PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Curzon Ashton match thread
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Curzon Ashton match thread  (Read 10032 times)

alty.fc

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Curzon Ashton match thread
« Reply #45 on: December 20, 2022, 11:39:11 PM »

A very one-sided game that in typical Alty style we failed to win convincingly.

One downside of the evening was the behaviour of some of our supporters - the bunch of kids behind the goal shouting relentless, tedious and crude abuse at the Curzon keeper can perhaps be forgiven due to their age. However, the blokes who nicked the Curzon flag at half time really should have a word with themselves. It’s a shame that the stewards didn’t seem interested when they were pointed out, despite the repeated PA announcements on the subject.
we pay a lot for these stewards now . I hope we are asking for a refund for incompetence
Come on you red and white........

B. 4D

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 21, 2022, 12:18:41 AM »

One downside of the evening was the behaviour of some of our supporters - the bunch of kids behind the goal shouting relentless, tedious and crude abuse at the Curzon keeper can perhaps be forgiven due to their age. However, the blokes who nicked the Curzon flag at half time really should have a word with themselves. It’s a shame that the stewards didn’t seem interested when they were pointed out, despite the repeated PA announcements on the subject.
we pay a lot for these stewards now . I hope we are asking for a refund for incompetence

I’m sorry,
We all like a laugh, don’t you think the THIEF  that stole the flag just hand it back ?

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 21, 2022, 12:25:29 AM »

About as laboured as many of us feared, although there was only really one team in it.

Larges parts of the game played out like an attack v defence drill between two very tippy tappy teams. Wasn't the worst game in the world to watch as a result, but by God I wish we'd be more ruthless.

They allowed us plenty of space and made CCC look like Messi. None of our former lads were ever really in it.

Sadly I'm in agreement regarding Jordan - I love the fella, but it would have made more sense if he was lining up for Curzon Ashton tonight.

Yep. We should have patted them on the head & had the cigars out with 30 mins left. As it is, symptomatic of our season that we were holding on at the death in a game we should have been well clear in. Onto Fax & Wrexham anyway where we won’t get nearly as many chances so I hope the players have learnt.

Is this it?

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 21, 2022, 01:00:31 AM »

Behaviour by some among our support was disgraceful this evening.  I hope the moron who shouted the most vile abuse at  their ‘keeper through most of the first half is never allowed back in the ground.  He was rightly slung out at h/t.

TheGolfRoadView

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 21, 2022, 01:08:36 AM »

Was he though, pretty sure I saw that group in the Golf Road during the 2nd half. Most of that group should have been thrown out during the 1st half, but unfortunately our stewarding is too passive to do that.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 21, 2022, 01:16:23 AM »

Should have won 5/6-0.

The 705 ATT is a much clearer representation of where our core support is at than the 2k+ average we achieved last season. Still a National League North level fanbase when it all boils down to a ticketed Tuesday night game.

In all seriousness, just how many were you expecting to turn out for that one?

Alas, the halcyon days of respectable attendances at this early stage of the FA Trophy have long gone.

As for the actual game, we were repeatedly rather guilty of trying to walk the ball into the net and should have won by a far more comfortable margin.

Anyhow, £4.5k prize money duly secured.

None of us will be dwelling too much on this tie when we are enjoying the pre-match Club Wembley hospitality on Sunday, 21st May 2023....

« Last Edit: December 21, 2022, 01:22:14 AM by TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe »
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 21, 2022, 08:30:10 AM »

Unfortunately there are still a number of people who believe that their Season Ticket should grant them entry to.all home games, irrespective of the competition and point blank refuse to pay to attend FA competitions

I know it's been a while and I'm not trying to tempt fate but I wonder how many would continue this policy if we were playing a Semi Final?

andrewflynn

« Reply #52 on: December 21, 2022, 08:34:08 AM »

Should have won 5/6-0.

The 705 ATT is a much clearer representation of where our core support is at than the 2k+ average we achieved last season. Still a National League North level fanbase when it all boils down to a ticketed Tuesday night game.

Alas, the halcyon days of respectable attendances at this early stage of the FA Trophy have long gone.

As for the actual game, we were repeatedly rather guilty of trying to walk the ball into the net and should have won by a far more comfortable margin.

None of us will be dwelling too much on this tie when we are enjoying the pre-match Club Wembley hospitality on Sunday, 21st May 2023....

6-700, the attendance was about what I expected. My point is that we seem to wax lyrical about growing attendances but when you take the floaters out of the equation it’s still the same folk who came to watch us play Rushall Olympic, and that’s a problem.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 21, 2022, 09:31:47 AM »

I thought attendances for the early rounds of the Trophy and Cheshire Senior Cup used to be round the 300 mark? So we're still on the 👆!
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 21, 2022, 09:42:02 AM »

It was the Tuesday before Christmas. That would take a few out of the equation.

Also, for a normal league match attendance figures would include all ST holders regardless of how many turn up. 

Did many come down from Ashton?

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 21, 2022, 10:00:42 AM »

for a normal league match attendance figures would include all ST holders regardless of how many turn up. 

I think I've asked this before but can't recall the answer. Is this true?
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

beaker141

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 21, 2022, 10:01:54 AM »

True - the declared matchday attendance is people who have paid to watch the game - regardless of whether they are there in person or not.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 21, 2022, 10:03:21 AM »

I’m sorry,
We all like a laugh, don’t you think the THIEF  that stole the flag just hand it back ?

I know you're older and rose tinted, but away fans should never have been allowed to stand and display flags in and amongst where Altrincham fans congregate.

Swap 1 club for many in the NL and FL and that'd have been a full on fight.

Not condoning the theft but let's question why they were stood amongst our most vocal fans with 4/5th of the ground tk stand
It's all my fault.

swindellsworth

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 21, 2022, 11:15:34 AM »

Should have won 5/6-0.

Hear Hear , and a nice thought to be mulled over through Christmas , and no whines please !

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 21, 2022, 11:36:29 AM »

I was due to be there last night but had to miss the game. My younger foster daughter broke her toe playing football at her holiday club and I had to take her to Wythenshawe Hospital. She was due to go to the game also, and we had already purchased tickets, but could not use them.

She is out of the Black Kites team for up to 6 weeks unfortunately, and is absolutely gutted.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Curzon Ashton match thread