PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Buying the stream for todays game
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Buying the stream for todays game  (Read 5782 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: December 10, 2022, 09:43:43 AM »

Don’t forget if you are buying the stream today to select the club you support as Altrincham. I know that sounds self explanatory but do not just skip past it or put neutral. This is very important as it is linked to how much money we make from the fixtures

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Buying the stream for todays game
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2022, 10:50:07 AM »

Don’t forget if you are buying the stream today to select the club you support as Altrincham. I know that sounds self explanatory but do not just skip past it or put neutral. This is very important as it is linked to how much money we make from the fixtures
Something I didn’t realise. Wonder how much we will get per “Altrincham” and how the money is distributed. On a personal level it won’t affect my attendance at live games but I’m uneasy about how it may impact on club’s finances.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2022, 11:09:04 AM by rorysgrandad »

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2022, 11:00:08 AM »

I ran a quick calculation, and it's a few quid per Altrincham fan, a few pence per non Altrincham fan, but across all viewers. Somewhere I the region of like 30k per year... Not accounting for massive numbers of lost away fans which will certainly outweigh the gained earnings.

I'm delighted I get to watch the games now, furious at how it is set up and how terrible the national league are at arranging matters relating to money. At least we made out well with the COVID payments, this time we're screwed.

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2022, 11:13:43 AM »

If I’d gone to live in Lanzarote I’d by delighted to be sat downing one euro pints in the sunshine whilst watching ground staff sweep the snow off the pitch at Maidstone today. Got me thinking……

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2022, 12:21:23 PM »

I registered. It never asked me to set up a password, but now it wants one. I've sent a 'forgot password' message, but half an hour later there's no response. I'll just follow the game using Twitter and FlasScores.

Bath Alty

• Regular First Team
  • Technically now Lechlade Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2022, 01:54:47 PM »

I registered. It never asked me to set up a password, but now it wants one. I've sent a 'forgot password' message, but half an hour later there's no response. I'll just follow the game using Twitter and FlasScores.

Seems like an issue they should have spotted before launching the site. Same thing for me

I have got the forgot password link though it went straight to junk
« Last Edit: December 10, 2022, 02:06:38 PM by Bath Alty »

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2022, 01:55:41 PM »

I'll respectfully disagree with others on this thread - I'm really pleased this is now a thing.

I probably make up quite a large contingent of people that would never be able to make it to an away ground in the south - but would gladly go out of my way to stream it instead - let's say that's a good dozen or so games a season, plus probably the odd one in the north too. And I'm guessing there's at least a few hundred or so of people like me that think the same thing.

I doubt there would ever be an occasion for me where physical attendance is viable - but I would choose to stream it instead.

Also, the easing of restrictions coincided with our most profound rise in gates in a generation - so who's not to say it helps to bring new fans in?

Lastly, a couple of our biggest recent gates (Solihull, York) have been televised on BT - and it really didn't seem to damage us too much on the face of it.

Looking forward to watching the boys at 3pm.

AltyNotFaulty

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2022, 02:28:54 PM »

I for one won’t be buying this! Here today with what will probably be maximum 20 of us if we are lucky. Will sing like we am did at Sarfend! Will lose the boarder line supporters who contemplate on travelling away. Get on the road, make the effort and get behind the boys (if you can!)

Freddie

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2022, 02:40:26 PM »

"If you can" is key here, and not everybody can. Are there really people who are 50/50 about travelling to Maidstone but then think sod it and buy the stream? I think you either love an away day or you don't, some people will never travel to a game ever.

I'd go to every game if I could, but I'll probably make it to about half our away games... and I know that when I go I'll recognise the majority of fans who've made it that day.

I'm not knocking anyone in this post, by the way, I just find it hard to believe that streaming will affect our attendances too much. Also, some people will neither buy the stream or travel, they will just follow online or Radio Robins.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2022, 02:45:33 PM »

I do think some struggle to embrace change sometimes - and I understand that, I can be the same myself - whether it's to do with the fan zone, the naming of the stadium, or changing our kit suppliers.

This is the way the modern game is heading - football at this level has never been more accessible to the masses - even more so now that the NLN/S is being televised too - and I'd prefer to see that as a good thing.

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2022, 03:53:56 PM »

I for one won’t be buying this! Here today with what will probably be maximum 20 of us if we are lucky. Will sing like we am did at Sarfend! Will lose the boarder line supporters who contemplate on travelling away. Get on the road, make the effort and get behind the boys (if you can!)

It would help if we had proper away transport. We used to run a coach almost everywhere, with a minibus only for the odd match such as Welling (I think Jo drove), or Workington in the Chairman's cup thingy. We had a maximum price of 15 pounds for SAFE members, you could pay on the coach, and occasionally I turned up without having booked in advance - most times I got on ok (even if Ecky wasn't pleased!). I think it's fair to say that things are a bit different now.

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2022, 04:29:24 PM »

It seems you have to set your password from the e-mail link they don'tell you they're sending you. If you try and reset your password before clicking on this, you're stuck - unless you have another e-mail address.

Altyrocket

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2022, 04:59:48 PM »

Exactly the same for me. 45 minutes for the password reset email. May be next time.

Altyrocket

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2022, 05:01:11 PM »

oh, and well done today. Safe travels home to those that went.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2022, 05:20:11 PM »

East to register and good quality coverage from Maidstone. I wasn't going but could support Alty. So a good from my point of view.
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team