PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Curzon Ashton match thread
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5

Author Topic: Curzon Ashton match thread  (Read 10034 times)

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: December 15, 2022, 09:42:19 AM »

Same starting 11 whether its Saturday or Tuesday.

They're struggling in the league for some reason, got a decent squad but just can't win.

Get 3 in front and rest a few.

Alty 4-0 Curzon. (Colclough x 2, Jennings, Conn-Clarke)
Full time and proud of it

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Curzon Ashton match thread
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2022, 10:00:28 AM »

Can see my mate Tom bagging leading to a trial next summer.

Hoping it's on
It's all my fault.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2022, 10:31:48 AM »

Can see my mate Tom bagging leading to a trial next summer.

Hoping it's on

After coming on as an impact sub? 😉😎😂
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2022, 11:51:51 AM »

Same starting 11 whether its Saturday or Tuesday.

They're struggling in the league for some reason, got a decent squad but just can't win.

Get 3 in front and rest a few.

Alty 4-0 Curzon. (Colclough x 2, Jennings, Conn-Clarke)
Your second paragraph should have filled me full of optimism. Alty being Alty those words may come back to bite us. Perhaps we are new Alty now and the curse has been lifted. We can't keep missing the chance of a cup run indefinitely.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2022, 12:02:27 PM »

Weather forecast says it won't get above freezing before 9am on Saturday morning, so I suspect it'll be played Tuesday evening.

Macsporran

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2022, 01:01:18 PM »

Whether it’s Sat or Tuesday , I think he’ll take the opportunity to give some lads game time. I’m thinking Hulme, Osborne, Pringle, Gould will all get a run out, possibly Denanga too.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2022, 01:12:30 PM »

Whether it’s Sat or Tuesday , I think he’ll take the opportunity to give some lads game time. I’m thinking Hulme, Osborne, Pringle, Gould will all get a run out, possibly Denanga too.

You may well be right but I feel keeping the same side and keeping the run going together with building even more understanding amongst the team could be worth considering.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2022, 06:35:43 PM »

We should be putting our strongest team out and aiming to get to Wembley. On the whole, our performance in this competition since our last quarter final in 1995 has been woefully sub-standard.
Come on Alty!

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2022, 06:54:14 PM »

I seem to remember PP doing this once before. Not only did we exit that particular cup competition, we subsequently went on a losing run in the league. Pick a strong bench, get our first choice team to clinch the game inside an hour, then give  the subs some exercise.

alty.fc

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2022, 08:24:36 PM »

P-P
Come on you red and white........

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2022, 09:24:06 PM »

I seem to remember PP doing this once before. Not only did we exit that particular cup competition, we subsequently went on a losing run in the league. Pick a strong bench, get our first choice team to clinch the game inside an hour, then give  the subs some exercise.

Correct, we aren’t a big enough club to disrespect a cup we’ve Not got to the 1/4 finals of for 28 years. Which is frankly f**king ludicrous in itself.

Since we last reached the last 8 of this competition it has been won by, and this is only a sample over that 28 long years

Macclesfield
Kingstonian
Canvey Island
Burscough
Grays twice
North Ferriby
Brackley
Fylde
Hornchurch
Bromley

So the last thing we should do is make another half arsed effort in it, we’ve not one the thing for 36 years of which most of that time has been spent in the top flight. And it’s easier to win now since the playoffs became a thing

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2022, 09:35:04 PM »

Correct, we aren’t a big enough club to disrespect a cup we’ve Not got to the 1/4 finals of for 28 years. Which is frankly f**king ludicrous in itself.

Since we last reached the last 8 of this competition it has been won by, and this is only a sample over that 28 long years

Macclesfield
Kingstonian
Canvey Island
Burscough
Grays twice
North Ferriby
Brackley
Fylde
Hornchurch
Bromley

So the last thing we should do is make another half arsed effort in it, we’ve not one the thing for 36 years of which most of that time has been spent in the top flight. And it’s easier to win now since the playoffs became a thing

Spot on. Considering most top half Conference sides don’t take it seriously & haven’t done for some time now it’s baffling with the various good sides we’ve produced in the last 10 years under Sinnott & Parky that we’ve got absolutely nowhere in the Trophy. No need to rest too many, plenty of time off before ‘Fax. Let’s go out & treat the competition with respect & put a few past Curzon.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2022, 09:43:07 PM »

It’ll will be Tuesday night rather than Saturday but yes, no messing about. Wasn’t that long ago farsley knocked us out and Bognor Regis

Freddie

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2022, 10:47:15 PM »

I'd like to think that now we are full time, Parky doesn't need to give squad players as much of a run out in the Trophy. He's said in the past about how he used to have to look at players in games, or in evening training sessions.

Now he can see them daily. I too would welcome a first team selection against Curzon.

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2022, 11:20:21 PM »

We need to go full strength and aim to win this competition - no risks taken!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team