PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Elliot Newby
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Elliot Newby  (Read 6953 times)

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Elliot Newby
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2022, 09:50:35 AM »

Good signing. Welcome back, Elliot!
Come on Alty!

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2022, 03:27:29 PM »

Welcome back Elliott, hope your stay is a fruitful one.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2022, 09:14:00 PM »

You'd like to think that Isaac Marriott returning to the team will go some way towards improving in this department.

Sign a proper centre forward - and get our other centre halves back - and I actually think we look strong on paper.

Would still like to see Harry Perritt back in some capacity too.

For me, as you mention Perritt (and therefore in my mind Niall Ferguson also), my expectations or rather priorities for signings have changed somewhat. I’ve gone from wanting to spend any available money on someone new to instead using it to offset losses.

What I mean is, if you gave me the option of signing those two in an area we are well stocked (numbers wise that is) but it lead to us paying the wages of say Barrows, Baines and Cooper/Jones while they are not playing very much then I think that’s a price worth paying.

I’d far rather have a Back four for the second half of the season of

Perritt Mullarkey Ferguson EJones

And the others twiddling their thumbs than carry on as we have. We have to have a solid base to stay in this league.

Is Baines a national League defender? Maybe, but we’ll have to find that out next season rather than guess at it this season imo.

I’d also venture that with our gap on the right wing I’m happy to see Barrows maybe tried as an athletic option there. I’m not totally sold on him as a defensive right back. Although I loved his crunching tackle on Tuesday night.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2022, 09:39:53 PM »

You'd like to think that Isaac Marriott returning to the team will go some way towards improving in this department.

Sign a proper centre forward - and get our other centre halves back - and I actually think we look strong on paper.

Would still like to see Harry Perritt back in some capacity too.

For me, as you mention Perritt (and therefore in my mind Niall Ferguson also), my expectations or rather priorities for signings have changed somewhat. I’ve gone from wanting to spend any available money on someone new to instead using it to offset losses.

What I mean is, if you gave me the option of signing those two in an area we are well stocked (numbers wise that is) but it lead to us paying the wages of say Barrows, Baines and Cooper/Jones while they are not playing very much then I think that’s a price worth paying.

I’d far rather have a Back four for the second half of the season of

Perritt Mullarkey Ferguson EJones

And the others twiddling their thumbs than carry on as we have. We have to have a solid base to stay in this league.

Is Baines a national League defender? Maybe, but we’ll have to find that out next season rather than guess at it this season imo.

I’d also venture that with our gap on the right wing I’m happy to see Barrows maybe tried as an athletic option there. I’m not totally sold on him as a defensive right back. Although I loved his crunching tackle on Tuesday night.

I rated Perritt more so than I did Cooper, but still wouldn't be massively convinced on him and E.Jones as our fullbacks. Part of what we are missing from full backs is the attacking threat with some pace. Pace to attack and recover.
Neither Perritt or Jones have pace.
Perritt was very good at defending though.
Ferguson on the other hand was a beast for us.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2022, 10:31:16 PM »

He didn't really want to be here though apart from putting himself in the shop window (which I don't have a problem with by the way).
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2022, 07:43:36 PM »

He didn't really want to be here though apart from putting himself in the shop window (which I don't have a problem with by the way).

Agreed! I think we all knew that was the case....and good luck to him.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2022, 06:14:26 PM »

I disagree. I think him leaving was the one thing that massively took the management by surprise.

Who would take a chance on a lad who has played 8 or conference games? Not Rochdale etc. But these moneyed clubs like Harrogate, FGR, Salford etc are able to just give it a go without really being bothered.

I think Parky expected him to stay and go full time with us.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2022, 11:32:45 PM »

I disagree. I think him leaving was the one thing that massively took the management by surprise.

Who would take a chance on a lad who has played 8 or conference games? Not Rochdale etc. But these moneyed clubs like Harrogate, FGR, Salford etc are able to just give it a go without really being bothered.

I think Parky expected him to stay and go full time with us.

It would have been good if he had.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2022, 10:39:49 PM »

Where does that leave Kaja and Jackson?

At last!!! The most bloody obvious Alty signing in years given his situation at Stockport / previous ties to us.

Hopefully he does well and we can make it permanent.

As for Kaja and Jackson, it leaves them both figuring out how they can get fit enough to play 90 minutes of football.

Would probably expect Kaja to stay on the bench and Jackson to be loaned out again.

Danny Elliott from Borehamwood next please.

I think the most pleasing aspect of this signing is Marple Alty’s relief 😂

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2022, 08:55:21 AM »

At last!!! The most bloody obvious Alty signing in years given his situation at Stockport / previous ties to us.

As for Kaja and Jackson, it leaves them both figuring out how they can get fit enough to play 90 minutes of football.

Would probably expect Kaja to stay on the bench and Jackson to be loaned out again.

I think the most pleasing aspect of this signing is Marple Alty’s relief 😂

My services as Head of Recruitment are available to Parky if he needs them  ;D

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2022, 10:54:19 AM »

Know any good plumbers? 😂😂
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2023, 10:18:59 PM »

Elliott has now scored 5 in 6 for Gateshead.

Annoying.

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2023, 10:27:33 AM »

Elliott has now scored 5 in 6 for Gateshead.

Annoying.
I thought he'd gone back to his home town of Barrow

KENNERLEY

• Youth Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2023, 10:49:20 AM »

Elliot came on as a 71st minute substitute for Barrow yesterday

jhcorbett

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2023, 11:29:40 AM »

This is reminiscent of the namesake series of cassettes, including Denholm Elliott reading TS Eliot
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Elliot Newby