News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Undisclosed fees?

Author Topic: Undisclosed fees?  (Read 2227 times)

b23

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
Undisclosed fees?
« on: January 12, 2023, 04:21:29 PM »

I seem to remember many of Altys players that we sell on go for an undisclosed fee. What is the reason or purpose of an undisclosed fee? Who if anyone does it benefit?

FromAltyToAshford

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
Re: Undisclosed fees?
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2023, 04:26:56 PM »

I believe that we don't want other parties to know how much we will accept. Particularly if we think that they might be willing to pay more...

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2023, 04:29:05 PM »

I seem to remember many of Altys players that we sell on go for an undisclosed fee. What is the reason or purpose of an undisclosed fee? Who if anyone does it benefit?
It's 99% of transfers, most money numbers being thrown around are the press or a leak in the camp at a higher profile club.

At NL level the chain is much smaller and the general press interest is lower so the leaks happen less often.

Plus let's face it, there would be a tax man at the door of some clubs in a heartbeat if it came out they had 150k to throw at a player (150k was an arbitrary number)

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2023, 04:34:20 PM »

However much it was I hope we're going to get it up front rather than in installments! Even if it's a bit less than we would have liked.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

MadFrankie

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2023, 04:59:56 PM »

What is the reason or purpose of a disclosed fee? Who if anyone does it benefit?
Is this the way to Mickleover
I'd rather go there than Dover

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2023, 09:03:13 PM »

What is the reason or purpose of a disclosed fee? Who if anyone does it benefit?

Both clubs. For us if everyone suddenly knows we’ve banked x amount of money then come knocking for players, as that club you’re going to inflate the price knowing we’ve got the cash.

MadFrankie

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2023, 10:39:24 PM »

Both clubs. For us if everyone suddenly knows we’ve banked x amount of money then come knocking for players, as that club you’re going to inflate the price knowing we’ve got the cash.
I think you misread my message and are agreeing with me.
Is this the way to Mickleover
I'd rather go there than Dover
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Undisclosed fees?