News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 A Bunch of Amateurs

Author Topic: A Bunch of Amateurs  (Read 2693 times)

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
A Bunch of Amateurs
« on: December 12, 2022, 11:35:45 AM »

No not the national league board... We were featured on this weeks episode of Dorkings YT show. There is a cracking shot of Barrows literally pulling Gallagher down by his hair in the box. Terrific sh*thousery... until you get caught

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8JyHy3vjMs

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: A Bunch of Amateurs
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2022, 01:09:14 PM »

Fair play to them, great footage and an enjoyable watch (not just because of the result).

The manager's clearly bright and really lives and breathes his football... could possibly do with inviting opinion from his playing staff a bit more often (I feel this is something Parky would do) - and they clearly paid far too much respect to Marcus because they made him look like Brazilian Ronaldo in his prime on the day.

I knew Bennett's goal took a deflection! - glad to see I wasn't going insane. I almost forgot how dangerous he could be, he's certainly someone I'd welcome back for another spell.

Very similar team to us, but as Parky says - they're probably still learning this division the hard way like we were ourselves (and still do, on occasion).

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2022, 10:20:36 PM »

really good and well put together,never seen inside the dressing rooms at Alty before.well worth watching even though we know that we won.
Harold

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2022, 02:23:02 PM »

It was a very refreshing view on things and far from the dull rhetoric usually spouted out, I actually quite like their manager, he's certainly very entertaining, he doesn't need to swear so much to make his point though !

altyusa

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2022, 06:47:28 PM »

I thought this was really good.  A great look at the set up at National League level.   If you've seen any of (the other) Phil Parkinson's ridiculous F bomb filled rants in the dressing room in Welcome to Wrexham this guy is way more measured and tactically aware.  Good stuff.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 A Bunch of Amateurs