PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 16,511 at Notts vs Yeovil yesterday.
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: 16,511 at Notts vs Yeovil yesterday.  (Read 6328 times)

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: 16,511 at Notts vs Yeovil yesterday.
« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2022, 09:26:04 PM »

We've never agreed on anything more, Hugh.

Yes indeedy, and I would hope we can all agree on the cause of a fair deal for NL teams. I would tentatively suggest that there is some agreement on Marcus Dinanga too, who for my money has proved he can make a contribution to this team, and I hope he continues to improve.

I say AA, was that you a few weeks back at the Barnet game with an Ajax Amsterdam scarf? Or do you prefer not to say? If it was you, maybe I'll come and say hallo some time, now I know who you are. And at any rate, at least I know there is more than one "Dutch" Alty now. You know, that's what I love about Altrincham f.c. - that people of many different backgrounds and beliefs can come together over the football and have a nice chat, and feel comfortable and accepted.  And if talking to people is not their thing and they just want to watch the football, why that is fine too! Let's all laugh at Luton, we think they're rooty tootin'...

Say, do you remember my Dutch friend I told you about? I saw him at the York match, and he said he enjoyed it and would like to come again. He also expressed an interest in providing food in the fanzone, so who knows, maybe you will see him (or his colleagues) too some time.

Fun fact: when I started watching football in Scotland in the 1980s, my team Aberdeen signed no less than four Dutch players, which seemed to be the thing to do at the time (I think Dundee United signed a Duch player too - Paatelainen?). One of the Dutchmen signed by the Dons was a brilliant winger called Hans Gilhaus, as I recall, signed from PSV. Apparently they still had plenty of other good players, and I thought that in that case, they must be some team, and I have looked out for their results in Uefa competitions ever since!
« Last Edit: November 30, 2022, 10:17:11 PM by Hugh »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 16,511 at Notts vs Yeovil yesterday.