PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Connor Jennings
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Connor Jennings  (Read 7307 times)

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Connor Jennings
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2023, 04:18:14 PM »

If Mullarkey goes I'm hoping we can go after Digie with the transfer fee

Ferguson or Billy sass Davies
It's all my fault.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2023, 04:20:08 PM »

There has been a 'rumour' that, whatever the wishes of Management or individual player, should a "suitably sized" bid be received, ANY player will be sold.

Interesting if correct

andrewflynn

« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2023, 04:27:42 PM »

I’m sorry but the way we rely on loans will be detrimental to the club, we are now back where we were prior to Newby joining us, next CCC will be gone then we will be right up sh*t creek

Completely disagree… we are where we are due to most of our loan signings or people who have come from loans. PP has always done a good job in this space, builds relationships with other clubs and individual players… I’m pretty sure you wouldn’t turn your nose up at 2 or 3 experienced league players on loan to take us to the next level.

We are where we are because we retained a core squad of permanent, contracted players who were all pulling in the direction of promotion: Thompson, Densmore, Hampson, White, Hannigan, Jones, Mullarkey, Moult, Williams, Richman, Harrop, Hancock, Johnston, Hulme, Peers

This then got buy-in from the fans and togetherness was established.

Who actually are our core players now?

I must admit it's very hard work as a fan getting behind a side with vultures swooping around it and players being recalled at any point.

These did not get us to where we are this season… my point being that without the loans and decisions made… we are flying and will continue to do so! Would I like them all to be permanent signings, of course I would! But we have to be realistic, if we want the best players available, we either need to loan and support their parent club or risk losing them to the highest bidder.

Whatever makes us stronger eh!

I take your point and I agree that the loan market is very important for us. But we're going to be in a position where the entire front four that powered our form are all going to be gone. It simply isn't sustainable to keep doing that.

Loans should always add to a squad, not build them. Hampson is a beautiful example. Came in on loan in 17/18, bought him outright, and became part of a tightnit group giving us over 100 appearances. Fantastic business.

It's crucial that the likes of Byrne, Marriott, Lundstram, Baines, E & J Jones, and Mullarkey are here for the long haul and we keep adding to them with more permanent quality. Or we're going to be constantly rebuilding.

Hugo

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2023, 04:28:32 PM »

There has been a 'rumour' that, whatever the wishes of Management or individual player, should a "suitably sized" bid be received, ANY player will be sold.

Interesting if correct

This is of course true as it is at every club.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2023, 04:30:51 PM »

I think it's reasonable to suggest that an above-average utilisation of the loan market was to be expected with our biggest transition in history.

It will be reduced next season.

In the meantime, more loan signings please :)

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2023, 04:35:30 PM »

Now that Lewis Baines is a bit more established, I reckon Jake Cooper has the potential to step into the right hand berth from next season onwards.

He needs a loan in this division though.

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2023, 05:28:32 PM »

Now that Lewis Baines is a bit more established, I reckon Jake Cooper has the potential to step into the right hand berth from next season onwards.

He needs a loan in this division though.

Does anyone know what's going on with Cooper? Is he injured? He's barely featured in a matchday squad for a while now and we had a youth defender on the bench for the Wrexham Trophy game, which made me think he must either be injured or severely out of favour.

Macsporran

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2023, 06:06:25 PM »

Some Grade A moaning going on in here today! Even more than normal…..which is quite an achievement. An outsider wouldn’t believe we are in our strongest League position for years, in a good position to reach the 1/4 Final of the Trophy, transitioned successfully to a full time model, in a current unbeaten 10 game run….as well as being financially sound (particularly in the current cost of living ‘crisis’ — see Southend/Sc*nthorpe).
Ok - we’ve sold a top player and some loans have gone back to their parent Clubs….it’s football! I prefer to trust the Management Team that got us here in the first place,instead of all the doom and gloom merchants in here, to sort out the players we may need in as replacements.
Honestly guys, give your heads a wobble!

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2023, 09:06:09 AM »

Some Grade A moaning going on in here today! Even more than normal…..which is quite an achievement. An outsider wouldn’t believe we are in our strongest League position for years, in a good position to reach the 1/4 Final of the Trophy, transitioned successfully to a full time model, in a current unbeaten 10 game run….as well as being financially sound (particularly in the current cost of living ‘crisis’ — see Southend/Sc*nthorpe).
Ok - we’ve sold a top player and some loans have gone back to their parent Clubs….it’s football! I prefer to trust the Management Team that got us here in the first place,instead of all the doom and gloom merchants in here, to sort out the players we may need in as replacements.

We've lost 3 and soon to be 4 of of front line, going back to a weaker sqaud than the one we had during 10 games without a win... I'd say thats definitely cause for concern.

In particular, when weve done so well, and so financially well off (500k seeder, more board incestment6than I've ever seen, 50k+ for Coclough)
It's all my fault.

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2023, 09:34:26 AM »

We've lost 3 and soon to be 4 of of front line, going back to a weaker sqaud than the one we had during 10 games without a win... I'd say thats definitely cause for concern.

In particular, when weve done so well, and so financially well off (500k seeder, more board incestment6than I've ever seen, 50k+ for Coclough)

In fairness, I don't think anyone should think for one second that the club is sitting on half a million of cash and twiddling it's thumbs. It's clear that they run a tight ship budget wise and that money is probably earmarked for different things short and long term which will include players.

If we are developing players, selling them for a good profit and putting the money back in to strengthen things on and off the pitch then surely that's a good thing? Playing the loan market shrewdly too is part of parcel of the modern game as others have said.

The management can bring in Johnston, Colclough, Jones, Smith, Mullarkey etc so surely we can have faith in them to get it right again. A bit of patience and perspective is needed and it's a nice problem in some ways. 

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2023, 11:42:31 AM »

Didn’t we recently announce that we were keeping him for another month?

I’m guessing we have done him and Stockport a favour to release him back early. Wouldn’t surprise me if we see some immediate other deals with Stockport! Good that we have a relationship with a team that are constantly looking to buy better players and we can utilise some of their fringe proven players at league level…. Next please.

I’m not sure what’s good about this relationship with Stockport. They just recall Newby back on a whim and sell him to make themselves money and now the same with Jennings.

We’re basically their bitch and get 6 weeks of help and then are totally destabilised.

Not a relationship I want thanks.

I’d prefer an actual transfer strategy befitting a professional football club thanks.

Totally agree Gareth

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2023, 09:01:56 PM »

Without a sugar daddy we will be a selling club.
We have sound financial backing, but it is the nature of a club like ours is that - as a f/t club at the lowest level we will be selling plauers and relying on loans to fill the gaps.
lets face it - we have had some decent loanees, which have lead to some decent buys!

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2023, 01:27:02 PM »

Staggered Jennings has signed for another club.

Assumed that was why County recalled him!
Full time and proud of it

AltyNotFaulty

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2023, 01:30:55 PM »

He was on Stockport bench on Tuesday night.

Who has he signed for?

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2023, 02:12:48 PM »

Sorry , meant not signed for anyone
Full time and proud of it
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Connor Jennings