Chequers End, half the Pop Side & at least some (if not all) of the Family Stand. I’ve no doubt the odd one or two with a more local address to us might get in our end too. I’ve heard we are on for 4K plus which would be an incredible attendance for us.

Appalling. I'm tempted to swerve the game.
It's all my fault.

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2023, 11:43:33 AM »

Why? We’re going to most likely lose heavily anyway. We may as well try and make as much money from the fixture as possible to help fund the squad as we go on. We should be looking to pack in as many as we are (safely) able to.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2023, 12:08:23 PM »

Why? We’re going to most likely lose heavily anyway. We may as well try and make as much money from the fixture as possible to help fund the squad as we go on. We should be looking to pack in as many as we are (safely) able to.

Agreed, a touch of realism required here - our season doesn't ride on the on-pitch result, but the money we can bring in through the gate on the evening could possibly make a difference.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2023, 12:41:03 PM »

Agreed, a touch of realism required here - our season doesn't ride on the on-pitch result, but the money we can bring in through the gate on the evening could possibly make a difference.

Okay, lets piss off anyone who stands under the gantry, and any one who stands under the flaggers stand to accomodate the once* a season fans.

Sure theyll be delighted to be moved, without comms.

We're making 2nd class fans for another side on national TV
It's all my fault.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2023, 01:14:04 PM »

Okay, lets piss off anyone who stands under the gantry, and any one who stands under the flaggers stand to accomodate the once* a season fans.

Sure theyll be delighted to be moved, without comms.

We're making 2nd class fans for another side on national TV

Totally agree with Jack.
 Fans are the Bedrock of any sports club, why should home fans be squeezed out just so the away fans can outnumber the home fans. The next time Altrincham FC launch a crowd funding scheme I will guarantee no Wrexham fans will be sending any donations.
I realise the income is important but surrendering home support standing room will not generate enough extra   money to make a big enough difference.

Maybe we should employ a Welsh speaking ground announcer to make the Wrexham hoards really feel at home..

As others have said this game won’t be an easy watch anyway, let’s not make it even easier for them..

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2023, 03:03:28 PM »

It sounds a little like a game we have completely forfeit.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2023, 04:06:42 PM »

They are getting what  every big following gets? 1600. A block of the family stand, bottom third of the pop side and the chequers that’s why the fencing is where it is. Exactly the same as Oldham. It’s hardly going to be like people can change ends with 4000 in anyway
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team