PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Chesterfield Match Thread
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Chesterfield Match Thread  (Read 8547 times)

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Chesterfield Match Thread
« Reply #45 on: January 24, 2023, 10:08:01 PM »

Sounded like a very impressive defensive performance: we were giving away 3-4-5 goals earlier in the season.

Weak up front and Dinanga needs too many chances to score - John Helm described his as the best chance of the match.
Hulme wasted on the wing and Kaja still has to prove himself.

swindellsworth

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 24, 2023, 10:11:36 PM »

Good effort lads , sounds like a real battling display . So the unbeaten run ends but rather lose to a top three side than one around our position in the table .

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 24, 2023, 10:25:50 PM »

Sounded like a very impressive defensive performance: we were giving away 3-4-5 goals earlier in the season.

Weak up front and Dinanga needs too many chances to score - John Helm described his as the best chance of the match.
Hulme wasted on the wing and Kaja still has to prove himself.
[/quote

Agree about the front three. Would rather see Jordon up front centre. Least said about 30 the better

Bath Alty

• Regular First Team
  • Technically now Lechlade Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 24, 2023, 10:33:02 PM »

Phil on twitter “ those we’ve lost and those we are potentially losing” doesn’t sound encouraging!

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 24, 2023, 10:57:45 PM »

Phil on twitter “ those we’ve lost and those we are potentially losing” doesn’t sound encouraging!

No it sounds like a horror 6 weeks (aside from Jackson)
Full time and proud of it

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 24, 2023, 11:05:56 PM »

No it sounds like a horror 6 weeks (aside from Jackson)

Yes, Phil's comment very worrying. If lose CCC and Toby, that will be catastrophic

finnquark1

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 24, 2023, 11:43:37 PM »

Thought we defended really well on the whole, and mistakes like losing a man will likely happen if you have to defend for large parts of the game. Apart from the already made observations about a lack of quality in the final third, we also severely lack pace going forward without Colclough. Hopefully Gyasi can add some, but particularly in the second half there were multiple breaks where we weren't able to get up to the play. CCC looked gassed after 70 mins, and Hulme/Kaja aren't going to give you that outlet either. The back 6 were really solid tonight though, and the loanee looked alright defensively
« Last Edit: January 24, 2023, 11:54:45 PM by finnquark1 »

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 25, 2023, 08:39:26 AM »

I thought we played really well last night & would have been full value for a hard earned point but eventually pressure told. I think once Gyasi comes in with his pace (assuming from Saturday) that’ll give us much needed extra outlet, as we just couldn’t get out for sustained periods in the second. If Chesterfield are as widely assumed the 3rd best team in the league then we’ll be absolutely fine for the remainder. The new lad on loan from Harrogate looked solid & got forward when he could too, a decent debut.

Lovely set up at Chesterfield, nice seats & great range of pies & beers on the concourse & some cracking pubs round the town too. 131 from us reasonable on a Tuesday night but when you see York took 714 to Oldham last night we really need to grow the fanbase.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 25, 2023, 08:49:22 AM »

I thought we played really well last night & would have been full value for a hard earned point but eventually pressure told. I think once Gyasi comes in with his pace (assuming from Saturday) that’ll give us much needed extra outlet, as we just couldn’t get out for sustained periods in the second. If Chesterfield are as widely assumed the 3rd best team in the league then we’ll be absolutely fine for the remainder. The new lad on loan from Harrogate looked solid & got forward when he could too, a decent debut.

Lovely set up at Chesterfield, nice seats & great range of pies & beers on the concourse & some cracking pubs round the town too. 131 from us reasonable on a Tuesday night but when you see York took 714 to Oldham last night we really need to grow the fanbase.

We took 75 more last year, Oldham is a new ground for aclot of Yorj fans abd they've nit lost 3 of their front 4
It's all my fault.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 25, 2023, 09:12:02 AM »

So close to a decent point, as others say overall we defended brilliantly, couple of decent saves from Ollie. Shame palmer seemed to get away from J Jones. Went in off shoulder I think, so a bummer. That said I thought the referee was poor second half. We should have had a foul against Osbourne, but gave nothing, they go other end and score...

we know our limitations in final third, but we created especially first half some good openings, shame we didn't convert one. Jordan especially seems not to want to shoot, Massive lack of confidence I fear. Not sure why we let Zak go out on loan, he might have a made a difference coming off the bench.

Hopefully Gyasi will add some quality going forward when we see him.

Shows how far we have come when we are disappointed losing to a club with a huge budget and good following.

I streamed the game, once it got up and running. would have gone if been a Saturday, but work precludes most away games. There stream not as good as ours. 131 away supporters I think under current financial hardship for most was creditable. Well done to all that went.

andrewflynn

« Reply #55 on: January 25, 2023, 10:03:21 AM »

Mad how good Lewis Baines has been considering he's inept and nowhere near good enough.

Almost as if players need a run of games in their natural position at 100% fitness......

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 25, 2023, 10:09:50 AM »

Mad how good Lewis Baines has been considering he's inept and nowhere near good enough.

Almost as if players need a run of games in their natural position at 100% fitness......
hit the nail on the head there Andrew, for me the front three are only still working toward full match fitness. but the moaning is so intense, we are punching way above our budget I believe.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 25, 2023, 11:09:01 AM »

Thought Osborne had a great 25 minute cameo.

It's all my fault.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 25, 2023, 11:14:07 AM »

Thought Osborne had a great 25 minute cameo.
Agreed on that
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Chesterfield Match Thread