PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Maidenhead Match Thread
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Maidenhead Match Thread  (Read 8774 times)

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Maidenhead Match Thread
« Reply #45 on: January 18, 2023, 08:27:40 AM »

Sadly I think CCC is doing too well now (like Newby and Colclough) - surely either Fleetwood will make use of him around their first team, or any number of League Two sides (or the Big Three in this league) would come swooping in for him instead. I suspect it won't be long before he's knocking on the door for a Northern Ireland call up too!

To stand any chance of securing him permanently, I suspect we'd need to sell another - but I'm sure the lad himself knows he could move up a level.

A lot to be said for enjoying your football, though - judging by his social media he loves being here - so let's hope he gives us to the end of the season at the very least.

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 18, 2023, 08:42:41 AM »

He's good enough for the Championship. The best bet for mid-table Fleetwood would be to allow him to stay here until the summer. Then recall him and integrate him into their first team with a view to selling him on for a healthy fee later.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 18, 2023, 09:26:15 AM »

Good to get the win and deserved. nervy at the end as Osbourne kept giving away needless fouls that put us under pressure.

Pleased to See Dinanga score and the flag not go up! he is getting in the positions, just needs to be more clinical. CCC, I do hope we can arrange a deal for hm loan extension or otherwise. He thrives in this team.

Should and could of won by a more handsome margin, but another 3 points on the board. Upto 10th, amazing. Lets hope crowds increase, more turnover and increase in playing budget for Parky, allowing better standard of personnel to come onboard.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 18, 2023, 09:32:31 AM »

Sadly I think CCC is doing too well now (like Newby and Colclough) - surely either Fleetwood will make use of him around their first team, or any number of League Two sides (or the Big Three in this league) would come swooping in for him instead. I suspect it won't be long before he's knocking on the door for a Northern Ireland call up too!

To stand any chance of securing him permanently, I suspect we'd need to sell another - but I'm sure the lad himself knows he could move up a level.

A lot to be said for enjoying your football, though - judging by his social media he loves being here - so let's hope he gives us to the end of the season at the very least.

I'm not sure we'd need to sell another, given we've just sold our marquee player for our alleged largest fee since JJ who acquired Durell, Mooney, Mahon and someone else.
It's all my fault.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 18, 2023, 09:38:53 AM »

Should have been out of sight.
Very tense for the last 20/25 mins.
Should have kept at them, Goodson would have been a decent sub.
Bringing Osborne on was a mistake. As harsh as this sounds, the lad is a liability.
Not only is he way off the pace, he gives away endless freekicks. Never learns, lack of pace and poor positional play.
Pringle was quality when he came on, two through balls were quality.
Lundstram, E.Jones, Con-Clarke and Toby were all excellent.
Thought Kaja played well, keep him fit and we have a decent player.
Still need the pace, hopefully from the Chesterfield winger.
Decent 3 points in the end.
Keep going boys.
On Con-Clarke, he is so good,but I have this feeling he wil never be a regular in league football. Just about gets away with runs in the National League, will be stopped in the league.
Hope I am wrong as he deserves his chance.
I can see him being with us permanently in 2 or 3 years, if we still have the same management team and FT.
No doubt Fleetwood will give him a go.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 18, 2023, 04:54:42 PM »

It's been quite a while since I've attended a match at the J Davidson Stadium which has started amidst snow flurries.

An entertaining game in light of the conditions. We had some excellent opportunities to have won far more convincingly and it did get rather unnecessarily jittery during those final 15 minutes or so.

Two sublime free kicks from CCC which Graham Heathcote in his late 1970s/early 1980s pomp would have been proud of.

Dinanga was once again deadly from five millimetres out.

Alas, Jordan Hulme still looks well out of sorts. Their second goal was initiated by him giving the ball away cheaply when undertaking some strange needless attempt at a 'scooped' pass.

Incidentally, I've just watched the Alty TV highlights and Matty Kosylo is a splendid and honest summariser.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

swindellsworth

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 18, 2023, 06:08:16 PM »

Can't get to many Tuesday games but caught the second half on Alty Radio .  Like the majority have said , any win in this league is precious and mostly hard to achieve .  As for the players i agree once again with most of the comments , especially Osborne followed by Dinanga , Byrne is a work in progress as is Goodson , Hulme not stepped up in this division , CCC as per Colclough , Kaja needs more minutes , Pringle deserves more minutes . The two newcomers hopefully can get some game time as well, they both sound pretty useful .  Got to say too that there is , and so it should be , great to see so much positive vibes on here at the moment . Long may it last .

