PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Scrotes
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Scrotes  (Read 10412 times)

TheGolfRoadView

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
Scrotes
« on: December 20, 2022, 11:10:03 PM »

It may just be me, but it seems to be the case that we have attracted a fair few scrotes this season, who at times are behaving like dickheads. Take tonights game, for the last 25 mins of the 1st half, there were a group of 6 lads who stood behind the goal at the Hale End, giving puerile abuse to the Curzon keeper. There was a steward about 20 yards away who did nothing about it and it needed a couple of people standing near them to try to get them to shut up. Regarding the stewarding tonight, most of them seemed to be in their late teens, early twenties and not really doing much. None of them seemed savvy enough to see that the group of Curzon fans did not move round in the 1st half, and think it would maybe be a good idea to have a couple of stewards stood in the Popular Side to keep an eye on things. If they had done that, maybe one of the Curzon flags wouldn't have been nicked. As I was leaving the ground, stewards were trying to get one of the scrotes to open his rucksack to see if the flag was in there, which made me  wonder why the club even allows people to bring rucksacks into the ground, especially when they are barely searched, if at all.
In general this season, there have been a couple of games, Chesterfield in particular stands out, where a group of scrotes were goading some Chesterfield fans at the fences in the Popular Side and chucking plastic bottles at them, with no response from the stewards. Outside the ground also there have been games where groups of lads have been hanging around at the corner of Golf Road, seemingly waiting to see if anything kicks off with away fans walking past them. I've not seen any trouble, but it is maybe something that the club needs to keep an eye on. It kicked off outside the away end v Halifax last season, so I presume there will be a police presence on Boxing Day, but also hopefully the stewards will be a bit more clued up as to what is going on at the ground generally. Rant over!
« Last Edit: December 20, 2022, 11:21:57 PM by TheGolfRoadView »

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Scrotes
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2022, 08:07:06 AM »

The current security searches are a waste of time - we should either do them properly (my preferred option) - or not not at all. I had one of those wands vaguely waved in my direction - although for an actual change, someone actually scrutinised my e-ticket before letting me through the turnstiles.

My mate whos a Sheffield United fan says there seems to be an element of this creeping back in across all tbe grounds now - and there does seem to be one or two social media channels that actively glorify it.

How embarrassing is it for an announcement to be read over the tannoy repeatedly asking for these scrotes not to be scrotes? I guess they were probably just happy to be out on a school night, thankfully they probably don't even turn up on a Saturday afternoon.

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2022, 10:40:10 PM »

It was a bit silly maybe and then some, but then again, what about a certain Morecambe goalkeeper's mother? What about "half a pound of tupenny rice"?  What about "Cantona and Giggs", or Julian and the lineswoman at Stevenage - or indeed any number of things that I have done? And indeed what about a snowball with a brick in it? Anyone can do things that they will later regret, especially when young. It is all too easy to say "throw the book at them", but wouldn't it be better to try and show them the Alty way of doing things and make them long term Alty supporters we can be proud of? I know I am a better person because of people I have come cross watching Alty (and yes that includes you, Phil Taylor :)  ) Let's not give up before we've tried.

Is this it?

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2022, 11:25:51 PM »

It was a bit silly maybe and then some, but then again, what about a certain Morecambe goalkeeper's mother? What about "half a pound of tupenny rice"?  What about "Cantona and Giggs", or Julian and the lineswoman at Stevenage - or indeed any number of things that I have done? And indeed what about a snowball with a brick in it? Anyone can do things that they will later regret, especially when young. It is all too easy to say "throw the book at them", but wouldn't it be better to try and show them the Alty way of doing things and make them long term Alty supporters we can be proud of? I know I am a better person because of people I have come cross watching Alty (and yes that includes you, Phil Taylor :)  ) Let's not give up before we've tried.

Did you hear/witness the behaviour of the individual concerned?

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2022, 08:41:51 AM »

Is it a myth/dream or didn't we used to invade the pitch a lot after a win or even goal in the 90s?

TheGolfRoadView

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2022, 09:17:37 AM »

I personally don't recall that, the only pitch invasions I can remember are after the occasional good win in the FA Cup we had back then (those were the days!), or after the last home game of each season.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2022, 11:05:41 AM »

Is it a myth/dream or didn't we used to invade the pitch a lot after a win or even goal in the 90s?

I distinctly recall a minor pitch invasion after a crucial late winner against Yeovil in 93-94 when Kingy returned as boss. Paul France header at the Chequers End. Nothing beyond Barnsley, Guiseley or end of season in recent times. At our level more likely to be a thing for big ex EFL away followings when playing at smaller grounds to show how massive they still are.

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2022, 12:01:15 PM »

we used to have them in the 70s
Harold

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2022, 09:37:18 PM »

I personally don't recall that, the only pitch invasions I can remember are after the occasional good win in the FA Cup we had back then (those were the days!), or after the last home game of each season.
I distinctly remember a pile-on with the players after a goal at Lancaster. Also after a match at Droylsden, as they didn't have a proper ground, we simply walked across the pitch from the far side at the end one night. I don't know if it was the "Farmer Dave" pitch night... Pitch invasions weren't that common though.

RockyRobin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2022, 06:53:25 AM »

Been on at Slough Town and maybe Farnborough probably more.

A lot when on at ML versus Kidderminster, the game we would never play them again  :D
Bought and Brought are two different words with completely different meanings

andrewflynn

« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2022, 10:41:17 AM »

There was a great little pitch invasion for our winner at Shaw Lane in 2018. What a week that was.

alty.fc

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2022, 04:00:48 PM »

yes we did those were the days
Come on you red and white........

Leeds Leeds Alty

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2022, 08:14:42 PM »

Most invaded away ground was Drill field.

I remember Alty pitch invasions there in 70s, 80s and 90s - that fateful Witton CSC final game - that all turned a bit lairy!!

Being on the pitch at Gravesend for first APL win - which was very joyous but mad!  Being on the pitch at Moss Lane at the end of the following season was a great memory too.

Every FA cup win Moss Lane aqainst league opposition ever has probably culminated in final whistle pitch invasion too.

All of these characterised by passion and excitement, whereas the scrotes don't give a damn about the club from what I have observed. 

They will come a cropper against a Wrexham or an Oldham though sure enough.  I remember the 15 year old baby squadders giving it large against Huddersfield in 82 until they came running straight for the Golf Road end - a few hard lessons learned that day!

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2022, 10:06:14 PM »

BPA with the late late show. Plenty of dancing on the pitch, but was that really an invasion or just an incursion?

It was bloody great!
« Last Edit: December 24, 2022, 04:14:07 PM by CRT Butty »

Leeds Leeds Alty

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2022, 01:48:18 PM »

BPA with the late late show. Plenty of dancing on the pitch, but was that really an invasion of just an incursion?

It was bloody great!

You might say it was a special operation, or that part of the pitch was temporarily annexed!!
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Scrotes