PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Southend Tickets
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Southend Tickets  (Read 4680 times)

nimeta

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
Re: Southend Tickets
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2022, 02:34:03 AM »

What the taxman doesn’t see. Don’t seem like a dodgy bunch to me. 🙄

More likely to be a money cleansing strategy... in which case you can sleep at night...the tax will be paid for sure...plus "extra" taxes ;)

This is the history of football sadly
Tax will be paid on what they declare. Cash unlike plastic is not accountable.

History suggests that actually all the cash is banked....and more from illegal side businesses. They then pay tax on it all, but the money becomes successfully cleaned. This is why such unsavoury sorts have bought football clubs over the years.

Sad but true

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2022, 08:47:08 AM »

We have still not been paid in full for Mooney either & they’ve been dodging a tribunal, but that’s hardly a surprise when you look at the wider goings on with the Essex wide boys. Not at all working out for Dan down there either, grass isn’t always greener. To think Collymore was trying to tap up Colclough too, not a chance we’ll deal with Southend again anytime soon I’d think.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2022, 09:12:08 AM »

We have still not been paid in full for Mooney either & they’ve been dodging a tribunal, but that’s hardly a surprise when you look at the wider goings on with the Essex wide boys. Not at all working out for Dan down there either, grass isn’t always greener. To think Collymore was trying to tap up Colclough too, not a chance we’ll deal with Southend again anytime soon I’d think.

On a separate note... would we have Dan Mooney back if he became available?

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2022, 09:47:43 AM »

He'd be off again if another 'big club' came calling. Given that unity and commitment are central to our ethos here it would be very problematic in a number of ways.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2022, 10:28:19 AM »

He'd be off again if another 'big club' came calling. Given that unity and commitment are central to our ethos here it would be very problematic in a number of ways.

Alledgedly Southend werent the only club courting his signature. I'd like to think our star players have clauses for EFL exit only to prevent another Southend issue
It's all my fault.

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2022, 10:31:25 AM »

Alledgedly Southend werent the only club courting his signature. I'd like to think our star players have clauses for EFL exit only to prevent another Southend issue

Mooney was out of contract though, so we had no say in where he went.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2022, 10:54:04 AM »

If Mooney was out of contract why do we need paying? Humour me if I'm being dim.

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2022, 11:01:51 AM »

If Mooney was out of contract why do we need paying? Humour me if I'm being dim.

We're owed a development fee because of his age. If a club signs a player under a particular age (23, I think?), they have to pay the selling club a fee to compensate for the effort they've put in to develop them. It's to stop big clubs snaffling the best young players from smaller clubs for nothing at the end of their contracts.

The fee for Mooney I believe has yet to be agreed, let alone paid.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2022, 11:54:43 AM »

That's a good idea. I'm sure the club will be doing something like this.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2022, 12:49:42 PM »

Mooney was out of contract though, so we had no say in where he went.

Agreed, but I would hope if he returned, then we'd be protected from losing him by locking down with an efl exit clausenonly
It's all my fault.

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2022, 02:23:56 PM »

What the taxman doesn’t see. Don’t seem like a dodgy bunch to me. 🙄

More likely to be a money cleansing strategy... in which case you can sleep at night...the tax will be paid for sure...plus "extra" taxes ;)

This is the history of football sadly
Tax will be paid on what they declare. Cash unlike plastic is not accountable.

History suggests that actually all the cash is banked....and more from illegal side businesses. They then pay tax on it all, but the money becomes successfully cleaned. This is why such unsavoury sorts have bought football clubs over the years.

Sad but true
I admire your historical interpretation but sadly dishonest businesses such as money laundering feel no compulsion to declare all cash takings in order to cleanse it all. Make some cash “disappear” and only pay tax on the remainder. It’s like suggesting drug dealers who deal in cash register for VAT and sweat over self employment tax returns. I’ve spent a lot of my working life amidst the criminal fraternity
and there is no honour. For the record I’m not suggesting Southend Football Club are dishonest.

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2022, 09:55:58 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Southend Tickets