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 18, 2023, 06:20:04 PM »

Hulme is playing out position. He is a number 9 and not been given the game time in that position, which Jennings and Dinanga have been given.
Like when Baines was played at LB, when he is clearly an excellent solid CB.
Mullarkey in CM and so on.
I do feel it is Hulme's last season at this level, would be nice to let him have a few games, in a row, as CF.
He also will not be fit, especially wide position fit.
Pringle should 100% be given more game time, even if we are winnng I would put him on over other options.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2023, 06:22:24 PM by oneedham »

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 18, 2023, 09:14:01 PM »

It's been quite a while since I've attended a match at the J Davidson Stadium which has started amidst snow flurries.

An entertaining game in light of the conditions. We had some excellent opportunities to have won far more convincingly and it did get rather unnecessarily jittery during those final 15 minutes or so.

Two sublime free kicks from CCC which Graham Heathcote in his late 1970s/early 1980s pomp would have been proud of.

Alas, Jordan Hulme still looks well out of sorts. Their second goal was initiated by him giving the ball away cheaply when undertaking some strange needless attempt at a 'scooped' pass.

Incidentally, I've just watched the Alty TV highlights and Matty Kosylo is a splendid and honest summariser.

I was delighted with the conditions at kickoff, it gave me a chance to do my best/john King impression out on the Chequers End (think Kingy stood on the roof of the dugout in torrential rain)! I tried this in a match against Kidderminster once, all prepared with my big coat, flask etc. - at the front oof the pop side - and then a hail storm stopped the match and sent me scurrying for cover! I would challenge anyone to have remained out in that!

There was a suggestion on the video that the first CCC goal took a deflection but I couldn't see any evidence for this, either at the match on the Chequers End or watching the video back. The main question seems to be, would we have done any better bringing Goodson on iinstead of Osborne - but to be fair, probably not many managers would bring on a forward when defending a 3-2 lead.

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 18, 2023, 11:08:20 PM »

After watching the highlights Dinanga does deserve a good bit of credit for his (not insignificant) role in the second goal before he tapped it in. A very good give and go and he managed to get himself into a dangerous position after that. Dare I say it was a proper centre forward's goal. Fair play.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 19, 2023, 09:53:27 AM »

I was delighted with the conditions at kickoff, it gave me a chance to do my best/john King impression out on the Chequers End (think Kingy stood on the roof of the dugout in torrential rain)! I tried this in a match against Kidderminster once, all prepared with my big coat, flask etc. - at the front oof the pop side - and then a hail storm stopped the match and sent me scurrying for cover! I would challenge anyone to have remained out in that!

There was a suggestion on the video that the first CCC goal took a deflection but I couldn't see any evidence for this, either at the match on the Chequers End or watching the video back. The main question seems to be, would we have done any better bringing Goodson on iinstead of Osborne - but to be fair, probably not many managers would bring on a forward when defending a 3-2 lead.
I was sat in main stand, no one touched CCC first free kick, it outswing in via the post. Personally I thought it was a cross cum shot to the far post. But great it went in.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 19, 2023, 10:43:02 AM »

I agree that the first goal went in off the post with no-one touching it. I was right behind the goal. Jordan earned the free kick but no-one seems to want to mention that.

While I'm on my soapbox I'd like to point out we're still playing as a one-sided team even though Coco isn't here anymore. There was virtually nothing coming down the right wing, almost everything going down the left.  No wonder Jordan isn't showing up as much.

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 20, 2023, 01:09:07 AM »

After watching the highlights Dinanga does deserve a good bit of credit for his (not insignificant) role in the second goal before he tapped it in. A very good give and go and he managed to get himself into a dangerous position after that. Dare I say it was a proper centre forward's goal. Fair play.

My impression from the commentarhy was that he stole his goal, but the highlights show a defender veryt close so I can give him the benefit of the doubt on this.

Dinanga does remind me of CR7 (stop laughing) insofar as he needs a hell of a lot of chances to get his goals. There is something there, his set up play is pretty good and he gets into good positions, but he is a trypical striker in that he is best acting on instinct than thinking.

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 20, 2023, 10:11:00 AM »

Reminded me of school way back in the day. Put Dinanga and CR7 into a sentence. I had great difficulty then but this takes the biscuit. 😂😂😂
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Maidenhead Match Thread