PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Young children at the ground.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Young children at the ground.  (Read 7935 times)

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Young children at the ground.
« Reply #45 on: November 14, 2022, 02:51:07 PM »

I've had a change of heart, I thought it was hypocritical of me to have a go at kids, given I probably did that are their age.

However, if we want to be a professional club, theres a huge difference between being welcoming and kids running around, when they wouldn't do this at Notts county, Stockport etc
It's all my fault.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 14, 2022, 03:03:05 PM »

A lot of things on this forum boil down to extremes. There are seldom any shades of grey.

Example:

If we lose three on the bounce, we're sh*t and we're going down. We then go four unbeaten and people start talking about the playoffs and the football league. There's no middle ground.

In this situation there was never an issue with kids being in and around the ground, the issue was whether parents were supervising them and helping them stay safe. As a parent myself, I can relate to this. Instead it has seemingly degenerated into two factions, people who hate kids and people who don't. It wasn't necessary for this to happen.
Come on Alty!

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 14, 2022, 03:04:37 PM »

Just to respond to Bob's very fair and measured post, it is not difference of opinion that I have any issue with, it is the damaging tone of some of the topics on here that bothers me. Some fans on here would doubtless see us go back to crowds of 600 and regional, part-time football.

Of course, all is subjective and this does not apply to all posts or users.

What you say about the very narrow demographic of users on here is spot on, where as many fans have moved on to talking about Alty via other means, there will be equally as much disagreement but it is more balanced out by a wider range of views.

Absolutely agree 100%

alty.fc

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 14, 2022, 03:14:02 PM »

Just to respond to Bob's very fair and measured post, it is not difference of opinion that I have any issue with, it is the damaging tone of some of the topics on here that bothers me. Some fans on here would doubtless see us go back to crowds of 600 and regional, part-time football.

What you say about the very narrow demographic of users on here is spot on, where as many fans have moved on to talking about Alty via other means, there will be equally as much disagreement but it is more balanced out by a wider range of views.
please dont come on here being sensible . That's not acceptable behavior 🤠😂😉
Come on you red and white........

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 14, 2022, 05:18:40 PM »

A lot of things on this forum boil down to extremes. There are seldom any shades of grey.

Example:

If we lose three on the bounce, we're sh*t and we're going down. We then go four unbeaten and people start talking about the playoffs and the football league. There's no middle ground.

In this situation there was never an issue with kids being in and around the ground, the issue was whether parents were supervising them and helping them stay safe. As a parent myself, I can relate to this. Instead it has seemingly degenerated into two factions, people who hate kids and people who don't. It wasn't necessary for this to happen.
Disagree completely. Please read all the posts that have been critical of the behaviour of kids. Not one has given the impression that they hate kids...in fact they mostly welcome kids.....but also would like to enjoy the game more by not having them just run around all game. It is that simple.....there are no extremes of kids vs no kids. As Hashtag says, doubt it would be allowed at some of the ex league clubs with ambition to return.

As for Amsterdam. Words fail me....just read my posts carefully and in a measured way will you.
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 14, 2022, 05:30:28 PM »

Example:

Disagree completely. Please read all the posts that have been critical of the behaviour of kids. Not one has given the impression that they hate kids...in fact they mostly welcome kids.....but also would like to enjoy the game more by not having them just run around all game. It is that simple.....there are no extremes of kids vs no kids. As Hashtag says, doubt it would be allowed at some of the ex league clubs with ambition to return.

As for Amsterdam. Words fail me....just read my posts carefully and in a measured way will you.

This please folks.

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 14, 2022, 07:22:41 PM »

We are to understand then, that there are sometimes rowdy children at the JDS (arguably better than no children at all). There is also blasphemy, foul and abusive language, politics, and probably other things besides. Now I don't necessarily agree with some of this. Still, perhaps the words of the inimitable Frank Skinner are worth quoting: if you don't like it, move to another part of the terrace. One of the great joys of watching Altrincham is that it is always possible to stand (or sit) somewhere else (unless the government bans us of course). May I recommend that little bit of open terracing between the GRE and the pop side cover? Always seems to be sparsely populated and offers an excellent view of the game.

Speaking purely for myself, the behaviour of children at the club simply hasn't been an issue. I will leave it for others to decide what, if anything, needs to be done
can we get some toilets on the pop side first please ?

Bring back the trough toilets - complete with period detail and smells! Can we start a petition?

While we're at it, could we use the old pop side snack bar for the benefit of supporters in some capacity? Surely a shed could be put up for the stewards in the now redundant area near the new flats and allotments behind the pop side/Chequers End corner?

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Old people at the ground.
« Reply #52 on: November 14, 2022, 07:38:03 PM »

Can we do something about the decrepit old men we have that appear to come to the game and complain about strange things? If it's not our top goal scorer it's our future fans. I'm also concerned that while they are snapping their necks to stare and tut that they might lose their balance and fall over popping a hip in the process.

Honestly this forum is a cesspool. Never change everyone

This forum is indeed, for the most part, an absolute cesspool.

Some users on here seem to be able to turn even the most positive of issues, such as young fans being on the increase, into negative vitriol.

Honestly, I've gone from reading everyday to avoiding it most of the time. Either more fans need to use it or it can close down and I doubt most would miss it.

To be fair, it's a lot better now we no longer have trolls from clubs like Runcorn and Southport using it. And it can be useful for updates on various issues (traffic issues for away games and so on).

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 14, 2022, 07:45:47 PM »

As a matter of fact, I would quite like  regional football if it was League Two North (actually  League One North like the old 3rd division North) . With increasing costs, and travel not getting any quicker (apart from the M6 Toll), it is surely worth looking at.

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 14, 2022, 07:51:28 PM »

Example:

I seem to remember Whitchurch Alport have a children's play area. Surely something of the sort could be arranged. Perhaps part of the trouble is that areas that used to serve this function are now occupied by the CSH and fan zone. Obviously positive developments but it only leaves the stands to run about in.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 14, 2022, 08:39:53 PM »

From reading this fascinating thread, it occurs to me that the board's next project should comprise the construction of a crèche.

Amsterdam Alty sounds the ideal candidate to entertain all of the ebullient poppets now attending the JDS, as I suspect that he is a dab hand at making balloon animals.

« Last Edit: November 14, 2022, 08:42:14 PM by TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe »
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

alty.fc

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 14, 2022, 09:35:57 PM »

From reading this fascinating thread, it occurs to me that the board's next project should comprise the construction of a crèche.

Amsterdam Alty sounds the ideal candidate to entertain all of the ebullient poppets now attending the JDS, as I suspect that he is a dab hand at making balloon animals.
it would be that late in it's opening the intended inhabitants would be parents themselves ...🤔🤔😂😂
Come on you red and white........

Bangor on Dee Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 14, 2022, 10:26:10 PM »

Bring back the Birch (not Dennis or David) for the young whippersnappers.

In all honesty, I think its great to see the next generations come through, just keep away from the pop side  ;)

Bath Alty

• Regular First Team
  • Technically now Lechlade Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 14, 2022, 10:27:47 PM »

Just about all the vitriolic stuff being complained about is words being put in other peoples’ mouths. Often by the people complaining about the amount of vitriol on the forum!

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 18, 2022, 05:38:19 AM »

Surely all that metal paraphernalia on the pop side could be utilised as cages for them.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Young children at the ground.