PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Halifax Away Match Thread
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: Halifax Away Match Thread  (Read 14212 times)

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Halifax Away Match Thread
« Reply #60 on: January 01, 2023, 09:25:02 PM »

Furious with that. More points dropped by negatively sitting back.

On our day one of the most attacking sides around this level. Kill them off.
It's all my fault.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 01, 2023, 11:10:59 PM »

The game management made me angrier than anything Jennings or Dinanga did - both of whom were as atrocious as each other, by the way. I'm glad we've not rushed into anything longer term or permanent with Jennings, as I suspect we'll prefer to send him back. Dinanga? Well, I'm not sure what else I can say.

HOWEVER...

We were screaming at Parky to change it up when they had us on the ropes - and yet he waited... and waited... and waited. In fact, he did nothing. I can't tell you how furious I was when they inevitably scored. We improved instantly after the subs - just like we did on Boxing Day - what is even going through his mind not to change it?

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 01, 2023, 11:38:19 PM »

Yes, the difference from Boxing Day was that we left the substitutions too late, and they made an immediate difference., but only after Halifax had equalised.

As for the late incident, surely Dinanga was offside anyway (assuming the offside call was correct, which it looked to be), whether or not he touched the ball, as he was clearly in a position where he could score a goal and was therefore interfering with play.

I am delighted with the four points from Halifax over Christmas, I should add.

B. 4D

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 02, 2023, 01:37:08 AM »

Yes, the difference from Boxing Day was that we left the substitutions too late, and they made an immediate difference., but only after Halifax had equalised.

As for the late incident, surely Dinanga was offside anyway (assuming the offside call was correct, which it looked to be), whether or not he touched the ball, as he was clearly in a position where he could score a goal and was therefore interfering with play.

I am delighted with the four points from Halifax over Christmas, I should add.

I don’t think Dinanga was offside.
The Linesman never kept up with play

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 02, 2023, 03:19:45 AM »

He's got to go. Never want to see a certain player in an Alty shirt again.
No arguments from me. blocked Byrne on their equaliser and I just don't know what to say about the other thing that happened.

Flip flopping again? By the sound of the celebrations, quite a lot of people thought he was onside, and the video seems to show why. Still, don't let facts get in the way...

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 02, 2023, 08:18:39 AM »

To be fair to Dinanga,he did what any forward would do and try to get the goal for his tally,sadly it was deemed offside
Harold

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 02, 2023, 09:11:26 AM »

The game management made me angrier than anything Jennings or Dinanga did - both of whom were as atrocious as each other, by the way. I'm glad we've not rushed into anything longer term or permanent with Jennings, as I suspect we'll prefer to send him back. Dinanga? Well, I'm not sure what else I can say.

HOWEVER...

We were screaming at Parky to change it up when they had us on the ropes - and yet he waited... and waited... and waited. In fact, he did nothing. I can't tell you how furious I was when they inevitably scored. We improved instantly after the subs - just like we did on Boxing Day - what is even going through his mind not to change it?

Yeah, the game management was the most frustrating part of the game. No idea what PP and Neil were watching and thinking.
If we had brought Pringle on during that period, we would have relieved pressure and attacked them.
As for Jennings, 100% no for me, heard people thinking his flick on's were him playing well. Not one header created a chance.
Can we please just keep Colclough, extend CCC, buy a right side winger and start Hulme number 9 for a few games.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 02, 2023, 09:26:11 AM »

HOWEVER...

Can we please just keep Colclough, extend CCC, buy a right side winger and start Hulme number 9 for a few games.

My thoughts precisely.

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 02, 2023, 09:36:03 AM »

He's got to go. Never want to see a certain player in an Alty shirt again.
No arguments from me. blocked Byrne on their equaliser and I just don't know what to say about the other thing that happened.

Flip flopping again? By the sound of the celebrations, quite a lot of people thought he was onside, and the video seems
 to show why. Still, don't let facts get in the way...
Intolerable prick was the mood of the day I see...

Only one person who leaves fact at the door for conjecture so may be you should shut your f**king mouth (it's you Hugh, I know your brain is too small to take subtle hints or to extract reason from words on paper)

I'm allowed to see a player play and make mistakes as horrific as he made yesterday and agree someone is below par.

Honestly, just when I was thinking I should let your f**king weirdness slide. I'm gonna jump on every idiotic comment you make until you leave this forum you unbelievable cock.

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 02, 2023, 02:19:47 PM »

Initially, I was frustrated after the end of the game yesterday but I disagree that Phil got it wrong. We played very well for the majority of the game and more than matched Halifax. Bear in mind that Halifax have won 7 of their last 8 Home matches before yesterday and we came and almost secured 3 points.

