PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Borehamwood Match Thread
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7

Author Topic: Borehamwood Match Thread  (Read 11180 times)

chesteralty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Borehamwood Match Thread
« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2023, 03:54:16 PM »

He could well be the worst Alty player I've ever seen and I've seen some bad ones in my time.

This is clearly absolute nonsense.
I'd be interested if you could tell me the players I've seen here that have been worse.

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2023, 03:58:56 PM »

In fairness, pretty much the entire team when we were relegated to the Evostik - they were beyond dire.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2023, 04:04:16 PM »

Just remembered... Chris Waring. 1990s (97?)
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2023, 04:17:43 PM »

Too many to remember but some names which come to mind are:

Chris Young
Dave Swannick
Gus Wareing
Dave Martindale
Wayne Baker
Come on Alty!

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2023, 04:46:14 PM »

I agree re. Dinanga but the fact is (and it is a fact) he has scored more goals than Jordan.

If only he scored more often than once in every 5 or 6 genuine opportunities he's presented with. He's a total waste of space at this level.

It's 1 in 3.

Which in fairness is better than a lot of others.

One Foot In The Grave was referring to his goals per chances ratio rather than his goals per game ratio.

For the record, Dinanga's statistics are: 32 (+12 as sub) appearances and 10 goals.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2023, 04:50:37 PM by TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe »
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

andrewflynn

« Reply #35 on: January 27, 2023, 04:56:32 PM »

He could well be the worst Alty player I've ever seen and I've seen some bad ones in my time.

I'd be interested if you could tell me the players I've seen here that have been worse.

I’ll save MarpleAlty a job.

I’m that confident, I’ll even limit it to strikers who’ve played for us since we got promoted.

Fisayo Adarabioyo
Jacob Blyth
Byron Harrison
Jamie McDonald
Joe Piggott
Kole Hall
Max Clayton
Nyall Bell

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 27, 2023, 04:58:31 PM »

I’m that confident, I’ll even limit it to strikers who’ve played for us since we got promoted.

Fisayo Adarabioyo
Jacob Blyth
Byron Harrison
Jamie McDonald
Joe Piggott
Kole Hall
Max Clayton
Nyall Bell

It's self torture at this stage!

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 27, 2023, 05:02:07 PM »

There is certainly no hatred....he trys his best in my opinion and that 'best' proves not to be good enough at our level during 4 matches out of five.
It is not his fault he is selected. The club has failed miserably again to recruit a Conference  National level number 9. He and Hulme are our best sub-standard options at the moment.

An entirely accurate synopsis, in my view, particularly that highlighted sentence.

The litany of misfiring signings in that department has been immensely dispiriting.

We've undoubtedly had worse 'strikers' than Dinanga but I seriously hope that we will be able to upgrade on him during the summer or else we could all be having the same discussion again this time next year.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

andrewflynn

« Reply #38 on: January 27, 2023, 05:16:45 PM »

There is certainly no hatred....he trys his best in my opinion and that 'best' proves not to be good enough at our level during 4 matches out of five.
It is not his fault he is selected. The club has failed miserably again to recruit a Conference  National level number 9. He and Hulme are our best sub-standard options at the moment.

An entirely accurate synopsis, in my view, particularly that highlighted sentence.

The litany of misfiring signings in that department has been immensely dispiriting.

We've undoubtedly had worse 'strikers' than Dinanga but I seriously hope that we will be able to upgrade on him during the summer or else we could all be having the same discussion again this time next year.

All fair, but none of that is the lad’s fault and I won’t stand for people coming on here (and on the terraces) making out like he’s a lazy non-trier who can’t be arsed. It stinks to be honest, and the way he is screamed at for the slightest mistake is unlike any treatment I’ve heard a player of ours receive.

It’s hardly the best environment for a confidence player to feel the support and we need to do better regardless of whether we think he’s good enough or not. We seemed to have no problem affording that respect to Tom Peers.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 27, 2023, 05:18:58 PM »

Hes probably our 2nd best striker we've had since we were promoted. I appreciate we've had some right sh*te
Full time and proud of it

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 27, 2023, 05:28:25 PM »

Peers didn't seem to get the number of starts Dinanga has had.
Apart from that, imho he was twice the player.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

chesteralty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 27, 2023, 05:48:41 PM »

How many of those players were given the number of starts Dinanga  has had I wonder

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 27, 2023, 06:12:22 PM »

Very few but that's a symptom of how few alternatives are available in our financial range unfortunately.
With a decent scorer in that position we'd be quite a few points better off but I guess most clubs are in the same position.

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 27, 2023, 09:17:20 PM »

Fisayo Adarabioyo
Jacob Blyth
Byron Harrison
Jamie McDonald
Joe Piggott
Kole Hall
Max Clayton
Nyall Bell
I recall we once pinned all our hopes on Joe Piggott. Strewth.

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 27, 2023, 09:39:33 PM »

I agree re. Dinanga but the fact is (and it is a fact) he has scored more goals than Jordan.

If only he scored more often than once in every 5 or 6 genuine opportunities he's presented with. He's a total waste of space at this level.

I don't know, I think the jury's still out on that. He's not John Brady maybe (or even Dickie "90 minutes" Landon"), but I did think he was getting into his stride a bit earlier this season before the loan signings restricted his game time. Alan Shearer often berates strikers for not taking a gamble to get on the end of crosses, and I agree it's a skill getting in those positions.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Borehamwood Match Thread