PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Connor Jennings
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Connor Jennings  (Read 7301 times)

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Connor Jennings
« on: January 20, 2023, 02:41:43 PM »

Been recalled by Stockport.

Grimsby have made a bid for Mullarkey (according to a rwitter account)
Full time and proud of it

AltyNotFaulty

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
Re: Connor Jennings
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2023, 03:01:34 PM »

Didn’t we recently announce that we were keeping him for another month?

I’m guessing we have done him and Stockport a favour to release him back early. Wouldn’t surprise me if we see some immediate other deals with Stockport! Good that we have a relationship with a team that are constantly looking to buy better players and we can utilise some of their fringe proven players at league level…. Next please.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2023, 03:15:19 PM »

I’m sorry but the way we rely on loans will be detrimental to the club, we are now back where we were prior to Newby joining us, next CCC will be gone then we will be right up sh*t creek

Seth

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2023, 03:31:48 PM »

If Mullarkey goes I'm hoping we can go after Digie with the transfer fee

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2023, 03:33:17 PM »

Grimsby have made a bid for Mullarkey (according to a rwitter account)

Thought they were skint?

"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2023, 03:34:16 PM »

I’m sorry but the way we rely on loans will be detrimental to the club, we are now back where we were prior to Newby joining us, next CCC will be gone then we will be right up sh*t creek

I respectfully disagree.

Utilising the loan market is probably the reason we have Josh Lundstram, Jake Cooper and Eddy Jones at the club as permanent employees.

You'll probably struggle to find someone that would rather have it that we passed on Chris Conn-Clarke at the start of the season.

Anyhow, I reckon we're probably getting someone in - at least I hope so.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2023, 03:37:27 PM by MarpleAlty »

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2023, 03:34:52 PM »

If Mullarkey goes I'm hoping we can go after Digie with the transfer fee

Shudder.

AltyNotFaulty

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2023, 03:46:25 PM »

Completely disagree… we are where we are due to most of our loan signings or people who have come from loans. PP has always done a good job in this space, builds relationships with other clubs and individual players… I’m pretty sure you wouldn’t turn your nose up at 2 or 3 experienced league players on loan to take us to the next level.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2023, 03:56:36 PM »

Didn’t we recently announce that we were keeping him for another month?

I’m guessing we have done him and Stockport a favour to release him back early. Wouldn’t surprise me if we see some immediate other deals with Stockport! Good that we have a relationship with a team that are constantly looking to buy better players and we can utilise some of their fringe proven players at league level…. Next please.

I’m not sure what’s good about this relationship with Stockport. They just recall Newby back on a whim and sell him to make themselves money and now the same with Jennings.

We’re basically their bitch and get 6 weeks of help and then are totally destabilised.

Not a relationship I want thanks.

I’d prefer an actual transfer strategy befitting a professional football club thanks.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2023, 03:57:14 PM »

Completely disagree… we are where we are due to most of our loan signings or people who have come from loans. PP has always done a good job in this space, builds relationships with other clubs and individual players… I’m pretty sure you wouldn’t turn your nose up at 2 or 3 experienced league players on loan to take us to the next level.

...or that young lad at Wrexham with something to prove.

Kicks the problem to the kerb until the summer, when we can have another real stab at it - given we should be largely fine in most other areas of the pitch (if we retain everyone).

andrewflynn

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2023, 04:06:36 PM »

We are where we are because we retained a core squad of permanent, contracted players who were all pulling in the direction of promotion: Thompson, Densmore, Hampson, White, Hannigan, Jones, Mullarkey, Moult, Williams, Richman, Harrop, Hancock, Johnston, Hulme, Peers

This then got buy-in from the fans and togetherness was established.

Who actually are our core players now?

I must admit it's very hard work as a fan getting behind a side with vultures swooping around it and players being recalled at any point.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2023, 04:07:47 PM »

There is some speculation on Twitter that Jennings is signing permanently for Halifax.
Come on Alty!

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2023, 04:09:21 PM »

Though our frequent forrays into the loan market have yielded some positive short term gains, it really isn't a sustainable way forward in the long term.
I look at clubs like Halifax. Similar size to us and not reliant at all on the loan market. We took 4 points from them but they will finish comfortably higher than us.
I know the transition to full time has been financially costly, but in order to continue to prosper, we do need a proper transfer strategy and a squad (allbeit a small one) of decently contracted players that are our own.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2023, 04:12:22 PM »

Just another nail in the season coffin.

When we should be dreaming of wembley and a top half, finish, we're losing player after player.

Feels like a step back in previous years. Thought this board had just raised 500k
It's all my fault.

AltyNotFaulty

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2023, 04:13:01 PM »

We are where we are because we retained a core squad of permanent, contracted players who were all pulling in the direction of promotion: Thompson, Densmore, Hampson, White, Hannigan, Jones, Mullarkey, Moult, Williams, Richman, Harrop, Hancock, Johnston, Hulme, Peers

This then got buy-in from the fans and togetherness was established.

Who actually are our core players now?

I must admit it's very hard work as a fan getting behind a side with vultures swooping around it and players being recalled at any point.

These did not get us to where we are this season… my point being that without the loans and decisions made… we are flying and will continue to do so! Would I like them all to be permanent signings, of course I would! But we have to be realistic, if we want the best players available, we either need to loan and support their parent club or risk losing them to the highest bidder.

Whatever makes us stronger eh!
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Connor Jennings