PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Young children at the ground.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Young children at the ground.  (Read 7932 times)

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: November 12, 2022, 10:33:10 PM »

I’m all for young people watching Alty and becoming fans, but, tonight some of the younger kids just wanted to run about screaming and shouting not having any interest in the game whatsoever..

Numerous little ones fell over tripping up the steps and one day this will end up with one of them getting seriously hurt.

I’m no kill joy but I do feel a bit of parental control wouldn’t go amiss.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
Re: Young children at the ground.
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2022, 11:31:49 PM »

I’m all for young people watching Alty and becoming fans, but, tonight some of the younger kids just wanted to run about screaming and shouting not having any interest in the game whatsoever..

Numerous little ones fell over tripping up the steps and one day this will end up with one of them getting seriously hurt.

I wasn't there today, but this is an ongoing scenario. It's good in principle to encourage kids, but in doing so their parents or guardians should be made aware that it isn't reasonable to let the kids run amok. The stewards should be more on top of this.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2022, 11:45:22 PM »

Perhaps,  as part of the 'development' of the spectator experience, a designated area might be created / set aside?

B. 4D

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2022, 01:24:05 AM »

Totally agree Ray.
I actually said, couldn’t believe how many kids tonight were just running about.
No parents in sight.
The number of times the stewards had to tell them to stop leaning on the gates.
If one had fallen through the gates and hurt themselves, God only knows.
Well done to the stewards.

Nom de plume

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2022, 07:23:23 AM »

Perhaps,  as part of the 'development' of the spectator experience, a designated area might be created / set aside?
Stamford Park?

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2022, 10:41:38 AM »

Stamford Park?

Or Chester zoo
😉

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2022, 11:50:03 AM »

Definitely agree with this. As part of the redevelopment of the Pop Side we need to factor something in. We attract a lot of juniors & a lot of these will be the ST holders of the future. On a related note I’ve never seen the CSH as busy last night, queues in the Fanzone looked big at HT too-the club must have made a lot of cash out of last night in addition to the TV money.

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2022, 12:20:57 PM »

Some of the kids at the ground actually play for the Juniors boys and girls. Our two foster girls love to meet up with their team-mates from the Black Kites. They do not run about, but they do mither me for money to buy drink and chocolate at the game. They love the matchday experience, having never been to a football match before they came to us. They do actually contribute to the team and are now keen followers of the club, my younger foster daughter who plays in the under 11's has dreams of playing for the 1st team girls when she is older, or even at United or City Ladies, she is doing very well. When she came to us she had never even kicked a football.

While I acknowledge parents have a duty to keep an eye on their kids, my only restriction I put on my girls is not to go outside the ground without me. Other than that, they can go within the ground with their pals. They are generally well behaved, have had spells as ball-girls and flag wavers etc. They represent the club as supporters and players. They do their bit chanting in the main stand too, and can be heard by the players on many occasions. Some children do run around and need a little more supervision from parents maybe, but I would be more worried about a few teenagers sometimes, and the individual who threw a firework on the pitch after our equalising goal. They do more damage to the club, especially as it went into the referee's report.

Not all children dash around unsupervised, but our girls know they have to behave themselves and generally they do. If not, they would have me to answer to. A threat of not being able to go to any more games soon seems to calm them down. The children who dash around today will soon calm down as they get older and hopefully yes, they will become season ticket holders. It's when we don't get these young children in that we need to start worrying about the club and it's ongoing support. We need these young supporters to be our fans of tomorrow.

Freddie

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2022, 01:32:08 PM »

What exactly is your collective problem with these kids? How do they bother you I'm any way?

I'm a season ticket holder and I barely notice them.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2022, 01:48:33 PM »

I started watching games aged 9 with my dad, who I’m sure loved the chance to get out of the house with me and get brownie points. Although I was getting interested in football back then, mainly due to Bazooka gum cards, watching for 90 minutes was just too much for my young concentration span, after all the complexities of the game are beyond young minds, it’s all about goals and noise. Give them some slack, safety obviously matters as does parental responsibility but allow the parents some slack too. 
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2022, 05:04:08 PM »

There were kids running around who were three or four years old at best. Prime candidates for injuring themselves on the terraces.

Talking about money to be made on barsales, it's a disgrace that fans feel the need to stop supporting the team ten minutes before halftime in order to get a drink. There must be a way of satisfying demand without asking fans to miss a chunk of the match.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2022, 05:11:45 PM »

What exactly is your collective problem with these kids? How do they bother you I'm any way?

I'm a season ticket holder and I barely notice them.

The kids I was talking about were screaming & shouting  which goes right through you.

I don’t understand why you needed to tell us that you are a season ticket holder.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2022, 05:30:10 PM »

I’m all for young people watching Alty but I’m a kill joy.

fixed it for you
It's all my fault.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2022, 05:44:50 PM »

Do one

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2022, 06:00:42 PM »

Just to be clear I don't object to kids running around but there is a health and safety issue. It just needs one accident and a woke parent to put the club in the council's sights again.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team