PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Transfer Targets
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: Transfer Targets  (Read 17548 times)

swindellsworth

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Transfer Targets
« Reply #75 on: January 23, 2023, 08:11:35 PM »

Get in 🤣

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 27, 2023, 08:22:05 PM »

Nick Haughton would be a good option to replace Con-Clarke.
His contract runs out in the summer.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 27, 2023, 09:05:34 PM »

I think if fylde come up he'll most likely stay.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

AltyNotFaulty

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 27, 2023, 11:36:56 PM »

He will be on double what our current highest earner is on, no doubt!

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 28, 2023, 09:37:06 AM »

I'd be surprised if we can afford Nick Haughton.

He'll be the highest earner in the NLN.

Would be interested to see if Preston are willing to let go of Bennett, given his injury issues.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 28, 2023, 10:04:54 AM »

Wondering if Tshimanga would be available? (only joking)
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

AltyNotFaulty

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 28, 2023, 08:30:40 PM »

Transfer window closes soon then we see who is available and who has been snapped up… I believe many non league teams benefit after the window closes. Hopefully we keep hold of Toby and have our sights on at least 3 more players on loan with a view to buy. In PP we have to trust!

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 29, 2023, 10:12:40 AM »

I'd suspect there are 2 or three players who if they dont get the move they want will suddenly become available on Wednesday (1st feb).  The profile would be young , with potential to sell on, possibly previously injured or just fallen short.  See colclough, smith, jones etc
Bernard Taylors barmy army

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 29, 2023, 11:25:43 AM »

The brutal truth is that we're at the bottom (or near the bottom) of the professional club food chain at the moment and we have got to come to terms with it.
Also our model seems to be to try to attract young players to develop and sell on so we can hardly complain when this happens. It's just a shame that several have gone at the same time when one per season would have been preferable.
The big concern is that we've failed so far to unearth a goalscoring number nine who would be happy to stay with us for a good while.
Two or three positive forward signings in the next couple of weeks will see us okay and I believe Parky has this in hand. 🤞

swindellsworth

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 29, 2023, 03:14:01 PM »

100% agree Sangers 👍🤞

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 29, 2023, 06:01:40 PM »

100% agree Sangers 👍🤞
Is that 'Saugers' or yet another nickname? 🤔😄

swindellsworth

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 29, 2023, 08:23:14 PM »

' Saugers ' or Sangers ( old aussie term for sandwiches ) !
Either or both make up to a very good taste , like your choice of footy team my friend 😉

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 29, 2023, 08:54:35 PM »

' Saugers ' or Sangers ( old aussie term for sandwiches ) !
Either or both make up to a very good taste , like your choice of footy team my friend 😉

👍 😎😄

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 29, 2023, 11:35:04 PM »

The brutal truth is that we're at the bottom (or near the bottom) of the professional club food chain at the moment and we have got to come to terms with it.
Also our model seems to be to try to attract young players to develop and sell on so we can hardly complain when this happens. It's just a shame that several have gone at the same time when one per season would have been preferable.
The big concern is that we've failed so far to unearth a goalscoring number nine who would be happy to stay with us for a good while.
Two or three positive forward signings in the next couple of weeks will see us okay and I believe Parky has this in hand. 🤞

Exactly

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 30, 2023, 06:56:51 AM »

Great post - especially around losing players to higher up the food chain - we'd better get used to it.

We won't rely on loanees in future seasons as much as we have done this one; it was just necessary for the transition and it's given us some great times (esp with CCC).

I'd be more worried if we had a shed load of dead wood that we were struggling to move on.

We haven't heard the last from a recruitment point of view; I'd rather the management took their time to locate the right targets, even if it takes a week or two longer.

I suspect, as suggested before, that we're waiting for the football league window to close.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Transfer Targets