PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Halifax Away Match Thread
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

Author Topic: Halifax Away Match Thread  (Read 14236 times)

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: December 27, 2022, 09:41:02 AM »

Hulme on rw for Jackson. Either Jennings or Dinanga as the 9.

No reason why we cant win but would be happy with a point.

Halifax 1-1 Alty (Colclough)
Full time and proud of it

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Halifax Away Match Thread
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2022, 11:50:44 AM »

Think I would start Dinanga, they did not like his closing down and nearly got on the end of a couple.
Pringle or Hulme for Jackson. I do not think we'll ever see the Jackson once a favourite at Chester.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2022, 01:04:20 PM »

I fear that CCC's applause of the Golf Road after his superb goal may have been a gesture of farewell. His loan was "until the end of the year" so he may not be available at The Shay. I think I'd start Pringle rather than Osborne.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2022, 01:26:05 PM »

I fear that CCC's applause of the Golf Road after his superb goal may have been a gesture of farewell. His loan was "until the end of the year" so he may not be available at The Shay. I think I'd start Pringle rather than Osborne.

Is there a chance we can extend or do they want him back?

Losing him and Newby could really derail us.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2022, 01:28:56 PM »

I'm still hoping that we can get CCC until the end of the season. Keeping hold of Coco would be fantastic - especially if we (ie Parky) could get him to sign some sort of contract extension.
Even if we don't sign a right winger, securing those two could mean our first top half finish for donkeys years.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2022, 07:29:09 PM »

Does anybody know how far you have to walk from the supporters coach to the ground for Halifax? Also how you book tickets, I cannot find anywhere on their site to book, or prices, or is it pay at gate?

I am slightly disabled but would like to take my foster daughters to an away game on the supporters coach to have an away matchday experience at a reasonably close away venue. Halifax fits that bill.

Any help much appreciated, thanks.

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2022, 05:39:34 AM »

OK, I've booked the girls and I for the away coach, via the Alty website and pre-paid it. It has been a couple of seasons since I last attended an away match, and I am unsure where you find the times from each joining point, which I assume are still the same places.

Can anybody advise me?

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2022, 09:12:05 AM »

OK, I've booked the girls and I for the away coach, via the Alty website and pre-paid it. It has been a couple of seasons since I last attended an away match, and I am unsure where you find the times from each joining point, which I assume are still the same places.

Can anybody advise me?

I'd call the club in the first instance. They took the booking after all.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2022, 09:32:27 AM »

Can anybody advise me?

https://altrinchamfc.com/blogs/news/are-you-crossing-the-pennines-with-us-on-new-years-day-travel-and-admission-details-are-here

Same pick up points as ever & starting at the Vine from 1140.

andrewflynn

« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2022, 09:50:32 AM »

It’s cash only, pay on the gate.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2022, 10:16:57 AM »

I hope to God that CCC is available - I get what you mean about the applause at the end, but the fella's just scored the goal of the season in injury time - judging by the looks on his face he looked bloody delighted, it didn't seem like a goodbye to me but who knows.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2022, 10:42:55 AM »

It’s cash only, pay on the gate.

This is really odd in 2023. Are there any other clubs in our league (Sarfend aside as it’s obviously a tax fiddle with their awful Chairman) where you can’t buy online in advance?

As for the game, now we’ve both had a good look at each other I imagine it’ll be another tight one. Might depend on the various rumours swirling about re our squad & outgoings. If we still have CCC & Coco starting on Sunday I’ll take a repeat of the 2-1 for us. Attendance wise I’d hope we take a similar number to what they brought to us, can’t rely on the trains on NYD though so glad that the club is running a bus & into Halifax in plenty of time for a pint before KO too.

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2022, 10:44:36 AM »

Thanks Sarf London Alty. Missed it in the news pages, all details now known and understood and all booked now.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2022, 11:34:14 AM »

I'd be happy with a point, but if its our last full strength side, with rumours abound, the extra 2 could be crucial.

We'd be in the playoffs without that Torquay embarrassment
It's all my fault.

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2022, 03:47:53 PM »

I know I should read things thoroughly. I’ve only just noticed that season ticket holders of EFL clubs and above can get into Halifax for £12. I’m a ST holder at United as well as Alty but don’t have a card for either but the digital version as it is 2023 on Sunday and not 1923.
I’m wondering if they’ll be issues at the turnstiles using the £12 and digital ST for United or I’ll be accused of being in league with the devil with new fangled technology.
It’s been a while since I’ve ventured into darkest Yorkshire and not sure if they’ve moved with the times. I’m amazed they have the ability to cultivate tea in local plantations though. That’s really amazing.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team