The second goal we conceded was atypical of a team that had just scored and let their guard down. We made the changes, perhaps a little bit too late, when we were under the cosh but the direction of the game did change. It was mostly Halifax up until their goal on 69 minutes (we made changes on 75) then scored 7-8 minutes later after a lot of pressure.

A lack of concentration let us down for the equaliser and we would've won it had it not been for the madness of the last minute. I don't think Parkinson got it wrong, I think a few small mistakes cost us, including a lack of concentration which you will get with a team so young.

As for Dinanga, what he did was mindless, but I think he played a role in changing the flow of the game when he came on. He's so close to being a very capable player it's incredibly frustrating. He helped stretch the play with his energy and got himself into all the correct positions when we were getting forward but lacks the conviction at the last second. It's almost like he's a striker but isn't there to score. That doesn't make the last second any less agonising, however.

Colclough was fantastic and it's a joy to watch him play, Conn Clarke superb also and it's incredible to see how much Toby Mullarkey is turning into a very good all round footballer. He seems just as assured going forward as he does defending.

We're playing some brilliant football at the moment, our record is getting better and better and Phil and Neil are improving us yet again. I don't quite understand the backlash after this game. A frustrating manner in which we got the result but a very good draw all the same and an excellent 6 points over Christmas which I'm sure we'd have all gladly taken.

On to Bromley

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 02, 2023, 03:48:20 PM »

I know the liner yesterday was poor, but watching this Maidstone v D&R game the liner is off the scale wank
Full time and proud of it

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 02, 2023, 04:25:51 PM »

Always good to have a moment of calm once we've all slept on it; the fact we're furious to come away from the Shay without three points, on New Years Day and on an absolute dog of a pitch, is testament to how far we've come. That said, there's nothing wrong with continuing to demand more - as I'm sure Parky does - and it's a nice position to be in that we're doing so well and yet there's still some very obvious areas of improvement.

Parky did get it wrong - he's not perfect, but the in-game management does seem to be his most glaring weakness of the lot, given we've been here before.

Chris Conn-Clarke was having a stinker from around 50-70; for the first equaliser, it wasn't too dissimilar to the Brad Jackson one at Torquay that he got absolutely slaughtered for. Although that's where the comparisons end; you leave CCC on the pitch for those moments of quality which are sadly well beyond Jackson's capability. He also looks to be carrying a bit too much weight in my opinion.

Halifax could end up in the playoffs - and they looked poor for large periods of both games because we made them look that way. I'm confident that the days of being 'Conferenced to Death' by outfits like Bromley are a thing of the past and that we can get back on track.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 02, 2023, 05:43:18 PM »

Always good to have a moment of calm once we've all slept on it; the fact we're furious to come away from the Shay without three points, on New Years Day and on an absolute dog of a pitch, is testament to how far we've come. That said, there's nothing wrong with continuing to demand more - as I'm sure Parky does - and it's a nice position to be in that we're doing so well and yet there's still some very obvious areas of improvement.

Parky did get it wrong - he's not perfect, but the in-game management does seem to be his most glaring weakness of the lot, given we've been here before.

Chris Conn-Clarke was having a stinker from around 50-70; for the first equaliser, it wasn't too dissimilar to the Brad Jackson one at Torquay that he got absolutely slaughtered for. Although that's where the comparisons end; you leave CCC on the pitch for those moments of quality which are sadly well beyond Jackson's capability. He also looks to be carrying a bit too much weight in my opinion.

Halifax could end up in the playoffs - and they looked poor for large periods of both games because we made them look that way. I'm confident that the days of being 'Conferenced to Death' by outfits like Bromley are a thing of the past and that we can get back on track.

CCC got slaughtered in the awaynend around me for sh*tting out the tackle.

But Jackson had the ball and was unmarked all he had to do was be calm.
It's all my fault.

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 02, 2023, 09:34:02 PM »

Ah, "dog of a pitch". Could Dinanga have been 100% sure that the ball would not hit a divot and deflect wide? That the defender running back wouldn't stop it? And was he really off-side? Did he even have time to think about all this, and is he perhaps a bit rusty with his relative lack of game time recently? Here's the video anyway. Stop it at about 5.33 and see what you think.

http://altyfans.co.uk/index.php?topic=26207.30

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 03, 2023, 10:50:52 AM »

Nothing yet from Phil or Neil, certainly a game I'd love some candid answers about.

Halifax had an interview out already
It's all my fault.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Halifax Away Match Thread