PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Halifax (h) match thread
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Halifax (h) match thread  (Read 8456 times)

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Halifax (h) match thread
« Reply #45 on: December 28, 2022, 12:03:45 PM »

I seem to recall that we got some money for him didn't we? Can't imagine it was too much though.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

that man showler

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 28, 2022, 12:51:41 PM »

Oafc twitter saying Ryan is a done deal and even show him on a team sheet are the club going to confirm one way or another today??

Bear Town Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 28, 2022, 01:23:10 PM »

Where? Can’t see it

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 28, 2022, 01:44:00 PM »

I'm well known on here for very rarely being critical of the Club but in situations like this they really are slow in coming out with statements for us, the fans.
I recognise they can't always respond to online rumours but I think in this case they might have made an exception.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 28, 2022, 01:51:52 PM »

The board can't say anything until negotiations are concluded and the other club has made an announcement. Also if the oldham deal falls through, I'm sure there will be other bids, so they can't even say he is staying.

The club is on a different level now, so we shouldn't expect ongoing commentary from the board.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 28, 2022, 02:09:25 PM »

Where? Can’t see it

I think he’s using ‘oafc Twitter’ as shorthand for general Oldham fans on Twitter as opposed to anything from the official Oldham Twitter account.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 28, 2022, 02:46:13 PM »

On edge, waiting for bad news.

Surely we can at least give an update on Con-Clarke.....

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 28, 2022, 02:59:22 PM »

What if the club isn't saying anything because there's genuinely nothing to say? Just a thought.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 28, 2022, 03:00:33 PM »

The board can't say anything until negotiations are concluded and the other club has made an announcement. Also if the oldham deal falls through, I'm sure there will be other bids, so they can't even say he is staying.

The club is on a different level now, so we shouldn't expect ongoing commentary from the board.

Nonsense. The club could say there have been bids without divulging much more.
Also, we may be on a different level now but aren't we supposed to be a family club? And aren't we part of the family?
We're at the same level as, for example, Oldham and apparently word has got out at their end (to put a bit of pressure on). We need to be as savvy as them.

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 28, 2022, 03:23:50 PM »

Nonsense. The club could say there have been bids without divulging much more.
Also, we may be on a different level now but aren't we supposed to be a family club? And aren't we part of the family?
We're at the same level as, for example, Oldham and apparently word has got out at their end (to put a bit of pressure on). We need to be as savvy as them.

How does the club officially tell "the family" about ongoing transfer discussions without divulging it to the whole world?

Have Oldham actually issued anything official? If they haven't then nor should we.

Why is it so important for us to know officially that we have received a bid for a player? Is it just to satisfy our curiosity?

We're a full time, professional club and I would have no problem with things being kept quiet in terms of transfer dealings until everything is completed. I don't honestly see what the issue is.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 28, 2022, 03:44:37 PM »

Must just be me then.

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 28, 2022, 03:54:14 PM »

I would imagine that after Boxing Day, Conn-Clarke will return to his parent club.

I don't know anything about Ryan's contract. If there is a transfer clause in it, we are pretty much snookered - if not, the club will probably take the hit and lose him for nothing in the summer.

You'd imagine that with these outcomes fairly likely, the club will have earmarked quality replacements.

On the other hand, you never know. Here's to hoping.

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 28, 2022, 04:01:37 PM »

why would he want to leave a club 1 point from the play offs to join one heading for VCN ?
Harold

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 28, 2022, 04:06:09 PM »

Must just be me then.

And me. We should at least be updated on any potential loan extension for Con-Clarke....

If Ryan has signed for Oldham, we seriously need to nail down whatever potential targets we have in mind as priority. They already need to be at the level.

Losing Newby was a kick in the guts, but to lose Colclough and Con-Clarke aswell would kill us.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 28, 2022, 04:07:19 PM »

why would he want to leave a club 1 point from the play offs to join one heading for VCN ?

Double wage and football is a short career in non league.

Less travelling.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Halifax (h) match thread