News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Alliance Premier League videos?

Author Topic: Alliance Premier League videos?  (Read 2027 times)

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: December 03, 2022, 03:44:35 PM »

I was wondering if any footage exists of or directly related to (i.e. not FAT etc.) APL matches? In this age of wall to wall coverage, and when you can even see recovered film reel of the mighty Newton Heath in action, it would seem remarkable if there was a complete blank on one of the greatest league periods in Alty's league history from as recently as the 1980s.

Bangor on Dee Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Alliance Premier League videos?
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2022, 03:50:25 PM »

I'd enjoy seeing games on the big screen, especially Everton x 2, Spurs x 3, Birmingham, Chester, Barnet etc together with guest appearance's, I'm sure even the younger generation would appreciate it.

Well done today boys, excellent result.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2022, 06:07:02 PM »

I was wondering if any footage exists of or directly related to (i.e. not FAT etc.) APL matches? In this age of wall to wall coverage, and when you can even see recovered film reel of the mighty Newton Heath in action, it would seem remarkable if there was a complete blank on one of the greatest league periods in Alty's league history from as recently as the 1980s.

Alas, I very much doubt that any footage exists of any of Alty's matches during that inaugural 1979/80 APL season.

It was an antediluvian world before mobile phones etc.

I'm still hopeful that one day the film of the 1978 FA Trophy Final victory over Leatherhead will finally be unearthed in someone's shed.
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2022, 06:24:40 PM »

I’d love to see more of Everton away in 74, not just the goal. Although I was there as an 11 year old I remember little of it. John Hughes still looks yards offside every time I see the goal but the coverage doesn’t show the pass.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

swindellsworth

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2022, 07:30:37 PM »

First of our 7 FA cupties against top tier opposition and just like all of the others an unforgettable experience . Had chances to go further ahead before their equaliser too.  Was in their new(ish) stand where we used an escalator to take us to the top tier , another first !  Oh yes and there were a few furrther down wearing green and shouting for bloody Runcorn 🤨
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team